CIE British School in Kasambagan

Folks,

Anyone have any experience with this school?  We're looking at the Foundation School at CIE now for our 19-month old, But feedback on their other schools would be welcome also.

Thanks in advance.

Headshot

A good friend of mine has his five-year-old going there, and I haven't heard any complaints, but then I think they chose the school simply because they have a condo close to the school, and they didn't want to send him a Catholic school (they are LDS). Most of the better private schools here are Catholic oriented. The international schools seem to be the main exceptions. The international schools tend to be pretty pricey.

Edited by Headshot

my son goes there,(he just turned 7 last week)

It's no 1st world school, but not bad, about what to expect in the philippines.

the school is one of three (as far as i know) that is internationaly recognized 

(Singapore school in Mandaue and Cebu international school in Pit-Os as well)

CIE is the cheapest of the three

Headshot

the school is one of three (as far as i know) that is internationally recognized

Woodbridge International School in Banilad is internationally recognized for elementary levels, but not for secondary levels.

smokey

sent two teens there for high school ..... fencing and violen lessons seemed over the top and costly ... and the boy meet all the spoiled cebu rich kids and learned to much about life to fast i thought

Can I ask what you mean by internationally recognized?

I know in Canada, it really depends on the province and school even. They pull anybody through, even if they hop in at grade 11 or if they are below 25 and have already finished high school - those can do it in one year - and have a Canadian High school degree which is accepted in Commonwealth and US.

I think those programs are made to make money, not for usefullness.

Edited by ckfm

Thanks folks.  It sounds like the academics are decent but not spectacular?  It's close so that is a strong consideration.  It's a bit early to be a major factor right now, but 'meet all the spoiled cebu rich kids' is a big part of what you pay for...  Right now I guess we're looking for a school with a reputation for a good, disciplined academic program.  As much as 2-year olds, academics, and discipline mix I guess. :-)

Woodridge isn't too far, but for these types of 2-hour or so programs the closer the better.  And I'd be most comfortable with a place that isn't going to meddle with the soul quite so much.

@Toshi - was your boy attend the Foundation School?  Or did he start there when he was older?

Thanks everyone!  Really helpful, really appreciate the feedback!

yes he started foundation, then we left for Abu Dhabi for two years and now again back here.

the school is good, no worries there, 

regarding 'smokey's comment , for the moment i cannot say, but it is the cheapest int. school

Pit-oss is about 600.000 peso per year 

Singapore school about 2500.000-300000 per year

CIE about 120.000 per year.

regarding CKFM's question

if your kid like to study later oversea, or you need to go oversea to find a school, to will be really helpful to have your kid in a school with this accreditation

yes he started foundation, then we left for Abu Dhabi for two years and now again back here.

the school is good, no worries there, 

regarding 'smokey's comment , for the moment i cannot say, but it is the cheapest int. school

Pit-oss is about 600.000 peso per year 

Singapore school about 2500.000-300000 per year

CIE about 120.000 per year.

regarding CKFM's question

if your kid like to study later oversea, or you need to go oversea to find a school, to will be really helpful to have your kid in a school with this accreditation

Thanks Toshi, very helpful.  And sure, nice to see that CIE is relatively inexpensive.  And not all of the others have programs for very young children.

I am curious if there is anything vaguely British about the schools curriculum?  Not critical at this point, I'm just trying to get a better sense of the various schools strengths and weaknesses for longer term consideration.

Thanks again.