Underage/minors

USMC-Retired

If a tourist came to your country and told you how to draft laws to suit how he interacted with minors, guess what the reaction would be.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Many are not tourists that are commenting here. They are family men that have a risk taking their young family members out for a day of fun. There is a serious crab mentality and using the laws against foreigners is common place. This one would be no exception.

• Like 1
  • Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HTM

• SkyMan

• Cipro

• USMC-Retired

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why all this interest in Underage/Minors ? As I see it, the law may not be well written (very few are) but it is quite clear So it puzzles me why so many mature aged guys are getting all worked up o

I think it's important to keep a sense of perspective here.   Contrary to what a lot of posters seem to believe, the Filipinos are not out to get us.   Perhaps over consumption of cheap alcohol ca

We have three kids of our own, 3.5,8.10..all boys,also raise the wife's two younger siblings girl 13..boy 19.....the house is always full of their friends...almost never a time during the day, especia

Posted Images

Many are not tourists that are commenting here. They are family men that have a risk taking their young family members out for a day of fun. There is a serious crab mentality and using the laws against foreigners is common place. This one would be no exception.

Most visitors are single male. I just arrived yesterday at Mactan and after me a plane full of East Indian and Koreans arrived, full of mostly single men.

I am just waiting now for the Chinese invasion.

If a tourist came to your country and told you how to draft laws to suit how he interacted with minors, guess what the reaction would be.

Whos telling them how to draft laws ? Now talking about how how dumb and dangerous the laws they have drafted is another story . 

USMC-Retired

Most visitors are single male. I just arrived yesterday at Mactan and after me a plane full of East Indian and Koreans arrived, full of mostly single men.

I am just waiting now for the Chinese invasion.

Reread my post. I said commenting here.

The law poorly written was an effort to cut down on human trafficing that the world brought to the attention of the Philippine Government. Lack of funding, resources to include personel put in place a law that was so broad in nature it will assist in catching the human trafficking. Yet that net catches many innocent fish also. Then you are lumped into the category as others as you await your turn see a judge. Even by those that support it say 16 days in jail is a short time and police do not investigate.

You are guilty until proven innocent and paraded in the paper as such.

RogerDuMond

Bottom line is, if you are worried about it, stay away from kids that aren't relatives, or stay away from the country. Those of us that know that the law is not unfairly enforced, don't worry about it.

Edited by RogerDuMond
  • Like 6
mikewright

OK, I'll bite. I've been coming here 20-odd years, with family. Have met a lot of people here with family. None seem to be worried about the law. Have met a few dodgy characters, who were very worried about the law.

I admit, I'm biased.

• Like 4

It's no problem for normal contact with children and if you don,t see that the law takes into account normal contact with children you should read the law a little more closely.(For it is clearly written there in the law)
It is quite clear that your wife can not be arrested only for your daughter bring some classmates home to do a school project for example.

Or do you really think that my neighbor can be arrested for giving my daughter school transport when they bring their children to school?
Or that you can be arrested if you are out with a group of friends who have children and you're all together?
All this and more is covered in the law, but of course the law don't contains 1,478,945 pages of possible scenarios and detailed exceptions.

• Like 1

I had several cases where I needed assistance from PNP in the provinces, both north and south - they always get the job done and investigate, follow up - IF YOU PAY THEM (read: not bribe).

Actually, I like it much better than in Canada where the police really does nothing to protect you. In Canada, they are only here for the rich.

I had several cases where I needed assistance from PNP in the provinces, both north and south - they always get the job done and investigate, follow up - IF YOU PAY THEM (read: not bribe).

Actually, I like it much better than in Canada where the police really does nothing to protect you. In Canada, they are only here for the rich.

If you pay them ??    so only for the rich that can afford to pay, I guess

• Like 1
USMC-Retired

OK, I'll bite. I've been coming here 20-odd years, with family. Have met a lot of people here with family. None seem to be worried about the law. Have met a few dodgy characters, who were very worried about the law.

I admit, I'm biased.

I was never worried either till a friend was detained for hours waiting on his wife to return because he had several young neighborhood children in his company with his own. I was never worried about going through the airport having them finding a bullet until a friend was detained several hours. These were all innocent actions. All it takes us one jealous neighbor or one worker looking for a bribe. The majority come go about their life in peace and harmony. I did for 6 years that does not make it safer nor does it change the fact the law can work against you. The consiquences in the Philippines are more severe then western countries.

• Like 1

If you pay them ??    so only for the rich that can afford to pay, I guess

Haha, here I am rich too.

• Like 1
mikewright

I was never worried either till a friend was detained for hours waiting on his wife to return because he had several young neighborhood children in his company with his own. I was never worried about going through the airport having them finding a bullet until a friend was detained several hours. These were all innocent actions. All it takes us one jealous neighbor or one worker looking for a bribe. The majority come go about their life in peace and harmony. I did for 6 years that does not make it safer nor does it change the fact the law can work against you. The consiquences in the Philippines are more severe then western countries.

Fair enough. We tend to base our options on personal experience.

I'd be interested to hear if other LinC members here have personally had the same bad experiences.

Edited by mikewright

I live in the Philippines, therefore I bring some additional documents that can prove who I am and who my daughter is. As well as some phone numbers that can confirm this if necessary. I don't need to wait for a wife or anyone else, because I'm a grown man who can do things myself.

In Norway I did not have to worry about this, but I don't live in Norway na ......

• Like 2
USMC-Retired

Fair enough. We tend to base our options on personal experience.

I'd be interested to hear if other LinC members here have personally had the same bad experiences.

These are members. So maybe they will post all the details.
  • Like 1
USMC-Retired

As well as some phone numbers that can confirm this if necessary. I don't need to wait for a wife or anyone else, because I'm a grown man who can do things myself.

Since he was arrested in front of his home, pretty sure he could have availed of the same documents. So it did not help. His child was also detained awaiting the mother. Others were returned to parents. He has since left the country after this crab mentality invaded his life.