My Filipina wife is submissive?

Is the submissive Filipina a myth?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. This poll is about your Filipina wife.

• My Filipina wife is submissive.
    • We talk and make decisions together.
    • My Filipina wife is stubborn and does not listen.

I want to settle the question of the legendary submissive Filipina. Is she for real or just a myth? There are two different polls. Please just respond to the one that fits you, unless you have both a wife and a girlfriend then respond to both polls.

I agree with you : they are submissive but also: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hot+filipina+on+the+bed&aq=f :shitstormretarded:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EAGLE

• pinkaholic

• cagayanstar

• Bob Ward

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why put a negative label like 'submissive' on something that is perfect? A western women's word used to threaten the 'competition'? Filipinas rule in love, understanding, commitment and patience wi

I think that is the key. I'm not quite married yet, but there are times when my fiancee' says, "I can do that for you." or "I will do that for you." and the things she is talking about doing for me w

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION NOT NECESSARILY FACT. I believe, because divorce is not legal in most cases in the Philippines, that Filipinas are raised seeing that the wife does whatever it takes to keep t

She makes all the smaller decisions without needing to consult me

While I make all the important decisions, like what to do about China, where we stand on immigration etc.

LonC

This reminds me of an old joke. A young man is about to marry and approaches an old man who's been successfully married for 50 years.

"What's the key to your successful marriage?" he asks the old man.

The old man answerss, "From the start we worked it out this way. She makes all the small day to day decisions in our lives. I make all the major decisions. Unfortunately, there hasn't been a major decision yet."

Filipina wives are okay. They want to talk with their partners instead of fighting.

• 3 months later...
Headshot

Filipina wives are okay. They want to talk with their partners instead of fighting.

Or...if they don't want to talk..they just go tampo.

• Like 1

Why put a negative label like 'submissive' on something that is perfect?

A western women's word used to threaten the 'competition'?

Filipinas rule in love, understanding, commitment and patience with us and our baggage.

All of that can be spun negative if we use the right words.

Thinking binomial and seeking a dominant position.

I love their sharing, humility and wisdom when they know they're in over their head.

Add a little experience and they're brain stormin with the best of em.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Interesting topic, but MYTH. Frankly, I think the word "Submissive" is being misused when describing Filipinas or Asian women in general. Here is the definition of Submissive per dictionary.com. I was married to a Filipina for 20 years, and I've never known my ex or witnessed any other Filipinas (married to pinoys or foreigners) to be submissive. No, she never took my shoes off and washed or massaged my feet, or performed any other acts which could be perceived as being "Submissive." I, however, would describe my ex and Filipinas I've known as having very "Traditional" values; and what we did have was a very "Traditional" marriage, which may be a better choice of word.

Now having said that.... I do have to add a disclaimer that above statement is based on my observation of those Filipinas living in the States.

Davaoeno
they just go tampo.

I spent yesterday with my gf's long time gf and her husband . [ From Aberdeen but been in Texas for the last few years ] . I dont associate much with married foreigners but this guy and i got along very well .

We started comparing "problems" that we have encountered by being married to filipinas [ this with the four of us together and joking around a lot ] . Both he and I were truly amazed how similar our experiences have been . And both the women were laughing their heads off talking about how they reacted to us on a day to day basis.

The tampo thing seems to be pretty common . both women admitted to frequently using the :" well if you arent happy you can always find someone else " line !! It seems that my gf is not as different as i thought lol I think that it will help me a lot in not reacting so much to my gf's actions in future.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The tampo thing seems to be pretty common . both women admitted to frequently using the :" well if you arent happy you can always find someone else " line !! It seems that my gf is not as different as i thought lol I think that it will help me a lot in not reacting so much to my gf's actions in future.

One of my previous girlfriends said that so much I did exactly as she told me. Tampo is fine, but some of them take it too far, going quiet for a half a day to over a day for petty reasons. Then you have the type who use the above stupid lines, which I had my fill of in the past. I don't put up with that childish reverse psychology crap. How any of you can, I don't know.

They're not all like that..

• Like 1

One of my previous girlfriends said that so much I did exactly as she told me. Tampo is fine, but some of them take it too far, going quiet for a half a day to over a day for petty reasons. Then you have the type who use the above stupid lines, which I had my fill of in the past. I don't put up with that childish reverse psychology crap. How any of you can, I don't know.

They're not all like that..

Yep, my fiance has never done tampo to me, she thinks it is very imature behavior.

lazydays
she never took my shoes off and washed or massaged my feet, or performed any other acts which could be perceived as being "Submissive."

Oh, but mine does, very enjoyable. :D

Oh, but mine does, very enjoyable. :violin:

I hope she washes her hands thoroughly after.

Yuck.

One of my dobermann's cleans between my toes for 20 minutes every evening. Soon as I take off my socks he makes a beeline for my feet. Must be the magic sock sarap sweatiness he likes.