Where to find a Macbook Repair shop in Philippines?

sunnybanana1913

sunnybanana1913

I need a legit Macbook repair person so far im unable to find one. Either in Cebu City, Cagayan De Oro City, Or Manila (Pasig)

AussieLex

As a last resort there is always the Apple store in Ayala ...

• Like 1

Any apple store has a repair shop even in Iloilo but if problem is to great they need to send it for repair

I just got my old I-phone 5 that was in my pocket when i slipped of a ferry water did it in took it to Apple had it back in one month charge 45 USD 

• Like 1

A search of the Apple website will provide a list of authorized repair shops in Cebu. There are several. Using the Apple Store in the malls will be convenient, but they send it to one of the repair facilities.

Be aware!! The repairs can be less than professional. I've had several different issues with a couple of MBA and MBP. So far, each repair had some errors made by the technicians. The repairs were fine, but some simple careless details. For example, after having a MBP repaired, it worked fine, repairs were done, but the technician had failed to connect the keyboard backlight. Easy to fix, but for me it meant a second trip to Cebu, leave it overnight. Other errors included finding some folder on my desktop of someone's birthday party. Obviously my device was used and the idiot failed to remove the folder.

I could go on, but each situation was discovered and easily corrected. So, just be aware that when you get the MBP repaired, be sure to run through some checks. I made a list of just what they could likely screw up and I check it before I leave the shop.

I'm still a fan of the Apple devices and software, but sadly, the problems with less than professional service require me to be more vigilant than I'd like.

• Like 1

Number one rule in using any repair, authorized or otherwise, is to clearly instruct them that they DO NOT override your password and gain access to your data.  Create an alternate User which will not have any of your private data and designate it as the access for any repair.  4 years ago I used the the Ayala Apple store to repair my laptop, made out the repair form with the specific instructions to use the alternate User and gave them the password.  Against my specific instructions, they overrode my password and gained access to my private data.  They said it was an "accident" and I just flipped out.  They begged me not to report them, but I eventually did.  I have not been back there since, although I am told that it is under new management as well as having another authorized repair contractor. 

Seriously, you cannot trust ANY Filipino repair shop, authorized or not.  It may require that you be demanding, if that is what it takes to get through to them that it is not ok for them to break into your private user account.  And always try to go to an Apple Authorized repair, so you can track it through the Apple assistance toll free number.  Very likely you will get someone in Australia or the Philippines as the representative, so if something goes wrong, then you have a paper trail.

• Like 2

Number one rule in using any repair, authorized or otherwise, is to clearly instruct them that they DO NOT override your password and gain access to your data.  Create an alternate User which will not have any of your private data and designate it as the access for any repair.  4 years ago I used the the Ayala Apple store to repair my laptop, made out the repair form with the specific instructions to use the alternate User and gave them the password.  Against my specific instructions, they overrode my password and gained access to my private data.  They said it was an "accident" and I just flipped out.  They begged me not to report them, but I eventually did.  I have not been back there since, although I am told that it is under new management as well as having another authorized repair contractor. 

Seriously, you cannot trust ANY Filipino repair shop, authorized or not.  It may require that you be demanding, if that is what it takes to get through to them that it is not ok for them to break into your private user account.  And always try to go to an Apple Authorized repair, so you can track it through the Apple assistance toll free number.  Very likely you will get someone in Australia or the Philippines as the representative, so if something goes wrong, then you have a paper trail.

Good advice, and it DOES apply to any repairs on a PC of Mac product. I had a similar experience with repairs made to a PC with Microsoft. They didn't access my data (not that I know of) but they used the opportunity to download some music and xxx images. Funny how bad these idiots are as they conduct their nefarious actions. I found the images and music by chance. They didn't cover their trail, so to speak.

I did not complain about the errors with the Apple technicians, but wish I had. So far they have managed to do something wrong in each instance. I even had a mother board replaced under AppleCare and it was in a 15" MBP. After we sorted though the things they messed up, weeks later I realized they had changed the "name" of the device to a 13" MBP. Didn't seem to have any effect, but seems like a pretty basic skill that revealed they have little or no quality control. I now have a lengthy checklist I use to be sure everything is working after the repair is done....my own quality control.

