Sign in to follow this  
b7335920

Dating in the philippines

b7335920

One thing i never see mentioned regarding the dating scene in the philippines . You might not find what your looking for right away (if your looking for long term) . But the DOWN time and weeding out process and opportunities is a helluva lot better then the western world . You dont have to wait a month between prospects .... They are everywhere

• Like 1

hyaku

I buy my meat in the market.

• Like 2

Salty Dog

Paul should start a forum modeled after Dear Abby, but call it "Dear b7335920"...  :yahoo:

• Like 4

Dafey

One thing i never see mentioned regarding the dating scene in the philippines

I will step out and say that the majority of the members here have already found their Pinay and are not looking for a new one. (I may be wrong in this but that's how it feels)

With that being said, dating has not changed except the introduction, (internet/texting), which is more widely used while in the process. I'm afraid that so many of us have been out of the game for so long we may not be great advisors for today's scene. However, we are loaded with advice on pitfalls to avoid! For instance, get to know the family before committing...

Maybe Dog is on to something and Paul should put you in charge of an outlaw forum for members still looking? I know you and know you are sincerely looking for Ms. Right and not playing the sexpat game. I'm sure there are many more like you that could use that venue.

• Like 1

Headshot

My Filipina wife won't let me date anymore ... unless it is with her.   :cool:

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 2

Richard K

I am done trying on shoes... I found what fits just right... I like looking at shoes but I no longer try them on..;)

• Like 7

RogerDuMond

My Filipina wife won't let me date anymore ... unless it is with her.   :cool:

Mine said go ahead, but I know what she really meant.

post-6207-0-57229900-1478408031.jpg

• Like 3

Richard K

Mine said go ahead, but I know what she really meant.

attachicon.gifBobbitt.jpg

hahahahaha... Mine meant it.. sometimes you got to read between the lines 

TheWhiteKnight

One thing i never see mentioned regarding the dating scene in the philippines . You might not find what your looking for right away (if your looking for long term) . But the DOWN time and weeding out process and opportunities is a helluva lot better then the western world . You dont have to wait a month between prospects .... They are everywhere

I've had down time of just a few minutes here, it's simply amazing!

• Like 1

Kreole

AMEN !!!

Kreole
playing the sexpat game

That seems like a self-righteous statement even if it was not intended.  I am not looking and will not look for a wife.  I am a confirmed bachelor and quite content.  It is my personal business and does not need a "tag" to define my life or intentions.  I am not the least bit ashamed of being sexually active at my age, and refuse to be confined to a negative stereotype.  Good for those who have found their "significant other".  I do not consider myself a "dirty old man" or a "sexpat".  Fuk that! 

I am thankful every day for living the good life here in the Philippines and much enjoy "friends with benefits" and will never, never judge others for being tied to the apron strings of a wife.  There is absolutely no reason to feel lonely here, as there is an abundance and great variety of personal female friends with whom I might enjoy a tryst should the spirit move me.  For many men, 3rd world counties are a last resort to be sexually active since ageism, social and financial status in the US or Europe severely limits their chances of ever meeting, let alone being intimate with young, beautiful women. 

On the other hand, I personally do not like assholes who are "takers" without a thought to the welfare or the health of the girls (of legal age) here.  I do judge them as greedy pigs taking advantage of willing participants.  In 3rd world countries a man does not have to be Hollywood handsome or rich to enjoy the company of attractive females.  The same is true for older females who prefer younger men.  I met quite a few older females in Cuba when I lived there and some of them became good friends; others had their hearts broken by being foolish enough to think that age is only a number.  In addition, I even met a lot of young women, early 20's who were in pursuit of "hot" Cuban males.  This is the only life you live, so enjoy it to the max!

Edited by Kreole
  • Like 2

Dafey

That seems like a self-righteous statement even if it was not intended

It was not intended. As you get to know me, self righteousnous is not my style.

On the other hand, I personally do not like assholes who are "takers" without a thought to the welfare or the health of the girls

And I agree with you, you nailed it with that description.

I am very fortunate to have met my soul-mate, split-apart, love of my life. Before that I was a happy Westerner enjoying the dating scene just like you. If I hadn't met my asawa I would still be enjoying that life here in the Phils and proud that I was not taking advantage of less fortunate like I see some expats doing. I wasn't looking for it but love found me.

Obviously you do not fit into the sexpat pay for play life style and I applaud you. Those that do seek this lifestyle are probably happier on other forums.