• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HTM

• SkyMan

• Cipro

• USMC-Retired

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why all this interest in Underage/Minors ? As I see it, the law may not be well written (very few are) but it is quite clear So it puzzles me why so many mature aged guys are getting all worked up o

I think it's important to keep a sense of perspective here.   Contrary to what a lot of posters seem to believe, the Filipinos are not out to get us.   Perhaps over consumption of cheap alcohol ca

We have three kids of our own, 3.5,8.10..all boys,also raise the wife's two younger siblings girl 13..boy 19.....the house is always full of their friends...almost never a time during the day, especia

Posted Images

Probably? If that makes you feel safe I guess.

It means that you are not automatic above the law, people can still break the law and exploit the children.

Without this law, it is very difficult to catch and punish pedophiles!

Perhaps we should all be more concerned about little boys and girls are sexually molested or being grooming for later use and or abuse.

There are no good excuses for breaking this law, for as I said earlier:

If you want to help families and children here in the Philippines it's very great, but you have to do it correct and follow the country's laws and regulations!

Your wife's family is an option that may be the safest.

Your gf or bf family is an option that also may be ok, but you need to take precautions since they then is not yours family. (as if they were a total stranger family without any associated you) Under no circumstances don't stay alone with these children.

Remember:

There are many organizations and projects that you can safely support.

And you can be considered as a pedophile if you break the law.

"In law enforcement circles, the term pedophile is sometimes used informally to refer to any person who commits one or more sexually-based crimes that relate to legally underage victims.
These crimes may include child sexual abuse, statutory rape, offenses involving child p*ornography, child grooming, stalking, and indecent exposure.

• Like 2

It is easier for gay men to abusing or exploiting young boys, for they are not so "visible" especially for masculine gay men.

Example:

If I walk around with my young niece(14) people often think that this is my gf, staff in stores sometimes also ask the girl if I'm her bf.
But this never happens when I'm out with some of my nephews!
And if the boys are very small/young people think that this is the family of my wife, without ever know whether I'm married or not or ask.

The Philippines are still a mecca for gays who likes very young boys (read it as pedophile).

Also a mecca for men who like young girls, but not underage/minor.

• Like 4

The fact is that law enforcement here are not that stupid and easily fooled as some her relive,
PNP and NBI don't use unnecessary resources and crew on foolish cases.
So anyone investigated and monitored for continuous being alone whit unrelated kids is up to no good.

• Like 4
SkyMan

It adds protection to the minor because it allows authorities to act without having to build a case first.
Quite exactly right.  It allows authorities to arrest someone with no indication of any abuse or intent to commit abuse but merely the fact they were standing near a minor.

Also, a minor can be immediately removed from a potentially dangerous situation without having to suffer the consequences of abuse. Before this law authorities would have to wait until after a minor has been abused to act.
This could be done without making a complete blanket law such as they have.

Perhaps we should all be more concerned about little boys and girls are sexually molested or being grooming for later use and or abuse.
Yes, but not at the expense of innocent people.

PNP and NBI don't use unnecessary resources and crew on foolish cases.
Maybe not yet but the potential is there given how poorly the law is written.

Yes, but not at the expense of innocent people.

Innocent? If you violate this law in any way then you are NOT innocent.
Nor have I ever seen that this law has been misused in any way.

• Like 2
SkyMan
Innocent? If you violate this law in any way then you are NOT innocent.

So then you believe any adult in the presence of a minor is guilty of something?

Nor have I ever seen that this law has been misused in any way.

Then I'm going to change that for you.  I have a German/American friend in Bogo that is known by others on this forum.  He was detained for taking his normal weekly trip with his 3 nieces out for ice cream.  He was held for hours and even after their mother came to tell them he was their uncle and this is quite normal.  And directly by the law there should have been no problem because of their relation.  He was not released until he told them, "If this is a shake down you have the wrong guy because I have no money."  Imagine how it would have gone if the nieces had asked to bring some friends along.

