Sign in to follow this  
Kreole

Repair or replace bent left foot peg on YBR125?

Kreole

I just dumped my YBR125 on a very slick, muddy trail and bent the left foot peg, and tore off the rubber cover.  I am on Siquijor, so there is no easy replacement option for the foot peg or the rubber cover.  What is the best option?  There is a welding shop here that can heat the foot beg and hopefully bend it back to true.  However, I do not want to risk breaking it off.  Any suggestions for repair or replacement.  The closest service center is in Dumaguete, but I doubt they stock the foot peg, so it may be a month before I can go to Cebu, and not even sure they will stock it.  Thanks ahead.

Tinbum

If its a steel foot peg, just heat and re-straighten. Dull red or cherry red.

Even if ali this can be done with some success.Wipe handsoap on the ali, heat until the soap turns black then GENTLY work back into position.

To get the rubber sleeve back on just spray a light mist of WD 40 or wipe washing up liquid on the inside of the rubber/ outside of the foot peg and work back into place.

Salty Dog

I thought they had some sort of a dealer there. When I bought my blue YBR in Dumaguete, they had to have it brought over from their store on Siquijor because they didn't have that color in stock. Of course that was several years ago, so they may not be there anymore.

Edited by Salty Dog

Kreole
I thought they had some sort of a dealer there. When I bought my blue YBR in Dumaguete, they had to have it brought over from their store on Siquijor because they didn't have that color in stock. Of course that was several years ago, so they may not be there anymore.

There is a Yamaha dealership but no service.

If its a steel foot peg, just heat and re-straighten. Dull red or cherry red.

It is steel.  Thanks, looks like the way to go.  Also, it seems prudent to remove the foot peg before heating it up, since it just under the aluminum crank case.  Is that necessary?

Edited by Kreole

Kreole

I would like to find a schematic of the YBR125G parts, like an exploded view so I can see where the connectors are, etc. or an online service manual so I can see how parts are attached; for example how does the foot peg on the clutch side attach to the frame.  Any suggestions?