OPENING A BANK ACCOUNT!

OKAY FOLKS - I DID IT! CHECK OUT THE NEW "JC'S BLUZE.......WHATEVER THREAD JUST POSTED!

FEEL FREE TO MOVE SOME OF THE INFO HERE, TO THERE! I can't, or WON'T! DUMDEEDUMDUMM-WHAAAAAAAA!

ON SECOND THOUGHT - DON'T! NEVAH DO IT - NO - YOU BETTER NOT! ONOMAnOPAEIC whaaat!

it'd ruin da whole shtick!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• J C

• loosehead

• hoz

• A_Simple_Man

This thread COULD have been very useful and beneficial to many members of the forum. INSTEAD it has become a thread of USELESS chit chat.

It truly makes me shake my head. Even after several members have said lets stay on topic. Many, many have posted complete garbage that brings no value.

Its like me saying hey Joe did you see the latest Wow Wow Wee. Who really cares.

Back on track, I recently opened a Peso account and a US Dollar account.

What I found was the fist teller said do you have an ACR card. I said No. There main concern appeared to be how long do you intend on staying in the Philippines.

I brought my wife, marriage certificate, birth certificate and other identification including a Philippine drivers license.

They spoke to the manager and he introduced himself and it was opened on the spot.

One word of warning BPI requires a minimum of 500 USD to open a USD account.

The point of me opening a USD account is to receive wires. So I only had 14 USD on me. No problem it was waived.

One thing in the Philippines I have found is to be assertive but very polite.

Hope this helps at least one member. And even more so, I hope it helps the thread get back on course.

Cheers,

Daz

This thread COULD have been very useful and beneficial to many members of the forum. INSTEAD it has become a thread of USELESS chit chat.

It truly makes me shake my head. Even after several members have said lets stay on topic. Many, many have posted complete garbage that brings no value.

Its like me saying hey Joe did you see the latest Wow Wow Wee. Who really cares.

Back on track, I recently opened a Peso account and a US Dollar account.

What I found was the fist teller said do you have an ACR card. I said No. There main concern appeared to be how long do you intend on staying in the Philippines.

I brought my wife, marriage certificate, birth certificate and other identification including a Philippine drivers license.

They spoke to the manager and he introduced himself and it was opened on the spot.

One word of warning BPI requires a minimum of 500 USD to open a USD account.

The point of me opening a USD account is to receive wires. So I only had 14 USD on me. No problem it was waived.

One thing in the Philippines I have found is to be assertive but very polite.

Hope this helps at least one member. And even more so, I hope it helps the thread get back on course.

Cheers,

Daz

THANKS DAZ! I agree! Yours is a welcome addition to this important thread. I agree with what you said, so now I've started another thread where folks can talk about anything they want! It's "JC's Bluze....etc. Look for it!

So now this thread should stay on track! Anyone interested in talking about music, guitar stuff, and anything else, come to my other thread! Thanks. I'd post a link, and will, when I know how! Heh heh!

Maybe Alan at Admin can do it for me, since it was his suggestion that preserved this thread and led to the creation of the other one!! Thanks!

jc

A_Simple_Man
Check my "Opening a new Bank account thread!"

I saw this in another thread you started so I came back to this one to take a look. I notice that you have posted 25 times to this thread and everyone else has posted a total of 23 times. Two things come to mind. (1) Do you realize you only need 25 posts in order to pm and you have already done that. (2) If this is YOUR thread, should the rest of us bother to post here?

I saw this in another thread you started so I came back to this one to take a look. I notice that you have posted 25 times to this thread and everyone else has posted a total of 23 times. Two things come to mind. (1) Do you realize you only need 25 posts in order to pm and you have already done that. (2) If this is YOUR thread, should the rest of us bother to post here?

Hey - Now it's YOUR THREAD! I DON'T CARE WHOSE IT IS! I just hope you like having it for the freedom of expression! That's all! Your input is always welcomed and desored! Thanks for the 25 post rule.

I love you, and you can't do a damn thing about it!

JC

Hey - Now it's YOUR THREAD! I DON'T CARE WHOSE IT IS! I just hope you like having it for the freedom of expression! That's all! Your input is always welcomed and desored! Thanks for the 25 post rule.

I love you, and you can't do a damn thing about it!

JC

Sorry - I got confused, thought it was the other thread, JC's Bluze......etc.

I was just agreeing with Alan of Admin, and adhering to his correct desire to keep threads on track.

Someone else said it was my thread. I don't desire any ownership or credit at all. My only desire is the accomplishment of the purposes of this Forum, to help us all in our needs regarding life in Cebu and the PI! I have already benefited temendously from all your input, and hope I can help others in the future. I'm still new and still learning, that's all.

jc