Underage/minors

mikewright

Hopefully. So many stories from people who heard a story from someone who heard a story at a bar leads to cynicism.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HTM

• SkyMan

• Cipro

• USMC-Retired

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why all this interest in Underage/Minors ? As I see it, the law may not be well written (very few are) but it is quite clear So it puzzles me why so many mature aged guys are getting all worked up o

I think it's important to keep a sense of perspective here.   Contrary to what a lot of posters seem to believe, the Filipinos are not out to get us.   Perhaps over consumption of cheap alcohol ca

We have three kids of our own, 3.5,8.10..all boys,also raise the wife's two younger siblings girl 13..boy 19.....the house is always full of their friends...almost never a time during the day, especia

Posted Images

Since he was arrested in front of his home, pretty sure he could have availed of the same documents.

Sorry I don't believe your/his story!

If this really happened, I think you / he only tells a small part of what really happened.

If he was arrested in front of his home it already bn a case and a case number or minimum police blather.

This is easy to prove and to confirm, if not, this is just rumors and hearsay

BS can happen anywhere. I was accused once in a western country for having child stuff on my laptop and in fact it was just some pics of a 21 year old in the Philippines I dated. She was rather small with not much boobies, so enough for the Canadian Nazi police to detain me. Of course, I was never charged but I still needed a lawyer and $2,000 to get me out of this shit.

• Like 1
Skywalker

I don't understand, you needed a lawyer, but you were never charged, and it cost you two thousand dollars?

How does that work?

• Like 1
mikewright

I don't understand, you needed a lawyer, but you were never charged, and it cost you two thousand dollars?

How does that work?

Maybe not in that order. Another possible scenario:

1.I need a lawyer.

2. I paid $2,000.

3. I wasn't charged.

• Like 1
Skywalker

1. I'm innocent. She's 21. Small, with no tits.

2. Why would I need a lawyer?

3. See #1 for further clarification.

Edited by Skywalker
  • Like 1

BS can happen anywhere. I was accused once in a western country for having child stuff on my laptop and in fact it was just some pics of a 21 year old in the Philippines I dated. She was rather small with not much boobies, so enough for the Canadian Nazi police to detain me. Of course, I was never charged but I still needed a lawyer and $2,000 to get me out of this shit.

If that happened to you in the USA, you had better actually NEED that lawyer. Otherwise,  someone would be on the verge of losing their cushy gov'ment job.

• Like 2
USMC-Retired

Sorry I don't believe your/his story!

If this really happened, I think you / he only tells a small part of what really happened.

Oh he was arrested and he was detained sorry it does not fit your Rosey view. If he wants to air this he can he is an member otherwise not my place. Of course you do not believe someone could be arrested or detained for no reason.

I guess he did share. Kinda got it mixed up but he had to wait on the wife.

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/89550-ra7610-an-act-providing-for-stronger-deterrence-and-special-protection-against-child-abuse-exploitation-and-discrimination-and-for-other-purposes/page-4#entry1156513

Edited by USMC-Retired
  • Like 2

If your train of thought was correct, then there would be thousands of people getting picked up every year for violating this law. This is getting repetitive, but history proves that this law is not being abused and is working exactly as it was intended. 

If the law said "Anyone who looks a little shady may be summarily executed on the spot.", and no one was executed it wouldn't make it a good law! Arguing that because a law is selectively enforced it is therefore a good law is circular and false logic. If a law cannot be strictly enforced, it's badly written. 

See also the actual incidents listed above of the law being wrongly applied. 

• Like 1

Oh he was arrested and he was detained sorry it does not fit your Rosey view. If he wants to air this he can he is an member otherwise not my place. Of course you do not believe someone could be arrested or detained for no reason.

I guess he did share.

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/89550-ra7610-an-act-providing-for-stronger-deterrence-and-special-protection-against-child-abuse-exploitation-and-discrimination-and-for-other-purposes/page-4#entry1156513

I think my "Rosey view" is based on personal experience and reading of case documents, not Bo's stories or hearsay.

Of course I know that innocent being detained here as in any other country's.

The story that you link to, I'm 98.9% sure on that the police received a complaint / concern from the hotel or other persons.

The police will then investigate, not all investigations are equally good....

But all this has been solved here within "Philippine reasonable time" without trial or imprisonment.

How can you expect that in a country that things were mostly slow and ineffective shall judiciary and police work as you are used to in the home country.

But then of course you don,t have pink glasses, for then you are totally blinded to reality and the system here in the Philippines.

And total unprepared and fit for a life in the Philippines and many other similar countries.

Many people forget that they don,t have the safety net her as they have at home in a western country.

And when they F-upp the life and family's life here it,s of course not him who are guilty of the mess, it is of course the Philippines that is bad and stupid.

Philippines and Asia does not fit all, some are better suited to a western country with social benefits and other government assistance

For me it is better to see a bit pinker than being totally blind.

• Like 3
RogerDuMond

Of course you do not believe someone could be arrested or detained for no reason.

Sure they can anywhere in the world.

Arguing that because a law is selectively enforced it is therefore a good law is circular and false logic.

I don't believe that it was ever said that the law was selectively enforced by proponents of the law.

If a law cannot be strictly enforced, it's badly written.

I rather think that if you read the law in totality instead of cherry picking sentences, you will see that the law can be and is strictly enforced.

• Like 2
SkyMan

If a tourist came to your country and told you how to draft laws to suit how he interacted with minors, guess what the reaction would be.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

You think posting on LinC constitutes an attempt to move the Philippine gov't to act?  This is only an attempt to warn the expat community that is smart enough to join LinC about the dangers of this bullshit law.

Bottom line is, if you are worried about it, stay away from kids that aren't relatives,
That's exactly my point, warning others about how precarious their situation may be in what anywhere else might be considered extremely innocent behavior.

Those of us that know that the law is not unfairly enforced, don't worry about it.
Those of us that know it has been used to extort expats try to warn others and wonder why anyone would advocate reckless behavior where this law is concerned.

if you don,t see that the law takes into account normal contact with children you should read the law a little more closely.(For it is clearly written there in the law)
We wouldn't have this argument at all if this law was clearly written.  Please point out this clear writing that doesn't exist.
  • Like 2