Contractor in Ormoc area that can install quality roofing (metal frame)

Jawny

I'd like to find a contractor in the Ormoc area who can install roofing. I'm not referring to the simple galvanized roofing on wooden frame. I have an older roof that will need replacement (soon if the storms continue). I know there are some contractors in Cebu that will send a crew to Leyte. At least that is what happened when my house was built. However, I was hoping to find a contractor locally so I don't have issues with work crews commuting between Cebu and Leyte.

The type of roofing is the higher quality prepainted variety.

to_dave007

Will you be using Union Galvesteel?  or a different steel vendor.

I THINK that Union Galvesteel (Consolacion or Liloan) has a list of contractors they've dealt with, and I should think that includes your area.  I've been in this location.  If you call them ask to speak to the engineer at the front desk (the one that deals with contractors and customers who come in) and ask that person if they can recommend anyone in your location.

The cost of the steel is likely to be higher than the installation.  I advanced money to a contractor to buy the steel, and regretted doing it (they skipped before completion and it cost me an extra 20,000 peso to pick up the pieces).  If I was to do it again I'd work with the contractor and Union Galvesteel to generate the right parts list, then I'd order it and pay it myself, and have contractor do the install.

• Like 2

ive used Union Galvasteel  in Liloan i purchased the materials and install from them. if i could say one thing pay with your credit card. thank god i did there was a large gap in roofing on one side you could see in the gap to the steel framing. they wanted to charge me extra to finish properly i said no it was your design. i had to threaten to cancel charge on my credit card so they finally fixed it properly otherwise it came out very good and we used the thicker material which i would highly suggest.

• Like 3

I checked the Galvasteel website and they have a Tacloban branch. I'll see if they can recommend contractors nearby.

• Like 1
JohnSurrey

Our house has a decent steel roof and frame - the guy(s) who did it was from Cebu and installing the College school roofs about 500 yards away...

So you could drive around and get lucky - if that's an option.

Our house has a decent steel roof and frame - the guy(s) who did it was from Cebu and installing the College school roofs about 500 yards away...So you could drive around and get lucky - if that's an option.

Not sure I follow. Drive around Leyte looking for a crew installing a roof? Several colleges here. Any one in particular that has a crew installing a roof?

Do you have a contact for the guy who installed your roof?

There are loads of places that have displays of roofing materials for sale. In reality, they are simply a store front with sample roof materials and will give an estimate of the materials required. They suggest some contractor which turns out to be a relative who owns a ladder and a few hammers.

who owns a ladder and a few hammers.

Hahaha,,,,,that's the company boss, his workers will have the bit of plastic pipe with the concrete nail through it!!!