Sign in to follow this  
fred42

Tough,light,strong,Fiber glass,fishing banca construction.

fred42

Found these video`s last night.

The end product looks impressive to me..

I guess you could make the mold out of ply?

Anyone know if you can get the rest of the materials required in Cebu??

• Like 2

Enuff

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

fred42

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I did watch number one but I was more interested in the construction process...Episode one did not have it which is disappointing because I wanted to know how they made the mold.

Headshot

I did watch number one but I was more interested in the construction process...Episode one did not have it which is disappointing because I wanted to know how they made the mold.

Their mold is crap anyway. It has all kinds of wobbles in it (not a straight line or smooth curve in sight) and it is not symmetrical. You would be constantly fighting any boat made from that mold because it would want to go in a circle. In planes you have pitch, roll and yaw (yaw being side slip). You don't want a tendency to yaw in a plane or in a boat. It makes the plane or boat unstable, and it wastes fuel because the motor is having to fight the drag caused by the object's natural tendency to turn. Most molds used in professional fiberglass molding are made of either wood or metal because of their structural stability. Then auto body putty (sanded) is used in the mold to create perfectly smooth surfaces. There are spray-on release agents that you can spray into the mold that will give you a better surface than wax will.

I worked very closely with manufacturers who made fiberglass and fibercrete underground enclosures for the electric utility where I worked. I even designed some of the enclosures that are in use industry-wide now.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1

Dafey

Maybe they were counting on propeller tourque to compensate for the constant yaw? :scratch_head: 

thebob

I guess you could make the mold out of ply? Anyone know if you can get the rest of the materials required in Cebu??

You can make the mould just by digging a hole and rendering it with cement, then fairing it with automotive body putty.

For composite supplies try...

http://olympus.com.ph/31-products#/categories-composites

SEA Olympus Marketing Inc. SEA Olympus Building, A. C. Cortes Ave, Mandaue City, 6014 Cebu

https://www.google.com/maps/dir//10.3342194,123.9422608/@10.334219,123.942261,16z?hl=en-US

Edited by thebob