Sign in to follow this  
sierra01

Shipping BKK-CEB

sierra01

I have some boxes of personal belongings arriving by sea in Bangkok on 7 December, then delivery to Chiangmai. Due to a change of circumstances I now need the boxes redirected to Cebu once they arrive in Bangkok, regulations mean they have to pass customs before being redirected.

The shipping company I'm using, Seven Seas Worldwide, should rename themselves Six And A Half Seas Worldwide because they don't ship anything to the Philippines and so can't even recommend anyone

Enuff
Ash

LCL (less than container load ) can get very expensive even if you do find a company. If you don't have an attachment to your stuff and its not a lot or value I would sell it off or give it away. You may be able to replace it cheaper in Cebu. In saying that I have no idea what your stuff is. The items you really want to keep air freight it or if you are flying out of Bangkok do it as checked in luggage and pay the excess.  

sierra01

LCL (less than container load ) can get very expensive even if you do find a company. If you don't have an attachment to your stuff and its not a lot or value I would sell it off or give it away. You may be able to replace it cheaper in Cebu. In saying that I have no idea what your stuff is. The items you really want to keep air freight it or if you are flying out of Bangkok do it as checked in luggage and pay the excess.

There's clothes, kitchen stuff, bedding, towels, personal stuff, all of it expensive. The shipping company waits until the container is full before it's shipped
  • Like 1

Highlighter

How many KG?

Have a look at business class flights that have additional baggae allownaces!

cogon88

Try DHL Sea Freight 

DHL has an office in Manila and one in Thailand

So they can help you but the price may be more then your willing to pay

Just go to the DHL website for more info

sierra01

How many KG?

Have a look at business class flights that have additional baggae allownaces!

It's way way too much for excess baggage, I wish it wasn't but it is :(

TheWhiteKnight

They dont have balikbayan shipping from TH to PH?

bkkmarlowe

LBC does door to door from Malaysia to Cebu and they are fast and reasonable rates.

I think they have an office/depot in Bangkok on Sukhumvit Road... google it for the exact address and phone number.

Buko Beach

There's clothes, kitchen stuff, bedding, towels, personal stuff, all of it expensive. The shipping company waits until the container is full before it's shipped

Towels, kitchen stuff, bedding...? All of it expensive you say?

Well that towel that you originally bought for $4 back home, now with the cost of dragging it around the World cost $43

You realize this stuff can be easily bought in Cebu, and for a fraction of the cost to ship your belongings from BKK-CEB

IMO sort through all your 'stuff' and take with you only what you can pack in two full sized checked suitcases plus one carry on and ditch all the rest of your worldly possessions.

• Like 2

sierra01

They dont have balikbayan shipping from TH to PH?

I thought balikbayan boxes were only for Filipino use? I can have my stuff sent to a Filipino in Cebu but does that qualify?