Gold Star Family Booed By First Class Passengers

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Gold Star family exiting plane to meet soldier's remains is booed by first class passengers

The father of a California soldier recently killed in Afghanistan says he felt disrespected and hurt by passengers who booed him and his family when they were on a flight to meet his son's remains.

Stewart Perry, his wife and daughter were on an American Airlines flight Monday from Sacramento to Philadelphia with a transfer in Phoenix to receive the remains of his son, Sgt. John Perry, of Stockton, when the flight was delayed, the Stockton Record reported Saturday.

Perry, an ex-Marine who lives in Stockton, said the flight to Phoenix was 45 minutes late and the crew, fearing the Gold Star family could miss their connecting flight, made an announcement for passengers to remain seated to let a "special military family" deplane first.

Perry said several passengers in first class booed, complaining that it was "baloney" and that they paid first-class fares. He said he doesn't know if the passengers from Sacramento knew there was a Gold Star family on board or whether people sitting in the coach section complained.

"It was just disgusting behavior from people in first class; it was terrible to see," Perry said. 

Perry, 30, and another American soldier died of injuries inflicted by an improvised explosive device Nov. 12 inside Bagram Airfield.

The husband and father of two young children died a hero, his father said.

"He made a decision that saved a lot of people," he said. "I was told that he was found protecting a female soldier. ... He didn't get to live a full life, but he lived."

Associated Press
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/nationworld/ct-gold-star-family-booed-plane-20161119-story.html

How freakin depraved does the left have to be to do something like that. Now someone is going to say how do I know it was the left, well no conservative would do that, that is how I know, we love our country and those who protect it. 

Hmmm, did the boo'ers know it was a family getting the body of their child? 

RogerDuMond

This topic is not in the political forum so don't make political posts here.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

The article says the announcement was that they were a "special military family".

That would have certainly been good enough for me. Who needs specific details if the captain thought it was appropriate. I've seen more than a few articles where an entire plane full of passengers have honored Veteran alive or dead. 

• Like 5

Edit: my post was same as Salty's but a little more earthy

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1

Just a sad reminder of what is going on in the world today, no respect, no patience and no consideration for others ,,, ... The flight attendant gave the passengers an instruction, and some people did not like being told what to do by someone that had every right to do so..  

• Like 6
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

The passenger's reactions are appalling ridiculous to say the least. I've been on flights where the captain will ask people to stay seated for just a moment to let some passengers with a tight connection get off first. No drama. 

• Like 4
USMC-Retired

This does not smell right numerous times I returned from combat to nothing but cheers and applause. Could it have been one ass hole or a few? Really I wonder because it just is not the norm.

• Like 2

Perry, an ex-Marine who lives in Stockton, said the flight to Phoenix was 45 minutes late and the crew, fearing the Gold Star family could miss their connecting flight, made an announcement for passengers to remain seated to let a "special military family" deplane first.

They got booed because they are allowed to deplane first.  The passengers most likely didn't know why they got the special priviledge.  I would have booed too.

USMC-Retired

So you would boo prior to learning why, just jump to a conclusion you are more special than them? Says alot.

They got booed because they are allowed to deplane first.  The passengers most likely didn't know why they got the special priviledge.  I would have booed too.

• Like 4
SkyMan

And I would have told you to shut your pie hole although I wouldn't have been that nice about it.

• Like 4
RogerDuMond

I would have booed too.

Sounds like the attitude of those that spat on us when we returned from Vietnam.

• Like 7
Mr. Mike

I was very moved,,,,,,, (translation.... cried like a baby) when I saw this movie......even my wonderful dogs were getting concerned!

"Taking Chance"...the movie...you will love it!

Can't seem to post the trailor...sorry

Edited by Mr. Mike