• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• rizla

• RogerDuMond

• rep1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I doubt it How long since you have been into a Bar in the Philippines to notice what nationality the clientele is made up of ?

Huh?   This is not 1960.   Let me supplement with: Based on your statement above, I can conclude, beyond the shadow of a doubt that you sir, have no clue about the happenings in the Philippines. 

Japan has wanted them out for years with all the rape problems in 1995. But each time there are visiting dignitaries and compromises. I really don't see what all the fuss is about. I have been in Asia

Posted Images

SkyMan

Any chance you could post whatever it is and not some text file?  And no, I will not download it.

Edited by SkyMan
smokey

Any chane you could post whatever it is and not some text file?  And no, I will not download it.

I don't know how it wont copy and paste its a list of number of us troops overseas from nato    if the 100 plus stationed in the Philippines are sent home that leaves only 324,800 troops and about 100,000 are in asia ...

Edited by smokey
RogerDuMond

It isn't the number of troops here that makes the Philippines important to the US. It is the strategic location that is important for possible protection of the shipping lanes.

• Like 1
Davaoeno
How many countries is the US military in?

U.S. military personnel by country. The United States has active duty military troops stationed in nearly 150 countries.

The table below details how many troops are in each country as of September 30, 2011, according to the U.S. Department of Defense. Search :

II. More than 1000 US Bases and/or Military Installations

The main sources of information on these military installations reveal that the US operates and/or controls between 700 and 800 military bases Worldwide.

Taking figures from the same source, there are 325,000 US military personnel in foreign countries:

800 in Africa,

97,000 in Asia (excluding the Middle East and Central Asia),

40,258 in South Korea,

40,045 in Japan,

491 at the Diego Garcia Base in the Indian Ocean,

100 in the Philippines, 196 in Singapore,

113 in Thailand,

200 in Australia,

and 16,601 Afloat.

smokey

How many countries is the US military in?

U.S. military personnel by country. The United States has active duty military troops stationed in nearly 150 countries.

The table below details how many troops are in each country as of September 30, 2011, according to the U.S. Department of Defense. Search :

II. More than 1000 US Bases and/or Military Installations

The main sources of information on these military installations reveal that the US operates and/or controls between 700 and 800 military bases Worldwide.

Taking figures from the same source, there are 325,000 US military personnel in foreign countries:

800 in Africa,
 97,000 in Asia (excluding the Middle East and Central Asia),
 40,258 in South Korea,
 40,045 in Japan,
 491 at the Diego Garcia Base in the Indian Ocean,
 100 in the Philippines, 196 in Singapore,
 113 in Thailand,
 200 in Australia,
 and 16,601 Afloat.

i think they have the locations all tied up ...  i think the philippines needs the bases more then the usa needs to be here    and i just read the usa and China will be doing some military exercises together 

Edited by smokey
AussieLex

I wonder how accurate the list really is... isn't  an aircraft carrier manned by 4 to 5000 personnel ... how many aircraft carriers does the US have out there and how many other ships in various oceans of the world ... surely more than 16,601 personnel afloat ... 

I also read somewhere a while ago about the US now having 4 or 5 resupply bases in the Philippines... that would also call the 100 personnel into question seeing in the sunstar the other day there were over 100 US service personnel in Mindanao ... so what about the resupply bases... 

Nope I don't have any figures and the above is just my wondering about it all ...

lolhahaha

Definitely more than 16000 afloat worldwide but maybe it means in Asia.

1 carrier, 3 amphibs, 10-15 other ships = around 16k.

I wonder how accurate the list really is... isn't an aircraft carrier manned by 4 to 5000 personnel ... how many aircraft carriers does the US have out there and how many other ships in various oceans of the world ... surely more than 16,601 personnel afloat ...

I also read somewhere a while ago about the US now having 4 or 5 resupply bases in the Philippines... that would also call the 100 personnel into question seeing in the sunstar the other day there were over 100 US service personnel in Mindanao ... so what about the resupply bases...

Nope I don't have any figures and the above is just my wondering about it all ...

With additional logistical support for the new agreement, the number now varies between 100-300. None of the new locations has a permanent presence. Lots of very influential people and publications in the U.S. are editorialising about the fact that treaties with an unfriendly Philippines are more trouble than they are worth and that the U.S. should be the one to end them. Public opinion is swinging in that direction as well. The U.S. will not allow itself to be insulted indefinitely. I'm sure the U.S. Is working on a plan B. American ships are now based in Singapore. If Vietnam feels isolated by Duterte siding with the Chinese, they could open Cam Ranh Bay to the U.S., thereby negating a strong need for bases in the Phils. A lot depends on how threatening the Chinese are. Indonesia has captured and sank (after deporting their crews) at least a dozen Chinese fishing vessels that violated their EEZ. The more China tests the wills of SE Asian Nations, the more that these countries might look for someone to guarantee their territorial integrity. Edited by Alk
  • Like 2
smokey

I wonder how accurate the list really is... isn't  an aircraft carrier manned by 4 to 5000 personnel ... how many aircraft carriers does the US have out there and how many other ships in various oceans of the world ... surely more than 16,601 personnel afloat ... 

well japan has over 50,000 korea over 50,000 then there is guam so do they really need more bases  what do you think that 300,000 plus troops cost enough to get every American free health care maybe

musicman666

It isn't the number of troops here that makes the Philippines important to the US. It is the strategic location that is important for possible protection of the shipping lanes.

I thought it was a strategic location to kick Chinese ass.?

RogerDuMond

Don't think only about the Spratly Islands, think about the water between Luzon and China. If the Philippines was to form an alliance, they (basically China) could more easily attempt to control shipping lanes in that area.

post-6207-0-12976000-1477753942_thumb.jpg

which cost more? military presence or paying passage fee?

well japan has over 50,000 korea over 50,000 then there is guam so do they really need more bases  what do you think that 300,000 plus troops cost enough to get every American free health care maybe

Japan has wanted them out for years with all the rape problems in 1995. But each time there are visiting dignitaries and compromises. I really don't see what all the fuss is about. I have been in Asia around 40 years. No one sits in their homes trembling at the thought that China will take over anything or anybody. The main concern seems to be North Korea.

• Like 3
smokey

well how come the usa and china are doing a JOINT military exercise guess some people did not get the memo