Sign in to follow this  
HTM

Underage/minors

Woolf

if in doubt take video confession of their age and them confirming there age while filming the ID and them holding it.. Then again if you need to do that maybe you should be looking for females a bit older. If 2 guys on a motorcycle pay you a visit then you won't have time to explain anyway.

Do you really think that this will in any way help you in court

if the person is under 18 then the person is under 18

even if he/she showed a birth certificate will not help if she/he shows up to be under 18

• Like 6

senseless

I'm curious about this. With the way the law is worded.... Can I allow my daughter to have friends over if their parents or relatives aren't here? If my daughter has a friend over who is unrelated to anyone here -- technically, I would be in violation of the law.

And what degree does 'family relations' stop at? There are some cousins who are like 4th, 5th, 6th, etc degree relatives who she plays with. How far out do family relations extend for me? If she's playing with a 3rd degree cousin vs a 4th degree cousin... Would that make any difference?

Also, when my daughter goes to school she is with someone who is unrelated to her all day.. Is the school in violation of this law?

I once took my daughter and niece (by marriage) to a hotel to go swimming and playing for a night while my wife was out of town. The lady at the desk was kind of weirded out (even though my daughter is obviously my daughter). She became less weirded out when she realized that I was related to her. Still, I half expected police to show up knocking on the door.

Edited by senseless

HTM

Also, when my daughter goes to school she is with someone who is unrelated to her all day.. Is the school in violation of this law?

No, Same  for all the "good" priests, doctors and equivalent, it's some exception in the law.

• Like 2

contraman

There must be a lot of guys that I have seen at the Malls that are not Linc readers.

While I do not know for a fact the ages or relationship  of the boys/girls that are with them

I would be a little concerned if I were them. YMMV    :idontknow:

• Like 4

HTM

of the boys/girls that are with them

Thanks for the reminder
Yes it is important that we remember that this is not only involving minors girls but also boys as well. It's also not just 14-17 year old but also younger children/kids. Abuse of Minors boys is possibly a nearly as big a problem as underage girls, and possibly more hidden.

• Like 1

Kreole

Many girls do not have identification, in which case, one should NOT take the risk of meeting them if you suspect she may be a minor.  I would not even meet a girl in a public place if I had any indication that she was under age or borderline.  Although it is not illegal, according to the law as I read it, we would not be alone with hundreds of people milling around, I still do not recommend it.  It would be awkward to be seen in such a situation.   

Underage girls sometimes contact me in facebook, and I will not "friend" them.  It is just common sense to keep a distance, even on social media.  That way there is no "connection" between you and a minor.  One time I was in a cyper cafe and next to me were 3 girls about 13 or 14 who were chatting a foreigner.  The girl at the computer was asking for money for her sick father who was in the hospital.  So they learn at an early age how to meet and manipulate foreigners.

Edited by Kreole
  • Like 2

Woolf

Although it is not illegal, according to the law as I read it, we would not be alone with hundreds of people milling around

Republic Act No. 7610 Section 10(b)
"Any person who shall keep or have in his company a minor, twelve (12) years or under or who in ten (10) years or more his junior in any public or private place, hotel, motel, beer joint, discotheque, cabaret, pension house, sauna or massage parlor, beach and/or other tourist resort or similar places shall suffer the penalty of prison mayor in its maximum period and a fine of not less than Fifty thousand pesos (P50,000)

You do not have to be "alone" with the person

• Like 1

Salty Dog

Hows this?  If you think you need to be asking her for her ID to prove she is over 18. Maybe you shouldn't be with her in the first place... :unknw:

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 8

senseless

Hows this?  If you think you need to be asking her for her ID to prove she is over 18. Maybe you shouldn't be with her in the first place... :unknw:

Dunno, I was 22 when I first came here. It would have been quite easy for me to end up with someone under 18. When I first got here, I thought everyone was 14 even the 28 year olds. It took me awhile but my brain finally adapted and can generally determine correct age now.

I'm still curious about the questions I had before.. Does anyone know the answers?

I'm curious about this. With the way the law is worded.... Can I allow my daughter to have friends over if their parents or relatives aren't here? If my daughter has a friend over who is unrelated to anyone here -- technically, I would be in violation of the law.

And what degree does 'family relations' stop at? There are some cousins who are like 4th, 5th, 6th, etc degree relatives who she plays with. How far out do family relations extend for me? If she's playing with a 3rd degree cousin vs a 4th degree cousin... Would that make any difference?

Am I supposed to just tell my daughter "Sorry, You can't go to friends house or have friends come over"?

Edited by senseless

SkyMan

technically, I would be in violation of the law.
Yes, that's right.

If she's playing with a 3rd degree cousin vs a 4th degree cousin... Would that make any difference?
I think 1st cousin's ok.  Not sure about 2nd.

SkyMan

Am I supposed to just tell my daughter "Sorry, You can't go to friends house or have friends come over"?
It's up to you but that's what I'd do.

HTM

Just to avoid definitions and discussion about the word pedophile, I refer to what I said in the thread "Dutch man shot"

"In law enforcement circles, the term pedophile is sometimes used informally to refer to any person who commits one or more sexually-based crimes that relate to legally underage victims.
These crimes may include child sexual abuse, statutory rape, offenses involving child p*ornography, child grooming, stalking, and indecent exposure.
So we're not only talking about Pedophilia as defined in ICD-10 F65.4"

Salty Dog

Dunno, I was 22 when I first came here. It would have been quite easy for me to end up with someone under 18. When I first got here, I thought everyone was 14 even the 28 year olds. It took me awhile but my brain finally adapted and can generally determine correct age now.

There is nothing that says a 22 year old can't be with a 16 or 17 year old.

Section 10. Other Acts of Neglect, Abuse, Cruelty or Exploitation and Other Conditions Prejudicial to the Child's Development.

(b) Any person who shall keep or have in his company a minor, twelve (12) years or under or who in ten (10) years or more his junior in any public or private place, hotel, motel, beer joint, discotheque, cabaret, pension house, sauna or massage parlor, beach and/or other tourist resort or similar places shall suffer the penalty of prision mayor in its maximum period and a fine of not less than Fifty thousand pesos (P50,000): Provided, That this provision shall not apply to any person who is related within the fourth degree of consanguinity or affinity or any bond recognized by law, local custom and tradition or acts in the performance of a social, moral or legal duty.

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 1

HTM

If you are unsure and want to know this for sure, please contact Children's Legal Bureau they can help you.
Phone: +63 32 254 5091

• Like 2

SkyMan

There is nothing that says a 22 year old can't be with a 16 or 17 year old.
There is for Americans.  I believe it's a US Code Tim posted a while back that regardless of foreign laws, the age is 18 for American travelers.