My Filipina girlfriend is submissive?

Is the submissive Filipina a myth?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. This poll is about your Filipina girlfriend.

• My Filipina girlfriend is submissive.
    • We talk and make decisions together.
    • My Filipina girlfriend is stubborn and does not listen.

OFW Filipina

I don't believe it is the marriage that changes them. I still say it is the guy. Of course, we each have our opinions. :crack-up:

I agree,marriage can't to change anybody, only she/he.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OFW Filipina

• Stranded Shipscook

• Justin Kredible

• Cipro

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most all of the girls I have been involved with have been submissive. I don't do "under the saya". As I have always stated, there can only be one captain of a ship, one president of a nation, and one

The missus submissive???? I bloody wish!!!!! Looks angelic, acts demonic...

Sorry Tonny, that is just nasty.    At 73 years old exactly what is it that you have to prove by treating these women that way?  Just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should.

Posted Images

OFW Filipina

I'm posting for the first time here. My Filipina is submissive and sometimes she is not. What I mean is that she will say what she wants then tells me to to decide for her. Strange huh? But when I told her she will make decisions with me she went into panic mode. She decided that I must make all of the decisions. See what I mean? So I decided to treat her more in the way she was raised and not like the western women who demands to be more than equal.

I like the way you treat your women, Yes we filipina are different from women in your country and i got big respect to our partner and we would like to talk each other and share both opinion before to decide what is best for it.

I believe sharing to each other and the more open to each other are make your relationship more strong.

OFW Filipina

I am the boss and I have her permission to say so...!! :crack-up:

Maybe but not all the time you guy's are right and the women always follow what you say and what you want.

Sometime you also needs women,words/opinion.

OFW Filipina

'Whatever you give a woman, she will make it greater. If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby. If you give her a house, she'll give you a home. If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal. If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart. She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her.

Absolutely....multiply of what you did to her.

So, if you give her any crap, be ready to receive a ton of shit.' :crack-up:

It depends..if she's the one make a mistake that's why men did shit to her, am sure she just keep her mouth.

But if the men abuse her then of course she make big step against him.

OFW Filipina

'Whatever you give a woman, she will make it greater. If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby. If you give her a house, she'll give you a home. If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal. If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart. She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her.

So, if you give her any crap, be ready to receive a ton of shit.' :crack-up:

Absolutely....multiply of what you did to her.

It depends..if she's the one make a mistake that's why men did shit to her, am sure she just keep her mouth.

But if the men abuse her then of course she make big step against him.

• 1 month later...
OFW Filipina

The reason I made two polls is that I wanted to see if marriage changed the Filipina's attitude. Do some tend to be less submissive after marriage when the relationship has become more permanent? It will be interesting to compare the numbers from the wives poll to the girlfriends poll.

I think nothing change to the filipina IF you guy's are always and stay the same even after you get married. stay the same like in the beginning that you court her. Just do the same on going date and treat her she's always special for you. And that i am sure she never change since you meet her.

• 2 months later...
Julian C Thong

because I do not believe that men and women are equals. However, with me being the male, I am supposed to take care of her, provide for her, and protect her from harm.

Quite right. Women are far superior. :-)

• 1 month later...
Stranded Shipscook

Three buttons.... one choice only... its impossible...:cry:

Can you add more buttons please ? :smileywhore:

--------------------------------------------------------

Joke aside, i don't believe that "myth" about the special attitudes of Asian woman ( or russian or thai or whichever )

Filipinas, Germans, American, Spanish, Italian, French, Indian, Dutch, Swiss, Greek, Turkish, Thai, Mexican, Nicaraguan....

I had one or more GF's from all those Nationalities in my life and looking back, i can see no fundamental differences.

Woman are all the same in the world, depending on their upbringing and backgrounds they vary from each other, but in a partnership it quickly plays no more role. They (re-,inter-) act the way they are treated and educated.

So, when one has a submissive GF/Wife, she was raised to be so. And he has (unconsciously) looked for a submissive one.

if the woman has PRETENDED to be submissive in the first place and one was to blind to see that she is in reality dominant, it will be maybe become a nightmare. but this applies to (say a) German woman just as does to a Filipina. And this is just an example, doesn't mean that Filipinas are pretending.