So you can know longer say the law has not been misused and you can spout your kool aid about how the PNP is just a bunch of nice wonderful helpful people who hand out puppies and ride rainbow unicorns but you do anyone a disservice by trying to tell people this law isn't and won't be abused.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 2
USMC-Retired

So then you believe any adult in the presence of a minor is guilty of something?

I think he is referring to the black and white nature of the law.  May not have done an act that a reasonable person would consider improper however the letter of the law says your guilty.  In the US we act on the spirit of the law and what was the law intended to accomplish.  The Philippines take the interruption of the law literal with no room from you to interrupt.  

• Like 1
SkyMan
I think he is referring to the black and white nature of the law.  

The black and white of the law is that if you are sitting on a jeep and a minor sits near you, then you are guilty of RA 7610.

May not have done an act that a reasonable person would consider improper however the letter of the law says your guilty.  In the US we act on the spirit of the law and what was the law intended to accomplish.  The Philippines take the interruption of the law literal with no room from you to interrupt.  

Which is exactly the problem and why this law is utter BS.  And yet I'm getting argument from Harry and Tulli that that's not what it means.  The hell it doesn't.

Lawyers are not even experts in the law and yet we have 2 non lawyers telling us they are experts and there is nothing to worry about.  If lawyers were experts in the law there would be no trials as the 2 lawyers would just look at the case and agree to what will obviously be the outcome.  There would be no need to argue anything.  But there is nothing but arguments in the law.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 2
USMC-Retired

Not sure why one would argue.  I can sight case after case where someone is detained for extended periods of time while they sort out the legalities of a law.  They are never ever arrest or place in custody thus they are denied due process of the law in the Philippines. Even when being detained is denied your freedoms of movement.   In the US we have Habeas Corpus which will allow you to be brought before a judge and assigned bail.  The Philippines will hold you indefinite periods of time.  Then say oh sorry we have no case.

The Philippine legal system is not one for an amateur to go and make some interruption of law.   Take it for its black and white nature and do not violate the most extreme versions.  Even where a reasonable man would say it will not result in arrest  because it just could.  

The black and white of the law is that if you are sitting on a jeep and a minor sits near you, then you are guilty of RA 7610.

Which is exactly the problem and why this law is utter BS.  And yet I'm getting argument from Harry and Tulli that that's not what it means.  The hell it doesn't.

Edited by USMC-Retired
  • Like 1

Then I'm going to change that for you.  I have a German/American friend in Bogo that is known by others on this forum.  He was detained for taking his normal weekly trip with his 3 nieces out for ice cream.  He was held for hours and even after their mother came to tell them he was their uncle and this is quite normal.  And directly by the law there should have been no problem because of their relation.  He was not released until he told them, "If this is a shake down you have the wrong guy because I have no money."  Imagine how it would have gone if the nieces had asked to bring some friends along.

So you can know longer say the law has not been misused and you can spout your kool aid about how the PNP is just a bunch of nice wonderful helpful people who hand out puppies and ride rainbow unicorns but you do anyone a disservice by trying to tell people this law isn't and won't be abused.

Sorry, but I see no misuse of the law in your example, rather the opposite.

Take the United States or Norway and you'll find more seriously arrests of innocent people.

Edited by HTM

I am happy if someone from PNP or NBI will ensure that my daughter really is my adopted daughter, this means that not only I think about my daughter's safety and security.
If this means I need to have with me documents proving this, then it's ok for me.
In fact it means that the PNP doing the job they should do correct, not that they are misusing the law.

• Like 2

n the US we have Habeas Corpus which will allow you to be brought before a judge and assigned bail. The Philippines will hold you indefinite periods of time.

This was new to me, when did they removed habeas corpus from the Philippine constitution?
This week, or are we under under martial law now?

• Like 1
USMC-Retired

When they detain people without placing them in custody.  They do it all the time days weeks months will go by and they have never seen a judge. 

This was new to me, when did they removed habeas corpus from the Philippine constitution?
This week, or are we under under martial law now?