My Filipina wife is submissive?

Is the submissive Filipina a myth?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. This poll is about your Filipina wife.

• My Filipina wife is submissive.
    • We talk and make decisions together.
    • My Filipina wife is stubborn and does not listen.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EAGLE

• pinkaholic

• cagayanstar

• Bob Ward

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why put a negative label like 'submissive' on something that is perfect? A western women's word used to threaten the 'competition'? Filipinas rule in love, understanding, commitment and patience wi

I think that is the key. I'm not quite married yet, but there are times when my fiancee' says, "I can do that for you." or "I will do that for you." and the things she is talking about doing for me w

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION NOT NECESSARILY FACT. I believe, because divorce is not legal in most cases in the Philippines, that Filipinas are raised seeing that the wife does whatever it takes to keep t

digiteye

She was submissive until the baby came. Now she has leverage.............

Just leave them alone. You will have more time bargaining on lands :D

• 2 months later...
Stranded Shipscook

I think the myth about Pinays being submissive is really been created by the matchmakers of the old days.

And still promoted by the dating in our days.

And its still a heap of crap (sorry or being drastic).

pinays are just as submissive as any other woman in the world (percentagewise). And they naturally are quiet for the first months/ up to years because they don't understand the language/culture or are otherwise a bit 'shy" due to circumstances.

But then, or earlier, the full (and good btw) character qualities and capabilities of them comes through.

From early on they are trained to be in charge, while the 'boys" get spoiled. This is just the case in the "money" class as in the 'poor" parts of society.

And historical records show even more, before the spaniards came here, the society was very much matriarch, one fact, the colonizers were never able to eradicate, just cosmetically. As the commonly known story/concept of "Maria Clara" shows. A sarcastical description of the 'ideal" woman...

However, most problems between Foreigners and Pinays erupt due to the different "role concept" in marriage, thanks to the flexibility and other means of manipulating in a charmed way they somehow get together and compromise in the end.

But to expect submission from a pinay is nonsense and should no be expected or propagated.

:stick_poke:

Edited by Guenther

I think the myth about Pinays being submissive is really been created by the matchmakers of the old days.

And still promoted by the dating in our days.

And its still a heap of crap (sorry or being drastic).

pinays are just as submissive as any other woman in the world (percentagewise). And they naturally are quiet for the first months/ up to years because they don't understand the language/culture or are otherwise a bit 'shy" due to circumstances.

But then, or earlier, the full (and good btw) character qualities and capabilities of them comes through.

From early on they are trained to be in charge, while the 'boys" get spoiled. This is just the case in the "money" class as in the 'poor" parts of society.

And historical records show even more, before the spaniards came here, the society was very much matriarch, one fact, the colonizers were never able to eradicate, just cosmetically. As the commonly known story/concept of "Maria Clara" shows. A sarcastical description of the 'ideal" woman...

However, most problems between Foreigners and Pinays erupt due to the different "role concept" in marriage, thanks to the flexibility and other means of manipulating in a charmed way they somehow get together and compromise in the end.

But to expect submission from a pinay is nonsense and should no be expected or propagated.

:D

I have been married 6 years to a Beautiful Filipina who is very submissive, she says, and if I disagree with her I get a slap on my head.

Does not hurt unless she is holding the frypan at the time.

:stick_poke:

Edited by EAGLE

The adjective "submissive" is inappropriate as it connotes subrogation. I find most pinays amiable, unassertive, easy-going, amicable, agreeable and having a sunny disposition.

The adjective "submissive" is inappropriate as it connotes subrogation. I find most pinays amiable, unassertive, easy-going, amicable, agreeable and having a sunny disposition.

until you make them angry of course....hehehe!!

Headshot

Filipinas are submissive as long as it suits their purposes. In other words, if you want what she wanted anyway, or if she doesn't want to be bothered with it...she will say, "up to you" or 'yes dear." If it doesn't suit her purposes...watch out! You are about to see every delaying and obstructive tactic known to man...or woman.

Baywak

I don't know how the word TAMPO came into being,Filippinas are very easy to get along with.:unsure:

• 4 weeks later...
deanfarmer62

In my view I feel it depends on the situation at hand on how she reacts.

When we are in town and she is doing business then she is aggresive and stubborn...which is good because she understands what is going on and is equipped to handle the situation with help from me. I will fight anyone, anytime and anywhere but she understands what is going on more so than i do so i am more of a liability than an assett.

In private she is definately submisive and prefers to be controlled.

I think it is this great balance as a person and it is what attracted me to her and keeps me in love with her. If you don't have balance then it can be very bad.

My wife and I make mutually make decisions that concern our family's welfare. Stubborn only when it comes to spending/wasting money on things she thinks we don't need.

Wombat No More

My wife is submissive... I'm the boss of this household!

Hang about, the wife's calling me, gotta go.

TheMatrix

I make the rules and as the leader of my home, we both have boundaries we stick to which are all in-tuned for a long lasting loving relationship. She's fine, and submissive (if that's what you want to call it) with anything for the greater good that promotes further happiness.

As a Filipina, I probably can give you my thoughts about SUBMISSIVENESS..for me, it all goes to the level of trust and how one treat us. As the saying goes, treat me good and Ill treat you best. Treat me bad and I will treat you worst. All we need to be treated as human as you want yourself to be treated, and with due respect on who we are no matter what our circumstances are. Understand that we are also capable of using our own intellect and hope that our opinions be heard and understood. We hate the feeling of being ignored. It's nice when a guy is really romantic, it doesn't have to be anything fancy. The key is, never fail to amaze us the way you do when you were first trying to win our heart. Ones you get this tick on Filipinas, we would never hesitate to make you our Master in a good way you ever can think about. ... - WINK -

deanfarmer62

I think it really depends on the situation. When she is in town doing business she is aggresive and stubborn and not submisive. She understands what is going on better than i do and she needs to do the things to keep me safe and out of trouble. I am happy she is this way.

When she is home and the door is locked she likes me to be aggresive and 100% in charge. She prefers me to be master of the house and of her. I think this balance is good for both of us because it is important that neither of us feel weak and useless.

Been married to her for 18 years and she is a very take-charge type of gal. I contribute to this by being very laid-back and you know how power loves a vacuum.

On the other hand, I wouldn't want a milk-toast type of personality in a woman; that would be boring, I think.