In general :as-if: Filipinas with the exception of some wealthy ones are raised in the early stages of childhood to take care of a lot of choirs and their younger sibblings. While the boys get pampered and spoiled and have fun in their early years.( isay it a bit harsh, fellow males from the Philippines, maybe because i am jealous, hahaha)

This guarantees that they are taking lots of responsibilities and lateron as wifes run the house, the finances and in their own charming and convincing way, the entire family. In short, Hubby works and brings the cash home, they take care of its proper disposal. I'd say who control the money, has the pants on in the house...

Major decisions of course are made conjugal.

Now it is that lately (50 years) woman here are also breadwinners, they have the better education, better degrees and actually better jobs, but not better paid.

Miraculously this has not lead to the emacipation wars as in the western world... why? because they already got control, they always had it and they will never let go.

That doesn't mean that "Macho" Joe or Juan doesn't get his submissive attitudes, as i said earlier, They have their own charming and special way. But it is not in the genes, it is educated by their mom's and the society they grown up.

Now, when we take a Filippina to the western world she naturally first will adapt to the local customs, but step by step will try to install her own agenda, this is naturally and mostly well appreciated. Of course she will also adapt convenient and better ways into her life, but the basic things she would try to keep, such as getting control of the money matters, ( household budget) and education.

This leads to some problems, specially in the beginning. because we are raised in a conjugal pattern. Not to mention the educational conflicts. But again, as i saw with most bilateral marriages, somehow people cuddle together and work it out.

In addition there are strong indications that the pre spanish social norms here were dominated by woman. (Rizal and Morga's)

Although the Man were the Chieftains or Kings due to practical reasons such as the occasional warfare with neighboring tribes, their Advisors and High Priests were female.

This was of course not acceptable to the Spanish, and with the help of the introduction of a new religion they quickly changed it to the superficial pattern we all see now (But did they really change it?)

Now, are FILIPINAS BETTER WIFE'S OR GF FOR ME ? BIG YES ! Submissive or not, i am flexible !

Three buttons.... one choice only... its impossible...:cry:

Can you add more buttons please ? :smileywhore:

--------------------------------------------------------

Joke aside, i don't believe that "myth" about the special attitudes of Asian woman ( or russian or thai or whichever )

Filipinas, Germans, American, Spanish, Italian, French, Indian, Dutch, Swiss, Greek, Turkish, Thai, Mexican, Nicaraguan....

I had one or more GF's from all those Nationalities in my life and looking back, i can see no fundamental differences.

Woman are all the same in the world, depending on their upbringing and backgrounds they vary from each other, but in a partnership it quickly plays no more role. They (re-,inter-) act the way they are treated and educated.

So, when one has a submissive GF/Wife, she was raised to be so. And he has (unconsciously) looked for a submissive one.

if the woman has PRETENDED to be submissive in the first place and one was to blind to see that she is in reality dominant, it will be maybe become a nightmare. but this applies to (say a) German woman just as does to a Filipina. And this is just an example, doesn't mean that Filipinas are pretending.

In general :as-if: Filipinas with the exception of some wealthy ones are raised in the early stages of childhood to take care of a lot of choirs and their younger sibblings. While the boys get pampered and spoiled and have fun in their early years.( isay it a bit harsh, fellow males from the Philippines, maybe because i am jealous, hahaha)

This guarantees that they are taking lots of responsibilities and lateron as wifes run the house, the finances and in their own charming and convincing way, the entire family. In short, Hubby works and brings the cash home, they take care of its proper disposal. I'd say who control the money, has the pants on in the house...

Major decisions of course are made conjugal.

Now it is that lately (50 years) woman here are also breadwinners, they have the better education, better degrees and actually better jobs, but not better paid.

Miraculously this has not lead to the emacipation wars as in the western world... why? because they already got control, they always had it and they will never let go.

That doesn't mean that "Macho" Joe or Juan doesn't get his submissive attitudes, as i said earlier, They have their own charming and special way. But it is not in the genes, it is educated by their mom's and the society they grown up.

