Lots of Talk on How the USA Needs the Philippines for Military

musicman666

It isn't the number of troops here that makes the Philippines important to the US. It is the strategic location that is important for possible protection of the shipping lanes.

I keep hearing about these bloody shipping lanes ....surely these are the same shipping lanes that china feeds the USA with ...trust me they are safe.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• rizla

• RogerDuMond

• contraman

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I doubt it How long since you have been into a Bar in the Philippines to notice what nationality the clientele is made up of ?

Huh?   This is not 1960.   Let me supplement with: Based on your statement above, I can conclude, beyond the shadow of a doubt that you sir, have no clue about the happenings in the Philippines. 

Japan has wanted them out for years with all the rape problems in 1995. But each time there are visiting dignitaries and compromises. I really don't see what all the fuss is about. I have been in Asia

Posted Images

USMC-Retired

If we were closed off to the Philippines then if there was a conflict in Asia the USA would not be able to resupply or maneuver.

sugbu777

If the U.S. military is kicked out of the Philippines completely bars and bar girls are going to have a problem.

That was a long time ago. It's changed a lot.

If we were closed off to the Philippines then if there was a conflict in Asia the USA would not be able to resupply or maneuver.

Not gonna happen.

• Like 1

Not gonna happen.

If it's not going to happen, why does the USA continually run war games in the area? Why does America think they need to police an area thousands of miles away from their own shores?

sugbu777

If it's not going to happen, why does the USA continually run war games in the area? Why does America think they need to police an area thousands of miles away from their own shores?

I can't speak for the other services, but as for the US Navy: Freedom of the seas

“The mission of the Navy is to maintain, train and equip combat-ready Naval forces capable of winning wars, deterring aggression and maintaining freedom of the seas.”

Navy Mission Statement

smokey

well lets see smokey is president ... mr smokey sir china has shut off the shipping lanes to asia.. what should we do...???  choice one send destroyer or choice two tit for tat... the new 300 dash line says the usa owns the water around middle east and china can no longer have any oil... what china says that's not fair... oh well sue us...

Freedom of the seas

Any sea? Even those that have nothing to do with American territorial waters? So the USA could decide that the Black Sea should belong to Turkey and send in naval ships to force the other surrounding countries to abide by that rule? Which God gave the USA navy that duty?

sugbu777

Any sea? Even those that have nothing to do with American territorial waters? So the USA could decide that the Black Sea should belong to Turkey and send in naval ships to force the other surrounding countries to abide by that rule? Which God gave the USA navy that duty?

Provides freedom of the seas as it relates to trade/commerce. US Navy has been doing that since Tripoli/Barbary pirates in the early 1800's.

RogerDat
“The mission of the Navy is to maintain, train and equip combat-ready Naval forces capable of winning wars, deterring aggression and maintaining freedom of the seas.” Navy Mission Statement

And what international body gave them that assignment? I MHO, the reason they want to keep the lanes open is so the US can wage war anywhere on earth, and our supply lines will remain unopposed. I am pro US, retired military, but after 56years of hearing the same bull shit, it gets old. WE fight wars because the munitions makers want to sell weapons, and Congress makes sure to send lots of business their way.

Edited by RogerDat
  • Like 2

Provides freedom of the seas as it relates to trade/commerce.

And who is threatening that in the south China sea?

Headshot

And who is threatening that in the south China sea?

:bashtroll:

well lets see smokey is president ... mr smokey sir china has shut off the shipping lanes to asia.. what should we do...???  choice one send destroyer or choice two tit for tat... the new 300 dash line says the usa owns the water around middle east and china can no longer have any oil... what china says that's not fair... oh well sue us...

Choice three cansel all Chinese held US Treasury Bonds..

Why would China stop any shipping lanes? Maybe I'm missing something, but the last time I checked, the Chinese export a lot of goods by sea, what possible advantage could stopping shipping be to China?

I can see where it could be an advantage to some countries on the other side of the world.

There are alternatives. You're welcome to re-deploy troops in Taiwan! :rolleyes: