Sign in to follow this  
HTM

Underage/minors

rizla

I am never worried when entering Philippines with my laptop but I am when I enter Canada as single male traveller from Asia. In fact, next time I will travel back home to Canada, I will leave my laptop here in the Philippines. because I already know what's gonne happen.

Like what??

If I get stopped, I couldn't care less if some customs official wants to look at my pictures, hope he is interested in Chinese architecture, nothing I'm ashamed of on any of my computers.

Having travelled in and out of the UK, Hong Kong, China, Philippines at least 8 times a year for the last 9 years, plus other Asian,North/South American and European countries over the last 25 years accompanied with a laptop since they first became available, I have NEVER once been stopped and asked to show what is on my laptop or external hard drives.

• Like 1

Oz Jon

If a tourist came to your country and told you how to draft laws to suit how he interacted with minors, guess what the reaction would be.

If he had a reasonable argument as to what was wrong with that law, I would not only listen to him, but thank him for drawing that to my attention.

I don't suffer from "loss of face" when my views/actions are questioned

Nor do I think that I am always right!

Edited by Oz Jon
  • Like 3

Oz Jon

I am not completely against the idea of a well crafted law that has the same goals and similar language as RA7610; I can see how such a law could be useful. Having said that, 7610 is garbage. That it passed and became law does not speak well of the craftsmanship and pride of a job well done of those responsible.

Thanks Cipro - perfectly phrased!

That's exactly the problem with 7610!

The concept was fine, but the wording of the law was either deliberate or incompetent crap!

Edited by Oz Jon

RogerDuMond

The concept was fine, but the wording of the law was either deliberate or incompetent crap!

HTM

Harry and Tulli say, no no, it's fine to be around all the minors you want.

Where in hell have I stated this, please specify or you should apologize
I specified NORMAL contact with children!

Do not come with a lie about me, it can be characterized as personal attacks and slander.
If you are going refer or tell what I say or think then referring correct what I say does not make up a fantasy and a lie. If you think it's okay that children here are molested as long as perpetrators  b protected, and that perpetrators need more protection than victims.... I do not see you sticking out your neck personally for your viewpoint in RL, walk the walk . I do, I putt my name on doc and stay near when arrest warnings be served, and yes sometimes I get threaten and get some problem, but that's life.

From this forum I remember that time a mom and kid were "kidnapped" by guards in Talisay, very many here talk the talk to the concerned father, but they didn't do anything even if they lived closer than me.
And the girl and the dentist who reported to Paul about abuse and fraud and ask the forum for help, much talk the talk here in the forum, but none of you lifted a finger to help. I still a part of that case. Also my name.

Some of you have a tough mouthed, but if something needs to be done you are like little frightened girls I feel.

Paul also knows of cases where I also helped forums members here with impossible problems. But I don't advertising for what I do,ore done.  This is not business for me and I don't bill them for help.
And still there are members here who get help from me and are very grateful, they may prefer someone who walk the walk not only talks the talk, and someone who has good connections and contacts here.

Talk about me behind my back as much as you all want, what you say is of little importance, and everyone knows that real men dare to speak directly to people, they do not hide themselves. Personally I have only problems with those who abuse children and women, not with normal people. And if I dislike a person, I take it up with him directly or avoid the person completely, I do not talk behind his back.

Otherwise, I am very willing to meet personal with those who will discuss, agree or not is immaterial, I discuss matter, not person.There are not important to me that we are or will agree.

My name and place of residence are known to most people, I'm not hiding

• Like 5

HTM

No, I'm!  :yahoo::ROFLMAO: 

• Like 1

Cipro
Where in hell have I stated this, please specify or you should apologize I specified NORMAL contact with children!

Fantastic idea, where normal is determined after several hours of being detained, with news articles about your child molestation habits optional until you either pay the correct fees or the authorities locate your wife's birth records. Brilliant plan, subscribe me to your newsletter!

(And yes, this has happened, scroll up for several similar examples)

Edited by Cipro
  • Like 2

USMC-Retired

Some people can not be around their wife for normal contact and you want people to surround themselves Normally with kids. What a stupid ass statement to even suggest it. If they end up in jail people will jump on the police bandwagon saying how stupid they were. Follow that advice and you will find your self in hot water. Remember all it takes is a complaint. No facts just a complaint and your in jail.

• Like 3

Headshot

Lots most locals, but only "Americano" like German Korean an Australian make the news.

I know a lot of Filipinos who have maids and yayas that are 16 or younger (unrelated) living in their homes, and they have never been bothered by this law. Having young helpers is a custom here, and the authorities would never be able to get anything to stick. However, a foreigner would be absolutely crazy to allow that situation in his own home, because somebody will suspect that you are up to no good and report you to authorities. Even if it is a normal employer/employee relationship with nothing untoward happening (even if only your wife has any contact with the helper), you can bet that the minor(s) will be "rescued" and you will spend some time in custody (probably losing everything you have in the process). The ONLY safe route is to follow the letter of the law on this one, and don't allow unrelated minors to become part of your household (nor allow them into your home without their parents present).

• Like 2

HTM

The ONLY safe route is to follow the letter of the law on this one, and don't allow unrelated minors to become part of your household (nor allow them into your home without their parents present).

Correct! 

• Like 1

thebob

What I find interesting is that there are many who support vigilantes killing "suspected" drug dealers, yet object to a law that is designed to protect children because it is badly worded.

Maybe we should just shoot all adults caught alone with children who don't look like them to save the courts time.

• Like 2

USMC-Retired

What I find interesting is that there are many who support vigilantes killing "suspected" drug dealers, yet object to a law that is designed to protect children because it is badly worded.

Maybe we should just shoot all adults caught alone with children who don't look like them to save the courts time.

Since you put this out here.  Who supported it (killing of drug dealers), a list of names so we can compare who supports what.  Otherwise you should not try and lump your sense of morality and thinking that two wrongs somehow make it ok.  Because I objected to both of these.   

A simple list would be nice.  Otherwise it does not exist.  

Edited by USMC-Retired
  • Like 1

HTM

Some people can not be around their wife for normal contact

I think most people here (98,5%) understand that I'm talking about normal people, for if he can't be around his wife or other people for normal contact, then he should of course not have contact with children, regardless of the law.

I think and hope that people are not as stupid as you give the impression of that they are, for normal people can think.

USMC-Retired

I think most people here (98,5%) understand that I'm talking about normal people, for if he can't be around his wife or other people for normal contact, then he should of course not have contact with children, regardless of the law.

I think and hope that people are not as stupid as you give the impression of that they are, for normal people can think.

They do not understand the law and saying Normal is not Normal in a western country.  So no I do not give them credit as they do not understand a simple complaint can get them detained for an extended period.

• Like 2

thebob

Who supported it (killing of drug dealers), a list of names so we can compare who supports what.

I'm not about to start hunting through previous posts but there certainly has been support for " vigilantes" on this forum.