Sign in to follow this  
Mikal

Talibon Hotels?

Mikal

Looks like slim pickings.  Quick 1 or 2 nights, visiting family in Talibon and on one of the small islands off the coast so looking for something in town.  Looks like the Holy Trinity Pension House might be the best option?

Thanks in advance.

Nangulo

Talibon, Bohol?  My map (roadguide.ph) shows five hotels / pensions besides the one you mention.

Three on the pier:  Watergate Tourist Inn, La Vicenta Lodge, Bayside Pension.

One in town about five blocks (800 meters) from the pier:  Talibon Pension.

One on the Provincial Highway going toward Jetafe about 3 km away from the pier:  Lindsey's Inn.

I've not stayed in any and there are no phone numbers on my waypoints.  I have stayed in Ubay, about 25 km to the east.  There are several hotels / pensions there, too.

mahogany

It depends on what you are looking for. Watergate and Bayside are in the town proper where it can get a bit loud; both are relatively new and classy; the pier is a stone's throw away. La Vicenta Lodge is no longer operating, and Talibon Pension House has the reputation of not being very clean. Trinity Pension is fine, though it can get noisy there as well: church bells, cultural center, municipality etc. Lindsey's is about 3kms from town center: it is peaceful, houses mainly salesmen and is a P9 tricycle fare from the pier. Leaves you with GV Pension and Wayside Inn which is located about 3kms from town center and opposite the Garcia Memorial Hospital. It is quite new, and has very affordable rates.

By the way, which island do you want to visit?

Contango

Lindsey's Inn

Out of town a little, very nice, have a look on tripadvisor.

Mikal

Thanks folks, all very helpful.

I had sort of settled on the Trinity based on the tripadvisor reviews.  I think only Trinity and Lindsey's are reviewed.

Interesting to hear that Watergate and Bayside are both 'relatively new and classy'.  Are they both nicer than the Trinity?  Pricing's not really a factor, definitely looking for the 'nicest' place in town.  Lindsey's does look decent also, but we do prefer to be in town.  We live in Cebu City proper so we're OK with a bit of noise.

mahogany

Once you arrive in Talibon, just check out your options: Watergate and Bayside are beside each other, Trinity Pension is only about a 5 minute walk away. Wherever you check in, make sure your room faces to the back and not to the main road.