My Filipina wife is submissive?

Is the submissive Filipina a myth?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. This poll is about your Filipina wife.

• My Filipina wife is submissive.
    • We talk and make decisions together.
    • My Filipina wife is stubborn and does not listen.

My girlfriend would call me Sir when we first met online a few times but I told her not to. She would also do things like watch me when we are eating out and was always worried about what I was doing more than herself. She would try to treat me like a King but I wanted her to treat me like equal. She soon got used to that and we had arguments etc like normal people biggrin_01.gif

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EAGLE

• pinkaholic

• cagayanstar

• Bob Ward

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why put a negative label like 'submissive' on something that is perfect? A western women's word used to threaten the 'competition'? Filipinas rule in love, understanding, commitment and patience wi

I think that is the key. I'm not quite married yet, but there are times when my fiancee' says, "I can do that for you." or "I will do that for you." and the things she is talking about doing for me w

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION NOT NECESSARILY FACT. I believe, because divorce is not legal in most cases in the Philippines, that Filipinas are raised seeing that the wife does whatever it takes to keep t

lazydays

I would not say that filipina's are submissive.

Generally, they are respectful and understand their duties as a wife.

This is the way they are brought up.

They can be stubborn at times.

RogerDuMond

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION NOT NECESSARILY FACT.

I believe, because divorce is not legal in most cases in the Philippines, that Filipinas are raised seeing that the wife does whatever it takes to keep the family together. It is more like an understanding that this is what you have, make it work.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I would have wanted to create another poll. Do you prefer a submissive wife? Hehe! I'm a Filipina, of a younger generation that is. But I am quite aware of the time where "mail-ordered-brides" were a hit among Filipinas. I still hear of it even now and I'll have to say that I talk about it in a somehow disconsolate mood. I appreciate the happy stories that are shared here with having a Filipina wife. Perhaps, as mentioned by one member, the connotation of submissive is not just that positive. I still hope for a time when Filipinas will be regarded more highly and in better terms. :) Just my 2 cents worth.

DrJimTucker

Yes..its really a suit to taste question. Every country has dominant and submissive personalty genes... and it just depends on what connects better with yours.. right ?

I would have wanted to create another poll. Do you prefer a submissive wife? Hehe! I'm a Filipina, of a younger generation that is. But I am quite aware of the time where "mail-ordered-brides" were a hit among Filipinas. I still hear of it even now and I'll have to say that I talk about it in a somehow disconsolate mood. I appreciate the happy stories that are shared here with having a Filipina wife. Perhaps, as mentioned by one member, the connotation of submissive is not just that positive. I still hope for a time when Filipinas will be regarded more highly and in better terms. :) Just my 2 cents worth.

Bon...your post is both erudite and charming.

I really enjoyed reading it.

• 1 month later...

We talk A LOT. MUCH more that I ever have with ANYONE else. I just need to listen better. When we disagree, She has been right EVERY SINGLE TIME!!! Even with the little things. Talk about FRUSTRATION!

• 1 month later...
KennyF

She makes all the smaller decisions without needing to consult me

While I make all the important decisions, like what to do about China, where we stand on immigration etc.

LonC

• 3 weeks later...

Filipinas are strategically submissive :search4:

Just call it proper management and handling.......... :tinkerbell::thumbs_up:

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

How about 2 & 3 as answers together....We talk about it and make a decision. If it is the one she wants, that is the end of it. If it isn't she gets stubborn and does not listen...hehe

Me2 --- 2 & 3 :shitstormretarded::shit_stirrer:

Eagle

I've been married three times. This is my third. I wish it had been my first. I've never met anyone with more love in her heart. She treats me like a king & I her like a queen. But we do talk about everything, before we do it. But she usauly says, "its up to you honey". But I still like to get her opinion. We do everything together.

They, Philippine Ladies, like an uncomplicated happy & relaxed life.:shit_stirrer: and if that is with the man they love they feel complete...

Western women, IME, SEEK out conflict and confrontation is the norm!! ... :shitstormretarded:

Eagle

Edited by EAGLE
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
TheDuke

Filipinas are strategically submissive biggrin_01.gif

Man that is the truth. My wife is quite most of the time but if she gets pissed off then watch out. She lets me believe that I am the head of the house but the reality is that she is quietly manipulating the outcome from behind the scenes.

Edited by Toothless
  • 1 month later...
Tom in Texas

Filipinas are strategically submissive biggrin_01.gif

Man that is the truth. My wife is quite most of the time but if she gets pissed off then watch out. She lets me believe that I am the head of the house but the reality is that she is quietly manipulating the outcome from behind the scenes.

Ditto -- I'm sure that not all, but I suspect many most... dang near all... confuse "quite and sweet" as "submissive," when the above quotes hit closer to the mark. OK, OK, maybe its just my wife that leads me around by the whatever under the guise of being submissive.biggrin_01.gif I guess the good news is (after several revolving beeeaaaches who I kindly refer to as former spouses)... I am quite satisfied with this arrangement.

Tom in Texas

• 2 months later...