Sign in to follow this  
SkyMan

US Consular Agency Back to Normal Operations

SkyMan

Email from Embassy. Unfortunately there's no indication of what normal ops are? Are they doing pp renewals? etc.

Message for U.S. Citizens:  U.S. Consular Agency Cebu – Resuming Normal Services on October 24, 2016

October 19, 2016

THE EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES IS TRANSMITTING THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION THROUGH THE EMBASSY WARDEN SYSTEM AS A PUBLIC SERVICE TO AMERICAN CITIZENS IN THE PHILIPPINES. PLEASE DISSEMINATE THIS MESSAGE TO ALL U.S. CITIZENS IN YOUR ORGANIZATION OR NEIGHBORHOOD. THANK YOU. 

Beginning Monday, October 24, 2016 the U.S. Consular Agency in Cebu will resume normal operations.  The Consular Agency is open from 8:00 a.m. until 10:30 a.m. (Monday – Friday) and closed on Wednesdays and designated U.S. and Philippine holidays.

If you need to contact the Cebu office, you may call (63 32) 231-1261.  Alternatively, you may contact the Consular Agency by email at [email protected]

• Like 1

tonny

Message for U.S. Citizens:  U.S. Consular Agency Cebu – Resuming Normal Services on October 24, 2016

October 19, 2016

THE EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES IS TRANSMITTING THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION THROUGH THE EMBASSY WARDEN SYSTEM AS A PUBLIC SERVICE TO AMERICAN CITIZENS IN THE PHILIPPINES. PLEASE DISSEMINATE THIS MESSAGE TO ALL U.S. CITIZENS IN YOUR ORGANIZATION OR NEIGHBORHOOD. THANK YOU. 

Beginning Monday, October 24, 2016 the U.S. Consular Agency in Cebu will resume normal operations.  The Consular Agency is open from 8:00 a.m. until 10:30 a.m. (MondayFriday) and closed on Wednesdays and designated U.S. and Philippine

• Like 2

donroberts

Good news for me, I hope-- I'm in Philippines now wanting to renew my daughter's expired USA passport  in Cebu (not Manila!). So I'll be real happy to read any information & experience that people  take time to post here.

Regards to all

SkyMan

Good news for me, I hope-- I'm in Philippines now wanting to renew my daughter's expired USA passport  in Cebu (not Manila!). So I'll be real happy to read any information & experience that people  take time to post here.

Regards to all

I'd call the office and make sure  they are doing pps first.

If you need to contact the Cebu office, you may call (63 32) 231-1261. 

You might also mention your daughter is 16 because I think over 15 it's like a new pp and not a normal renewal.

You can fill out the app form online and be sure to check the box for extra page pp.  If the Consul is doing pps you can pay by credit card there.

Edited by SkyMan

Jawny

Anyone paid a visit?

SkyMan

No answer back on my email query about whether they were doing passports so I would call if you're interested.

ck1

Hi, I just joined lnc today to let you know that the U.S Counsler's office is open again.I went there this morning to renew my passport.I got there at 7:50am and I was number 5.They opened at 8am.I was out by 9:15am. There were a total of 10 people there the whole time. Now there's a lady in charge,and she was teaching another person the ropes. Hope this helps out.

• Like 3

Jawny

Hi, I just joined lnc today to let you know that the U.S Counsler's office is open again.I went there this morning to renew my passport.I got there at 7:50am and I was number 5.They opened at 8am.I was out by 9:15am. There were a total of 10 people there the whole time. Now there's a lady in charge,and she was teaching another person the ropes. Hope this helps out.

Thanks for the courtesy of the report. I expect to be in Cebu Tomorrow and Hrursday and now know I can get my PP renewed using the consulate.

• Like 1

ck1

Thanks for the courtesy of the report. I expect to be in Cebu Tomorrow and Hrursday and now know I can get my PP renewed using the consulate.

Remember Wednesday's is closed for appointments only.Thursday and Friday should be fine.But the more people find out,it could get pretty busy.

TheWhiteKnight

No answer back on my email query about whether they were doing passports so I would call if you're interested.

Getting an email back from the Embassy I'd say it's 1 reply for every 5 emails.

Jawny

Remember Wednesday's is closed for appointments only.Thursday and Friday should be fine.But the more people find out,it could get pretty busy.

Yes, I planned for that. From Leyte it's not possible to get to the consulate in time so I go a day ahead.

I hadn't considered the possibility of Wednesday being appointment only day. Perhaps that's an option in a future trip.

Thanks

AlwaysRt

Do they still send it to Manila? When/how (pickup/mail) did they say it would be ready?

SkyMan

Yes, I planned for that. From Leyte it's not possible to get to the consulate in time so I go a day ahead.

I hadn't considered the possibility of Wednesday being appointment only day. Perhaps that's an option in a future trip.

Thanks

It's appt only but I think that's only for CRBAs.  I could be wrong though.

ck1

Do they still send it to Manila? When/how (pickup/mail) did they say it would be ready?

The lady didn't say anything about Manila, but she mentioned that it would take a while because they manufacture the passports in the U.S. and then send them back to Ph.

The first time I went there, back in Sept to to pick up the forms, the guy at window 1, mentioned that it would take up to 5 to 6 weeks and they would send it back to you through Air21. They'll have you fill out a return address form. You pay Air21 on delivery.

You can no longer have your passport sent to the U.S Counselors Office Cebu for pickup."No more pickup"!

You can pay for your new passport $110 US with a credit card, in US dollars or in pesos. I paid in pesos. It cost me p5390. She estimated 49 to a dollar.

They asked for the exact amount. Make sure to have the exact amount or else.They seem to not have any change on hand.

MikeV

I would not be surprised if this had something to do with the recent rumors of Abu Sayyaf in Cebu.