Sign in to follow this  
HTM

Underage/minors

senseless

There is nothing that says a 22 year old can't be with a 16 or 17 year old.

So it's 4th degree. A 4th degree cousin playing with my daughter is ok -- but 5th degree and I go to jail.

I guess I have to start asking how I'm related to the kids my wife brings over to play with my daughter. They're all 'cousins'.... But who knows what that means here...

SkyMan
So it's 4th degree. A 4th degree cousin playing with my daughter is ok -- but 5th degree and I go to jail.

Nooooooooo, a 1st cousin is the 4th degree of affinity (by marriage). So a 2nd cousin would send you to jail.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1

senseless

Nooooooooo, a 1st cousin is the 4th degree of affinity (by marriage). So a 2nd cousin would send you to jail.

wow. (i have nothing else to say but... wow..)

thanks for the info

Edited by senseless

Headshot

Look at this...

post-6379-0-95714300-1476777572.jpg

The number above the upper left corner of each box is the degree of affinity of each relationship. Any number higher than 4 is a no-no if that person is a minor. Do NOT allow yourself to be alone with them. Of course, unless you are married, none of this does you any good at all. You are NOT related to the relatives of your girl friend or boy friend.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 3

contraman

That is relationship by blood

Is it different to relationship by defacto or relationship by marriage ? :idontknow:

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Headshot

Is it different to relationship by defacto or relationship by marriage ? :idontknow: 

No. it is the same. Whether you are an uncle by blood or by marriage makes no difference to the law.

• Like 2

liquido

Republic Act No. 7610 Section 10(b) "Any person who shall keep or have in his company a minor, twelve (12) years or under or who in ten (10) years or more his junior in any public or private place, hotel, motel, beer joint, discotheque, cabaret, pension house, sauna or massage parlor, beach and/or other tourist resort or similar places shall suffer the penalty of prison mayor in its maximum period and a fine of not less than Fifty thousand pesos (P50,000)

So this law is saying for example that if your a male(foreigner/Filipino) age 22 or younger its NOT a crime to have sex or be in private company with a 12 year old?  I hope to God im miss interpreting this law or horribly confused...?????????

smokey

Just also to mention it, Filipinos are often arrested for R.A. 7610 violations, much more often than foreigners of course.

its way to often do as I say not as I do...

HTM

These crimes may include child sexual abuse, statutory rape, offenses involving child p*ornography, child grooming, stalking, and indecent exposure.

Child grooming

Child grooming is befriending and establishing an emotional connection with a child, and sometimes the family, to lower the child's inhibitions for child sexual abuse. It lures minors into trafficking of children, illicit businesses such as child prostitution, or the production of child p*ornography.

This crime has been proscribed in various ways since the International Convention for the Suppression of the Traffic in Women and Children, which was agreed in 1921 as a multilateral treaty of the League of Nations that addressed the problem of international trafficking of women and children for nefarious purposes.

The proscribed traffic was international in nature at that time.

The concept of localised grooming, in which gangs of reprobates groom neighbourhood victims, was defined in 2010 by the UK Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre.

To establish a good relationship with a child and the child's family, child groomers might do several things: They might try to gain the child's or parents' trust by befriending them, with the goal of easy access to the child.[6][7][8] A trusting relationship with the family means the child's parents are less likely to believe potential accusations.[6] Child groomers might look for opportunities to have time alone with the child, which can be done by offering to babysit; the groomers may also invite the child for sleepovers, for opportunistic bed sharing. They might give gifts or money to the child in exchange for sexual contact, or for no apparent reason. Commonly, they show p*ornography to the child, or talk about sexual topics with the child, hoping to make it easy for the child to accept such acts, thus normalizing the behavior.] Hugging and kissing or other physical contact, even when the child does not want it, can happen

Read [email protected]

Stalking

Stalking is unwanted or obsessive attention by an individual or group towards another person. Stalking behaviors are related to harassment and intimidation and may include following the victim in person or monitoring them. The term stalking is used, with some differing definitions, in psychiatry and psychology and also in some legal jurisdictions as a term for a criminal offense.

Read [email protected]

Indecent exposure

As a legal expression, indecent exposure is the deliberate exposure in public or in view of the general public by a person of a portion or portions of his body, in circumstances where the exposure is contrary to local moral or other standards of appropriate behavior. Social and community attitudes to the exposing of various body parts and laws covering what is referred to as indecent exposure vary significantly in different countries. It ranges from prohibition of exposure of genital area and buttocks.

Decency is generally judged by the standards of the local community, which is sometimes codified in law. Such standards may be based on religion, morality or tradition, or justified on the basis of "necessary to public order". Non-sexual exhibitionism or public nudity is sometimes considered indecent exposure. If sexual acts are performed, with or without an element of nudity, this can be considered gross indecency, which is usually a more serious criminal offence. In some countries, exposure of the body in breach of community standards of modesty is also considered to be public indecency.[citation needed]

The legal and community standards of what states of undress constitute indecent exposure vary considerably, and depend on the context in which the exposure takes place. These standards have also varied over time, making the definition of indecent exposure itself a complex topic.

Read [email protected]

HTM

So this law is saying for example that if your a male(foreigner/Filipino) age 22 or younger its NOT a crime to have sex or be in private company with a 12 year old?  I hope to God im miss interpreting this law or horribly confused...?????????

Yes, It may NOT a crime to be with a 12 year old

But its a crime to have sex with a 12 year old  In this case.

Edited by HTM

Kreole

Quote Republic Act No. 7610 Section 10(b) "Any person who shall keep or have in his company a minor, twelve (12) years or under or who in ten (10) years or more his junior in any public or private place, hotel, motel, beer joint, discotheque, cabaret, pension house, sauna or massage parlor, beach and/or other tourist resort or similar places shall suffer the penalty of prison mayor in its maximum period and a fine of not less than Fifty thousand pesos (P50,000) You do not have to be "alone" with the person

Thanks very much, Woolf.  Now it is clear that any interaction with a minor is illegal, all the more reason to avoid any borderline or suspected girls.

• Like 1

senseless

I contacted "Anti-Child Abuse, Discrimination, Exploitation Division (ACADED) National Bureau of Investigation" and asked them regarding my child having friends and 2nd+ degree cousins that she plays with. They said they would look up case law and get back to me. I'm not holding my breath but if I follow up with them enough I'll probably get an answer.

Edited by senseless

SkyMan
my child having friends and 2nd+ degree cousins that she plays with.

It's actually 2nd cousins and 2nd cousins are 6th degree of affinity.  But of course her friends are not related at all.

Now you are quite probably fine in this situation but how do you feel about "quite probably?"  All it takes is for one of these friends/cousins to say, 'he touched me.' (possibly at the prompting of a parent) and the shvit hits the fan.   While you daughter and perhaps other witnesses might say no such event occurred, you are still guilty of RA 7610 witnesses or not.

Edited by SkyMan

contraman

I contacted "Anti-Child Abuse, Discrimination, Exploitation Division (ACADED) National Bureau of Investigation" and asked them regarding my child having friends and 2nd+ degree cousins that she plays with. They said they would look up case law and get back to me. I'm not holding my breath but if I follow up with them enough I'll probably get an answer.

Now you have alerted them

They will probably come and arrest you, :idontknow:

Edited by contraman
  • Like 2

senseless

Now you have alerted then

They will probably come and arrest you, :idontknow:

They'd have to arrest the whole family (20+). That 2nd degree cousin (and his 10 other siblings) were abandoned by his mother. He's frequently living with others who would not meet the 4th affinity criteria.

• Like 1