Now, when we take a Filippina to the western world she naturally first will adapt to the local customs, but step by step will try to install her own agenda, this is naturally and mostly well appreciated. Of course she will also adapt convenient and better ways into her life, but the basic things she would try to keep, such as getting control of the money matters, ( household budget) and education.

This leads to some problems, specially in the beginning. because we are raised in a conjugal pattern. Not to mention the educational conflicts. But again, as i saw with most bilateral marriages, somehow people cuddle together and work it out.

In addition there are strong indications that the pre spanish social norms here were dominated by woman. (Rizal and Morga's)

Although the Man were the Chieftains or Kings due to practical reasons such as the occasional warfare with neighboring tribes, their Advisors and High Priests were female.

This was of course not acceptable to the Spanish, and with the help of the introduction of a new religion they quickly changed it to the superficial pattern we all see now (But did they really change it?)

Now, are FILIPINAS BETTER WIFE'S OR GF FOR ME ? BIG YES ! Submissive or not, i am flexible !

It also gives rise that more women there are college graduates than men and are the breadwinners in the family.

Yvette Cebu888

As of woman POV, being submissive is a case to case..

Personally, Im " bossy" in terms of business ,work, tough to make decision and speak of my mind.

In a relationship, there is a major decision maker and I stil believe man is the superior ..

Woman is neutralizer to man. In every man's success there is a woman behind.

Thats why we are called woman, we from man.

Most all of the girls I have been involved with have been submissive. I don't do "under the saya". As I have always stated, there can only be one captain of a ship, one president of a nation, and one head of the family.

With that said, my Filipina has always been given the authority to run the house the way she sees fit. Given that authority, she can take care of your home better than you would ever dream. Filipinas are truly amazing, in that they run their homes quite well, as though the ability was simply bred into them.

Personally, I think it is more the guy than the girl, in most cases anyway. What I mean here is, we, as westerner males, have grown up in our respective societies where the women are "more equal" than we are. So, we naturally "ass-u-me" that all women are the same, worldwide. We couldn't be more mistaken.

A woman is going to take all the authority you give her. That is, she is going to become as "westernized" as you allow her to become. I only allow so much westernization of a Filipina, because I do not believe that men and women are equals. However, with me being the male, I am supposed to take care of her, provide for her, and protect her from harm.

i agree with you paul 100%

I want to settle the question of the legendary submissive Filipina. Is she for real or just a myth? There are two different polls. Please just respond to the one that fits you, unless you have both a wife and a girlfriend then respond to both polls.

i have neither wife nor girlfriend.....so what's really the point of this poll?....hmmm....would it mean that you prefer submissive wife?....and i thought marriage is not about who's the boss...but a compromise between the couple...i do remember that marriage unites a man and woman as one.....so neither should be ahead of the other but both should help lead and support each other....

sir that's why you have no wife or girlfriend your still learning

Can't vote because my wife is Chinese from Saigon. Girl don't take no shit. One time when I was drunk she almost knocked me out with my boot. I used to handle the money when she was new in the States. She now handles the bill paying. Sort of a 50-50 partnership after 20 years and three kids. She's the best thing that ever happened to me, but now she's got terminal cancer. Life may get lonely in my later years if I don't come to Cebu.

i'm sorry to hearb that i hope they find a cure sounds like you have a good one. good luck

Stranded Shipscook

Personally, Im " bossy" in terms of business ,work, tough to make decision and speak of my mind.

In a relationship, there is a major decision maker and I stil believe man is the superior ..

not in Afghanistan, they let the woman walk ahead because of the landmines !:thumbsup:

• Like 1
Yvette Cebu888

not in Afghanistan, they let the woman walk ahead because of the landmines !:thumbsup:

Filipina Here :D

I agree, it would have been better to have more options. For the most part I have found Filipina's to be on the submissive side, but not wholly so. They are not willing to be doormats and they do have a strong jealous side. That said, I think it is the culture that we westerners interpret as submissive, because most of the women I've met here do have opinions and want to express them. They appreciate being treated with respect and seem to respond in kind. My view anyway.

Regards,

Bill

not in Afghanistan, they let the woman walk ahead because of the landmines !:rolleyes:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

As my charming husband would say after opening the door for me