I have a hunch that one reason there is this sort of incompetence is the manner in which they get trained. If a client gives them a separate user ID, for example, they use the technique they were trained to use by going to the root and then conducting their servicing.

• Like 1
I have a hunch that one reason there is this sort of incompetence is the manner in which they get trained. If a client gives them a separate user ID, for example, they use the technique they were trained to use by going to the root and then conducting their servicing.

They know exactly what they are doing and will breach your account by "accident".  There is NO EXCUSE to access the root through my private user when the same access can be gained by using the alternative.  If you threaten to file a complaint with Apple international, they very well may desist from accessing your private account because they could lose their license to be an authorized Apple tech.

Edited by Kreole
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
sunnybanana1913

So i took my Macbook to iFixit in CDO. THe repair guy asked for my Password i said you dont need it so i just gsve it anywyas, my MBA is empty nothings on it. He out in a new battery he was asking for 6,500 pho for a battery replacement i said no thanks buddy i can buy a new battery for 2500php from Lazada and do it myself. First he was saying it was a motherboard issue which wil cost 4,000 then said it would be 6500 jstead for a battery. I didnt do any repairs with them. I just took my laptop home and now my Laptop wont turn on i guess the battery is completely desd or somethings wrong? When they diagnosed it they said its wet or something thats why the battery isnt working properly even tho it says battery si fine in the settings.

So i guess now ill wait and take it to a different shop and let them test out a new battery and see if it is the battery thats the issue. Then il continue to buy it from Lazada

POWER MAC CENTER CEBU AUTHORIZED SERVICE CENTER

Very upscale place, probably expensive but SAFE!

Walking distance from Ayala

Unit G-2 Ground Floor

Mercedez- Benz Tower, Mindanao Ave.

Cebu Business Park, Cebu City

Tel: (032) 316 6377, (032)266-1552

Mobile: (63) 917 622 0283

sunnybanana1913

As of now my Laptop wont even turn on i didnt change any parts. Its completely dead i guess. It shows its connected to the Apple charger thoigh, an orange light appears left ir charging for 1 day but it didnt even charge at all. Someone suggested that it could be the "Power Board" if not the MotherBoard.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Very likely you will get someone in Australia or the Philippines as the representative, so if something goes wrong, then you have a paper trail.

Singapore oversees the Philippines authorized repair shops. I elevated a claim to them once. 

Singapore oversees the Philippines authorized repair shops. I elevated a claim to them once.

Thankfully that is true, but it will be the call center reps from either the Philippines or Australia who receive your calls and process your issues.  In the case of a serious failure of a laptop, such as in the case of replacement, then the head representative in Singapore will be put in touch with you to oversee the resolution.  That has been my personal experience.

As of now my Laptop wont even turn on i didnt change any parts. Its completely dead i guess. It shows its connected to the Apple charger thoigh, an orange light appears left ir charging for 1 day but it didnt even charge at all. Someone suggested that it could be the "Power Board" if not the MotherBoard.

What I recall about MacBooks is that the device should work while plugged in to a power supply, no matter the condition of the battery. I have both MBA and MBP and have had battery issues with both.

I may have missed it, but I don't see what your initial problem was with the MBA. Was it not working at all? There is a way you can do a diagnostic test online yourself, but the MBA needs to be working to run the test.

From my experience, the technicians will typically run the device through a series of tests before declaring it is just a dead or soon to be dead battery. You can have the battery replaced, but there could be some underlying reason it has gone dead.

The orange light on the charger is an indication the charger is working, but not evidence the battery is. In effect, the charger will keep trying to charge. I've had one charger become defective, so it may be that the orange light is meaningless.

If the MBA is totally unresponsive, then you do need to get a technician to examine it. Perhaps the mother board is toast for some reason. I had a motherboard replaced on a MBP, while still on AppleCare.

Have you replaced a battery in a MBA before? It depends upon the model, but the process can be challenging.

The price of ₽6500 sounds about right for a new MBA replacement battery. The repair shop may not have it in stock and need to get a batrerhfrom Singapore.

Every time I called the toll free number for the Philippines Apple Store I spoke with someone in Singapore. Didn't make any real diffference, as they use the same sort of robot like responses as others do.

As a last resort there is always the Apple store in Ayala ...

iStore in Ayala sells Apple products but is not an actual Apple Store.

• Like 1