Sign in to follow this  
Rogersea

FLIGHTS

Rogersea

Purchased tickets a week ago on CATHAY PACIFIC from Virginia Beach to Cebu ended up costing $1280. each. Could have got tickets a little cheaper through Northwest or EVA but could not beat the connections on CATHAY. Depart the states on 3 Oct, so we will be in CEBU 5 to 24 OCT. Itenerary is Norfolk-JFK-BC-HONG KONG- CEBU. Return is CEBU - HONG KONG - LAX - ATL - Norfolk.

My daughter(22) has not been back to CEBU in 10 years, and she is pretty excited :blink: .

mistaeric

I use to fly Cathy Pacific the first couple of times I visited Cebu. They are the best flying to the Phils,and also the most expensive. I fly to Manila now,then go to A.C for some serious barhopping for 3 or 4 days then back to Manila. I jump on Cebu Pacific for about $70 RT. I save about 3 to 5 hundred bucks this way.And you know that goes a very LONG way in the Phils! I purchased my tik from Eva air for $872,Cathy Pacific wanted $1576.00 at the same time I was searching. A no-brainer!

Rogersea
I use to fly Cathy Pacific the first couple of times I visited Cebu. They are the best flying to the Phils,and also the most expensive. I fly to Manila now,then go to A.C for some serious barhopping for 3 or 4 days then back to Manila. I jump on Cebu Pacific for about $70 RT. I save about 3 to 5 hundred bucks this way.And you know that goes a very LONG way in the Phils! I purchased my tik from Eva air for $872,Cathy Pacific wanted $1576.00 at the same time I was searching. A no-brainer!

I considered EVA but I heard a couple of Horror Stories about Canx Flights etc. But your right I could have gotten the EVA EVERGREEN class for less than I paid for CATHAY. If I was single your itenerary sounds pretty good, but since I am traveling with the wife(26yrs) and twenty two year old daughter I dont think it would be a wise choice :rolleyes: .

Last year I used my frequent flyers miles and stopped in Bangkok on the way over and stopped in SINGAPORE on the way back. The wife wife took CATHAY back and forth.