My Filipina girlfriend is submissive?

Is the submissive Filipina a myth?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. This poll is about your Filipina girlfriend.

• My Filipina girlfriend is submissive.
    • We talk and make decisions together.
    • My Filipina girlfriend is stubborn and does not listen.

I want to settle the question of the legendary submissive Filipina. Is she for real or just a myth? There are two different polls. Please just respond to the one that fits you, unless you have both a wife and a girlfriend then respond to both polls.

Edited by M.Morey
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OFW Filipina

• Stranded Shipscook

• Justin Kredible

• Cipro

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most all of the girls I have been involved with have been submissive. I don't do "under the saya". As I have always stated, there can only be one captain of a ship, one president of a nation, and one

The missus submissive???? I bloody wish!!!!! Looks angelic, acts demonic...

Sorry Tonny, that is just nasty.    At 73 years old exactly what is it that you have to prove by treating these women that way?  Just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should.

Posted Images

Most all of the girls I have been involved with have been submissive. I don't do "under the saya". As I have always stated, there can only be one captain of a ship, one president of a nation, and one head of the family.

With that said, my Filipina has always been given the authority to run the house the way she sees fit. Given that authority, she can take care of your home better than you would ever dream. Filipinas are truly amazing, in that they run their homes quite well, as though the ability was simply bred into them.

Personally, I think it is more the guy than the girl, in most cases anyway. What I mean here is, we, as westerner males, have grown up in our respective societies where the women are "more equal" than we are. So, we naturally "ass-u-me" that all women are the same, worldwide. We couldn't be more mistaken.

A woman is going to take all the authority you give her. That is, she is going to become as "westernized" as you allow her to become. I only allow so much westernization of a Filipina, because I do not believe that men and women are equals. However, with me being the male, I am supposed to take care of her, provide for her, and protect her from harm.

• Like 6

Feminine,feisty,loving,caring and submissive.My wife and I have been married 8 years and it just keeps getting better.They do want there man to take charge,it makes them feel secure and cared for.I wish I knew about the filippinas 20 years earlier.

The reason I made two polls is that I wanted to see if marriage changed the Filipina's attitude. Do some tend to be less submissive after marriage when the relationship has become more permanent? It will be interesting to compare the numbers from the wives poll to the girlfriends poll.

• Like 1

I don't believe it is the marriage that changes them. I still say it is the guy. Of course, we each have our opinions. :cool_01:

• Like 1
I don't believe it is the marriage that changes them. I still say it is the guy. Of course, we each have our opinions. B)

Well , Admin given that you are big enough to go bear hunting with a switch i suspect most of your partners are submissive . :cool_01:

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
I want to settle the question of the legendary submissive Filipina. Is she for real or just a myth? There are two different polls. Please just respond to the one that fits you, unless you have both a wife and a girlfriend then respond to both polls.

i have neither wife nor girlfriend.....so what's really the point of this poll?....hmmm....would it mean that you prefer submissive wife?....and i thought marriage is not about who's the boss...but a compromise between the couple...i do remember that marriage unites a man and woman as one.....so neither should be ahead of the other but both should help lead and support each other....

• 2 months later...
Passiondar

I'm posting for the first time here. My Filipina is submissive and sometimes she is not. What I mean is that she will say what she wants then tells me to to decide for her. Strange huh? But when I told her she will make decisions with me she went into panic mode. She decided that I must make all of the decisions. See what I mean? So I decided to treat her more in the way she was raised and not like the western women who demands to be more than equal.

• 6 months later...
ashlogcreek

I can truly understand about people feeling that a marriage should be "equal", but you also have to look at reality:

Some men have "submissive" personalities....AND....Some women have "submissive" personalities.

Some men have "dominant" personalities...AND....Some women have "dominant" personalities.

Where the problem with some of this started at .......is........The "womens' rights movement" which empowered women to be the same as men. Now i'm not saying this is right or wrong, but this doesn't work in MOST circumstances.

What has normally happened is....a "submissive" girl is empowered by peer pressure...or...by her boyfriend/husband. and usually it's a disaster..She is given the power, but knows nothing about handling the power, and really didn't want the power to start with, and simply goes wild, with no one to slow her down. By the time the boyfriend/husband knows anything is wrong, it's too late to salvage the situation.

This can also happen to men with "submissive" personalities, when they are wrongly empowered.

Another thing also to be considered is...if you OVER empower a "dominant" personality, sometimes they also go to extremes and become TOO dominant, which also ruins a relationship.

1 of the partners has to be "dominant", which means simply, that they make all the important decisions, but also take care of all their responsibilities with regards to their partner and/ or family, and they always treat their partner with respect. The other partner is "submissive" which means simply that they REALIZE that they aren't able to make ALL the decisions, and they allow their partner to do this..and they LIKE it this way.

The fact that a partner is "submissive" doesn't mean they stay home all day naked waiting for the other partner to come home so they can fulfill their "duty". This is absurd.

Whether you are the "dominant" partner, OR the "submissive" partner, makes no difference, as long as you treat each other with respect and love..

The "equality" is delivered to both, when they treat each other with respect and love, but they are never "equals" where the decisions and responsibilities are concerned.

• Like 1

This seems sort of rigged. She's submissive and explicitly says "I will wait your choice" and things like that, but she's also well aware that when she makes me delighted it's hard for me to say no to her wants. So is her working hard to make me thrilled to be with her a devious plan? Maybe, but I'm OK with her masterminding this sort of plot. :wink:

Jim Sibbick

The reason I made two polls is that I wanted to see if marriage changed the Filipina's attitude. Do some tend to be less submissive after marriage when the relationship has become more permanent? It will be interesting to compare the numbers from the wives poll to the girlfriends poll.

Submissive until westernised!

As Paul says, I have had more girlfriends than hot dinners.

It is only true because I don't eat many hot dinners!

Anyway, my usual experience is that they do not want to do anything without my permission.

Regards: Jim

Regards; Jim

Can't vote because my wife is Chinese from Saigon. Girl don't take no shit. One time when I was drunk she almost knocked me out with my boot. I used to handle the money when she was new in the States. She now handles the bill paying. Sort of a 50-50 partnership after 20 years and three kids. She's the best thing that ever happened to me, but now she's got terminal cancer. Life may get lonely in my later years if I don't come to Cebu.