Sign in to follow this  
b7335920

Do you regret moving to the philippines and why?

ckfm

Sometimes boring is good. Every day in the Philippines I'd think "Nothing is easy and everyday is like camping".

Like driving a new car or a fixer upper, sometimes you get tired of either.

For the lovers, the Phil's is like a vintage roadster.

• Like 1

ex231

For the lovers, the Phil's is like a vintage roadster.

Yes it is and funny you should say that - Years ago I had an MGB roadster and it broke down all the time lol

cebubird

Sometimes boring is good. Every day in the Philippines I'd think "Nothing is easy and everyday is like camping".

I remember you did you tend to say that a lot.

• Like 1

Monsoon

It's all true but what a boring life.

People say that but I don't agree at all. I find myself bored more often in the PH than I do here. I find myself looking forward to my next trip to anywhere else in SEA besides the PH. I have far more diverse choice of activities here. I have a lot more toys to play with that were prohibitive to own and/or enjoy in the PH. A lot of hobbies I enjoy were also very challenging or nearly impossible to enjoy in the PH.

I am anything but bored here. 

• Like 3

smokey

come on who dont experience the faster heart beat the sheer excitment of driving to the mall in the middle of the day... the jaywalkers.. peddle trikes counter flowing jeeps stoping fast without brake lights , millions of bikes almost all with NO plate some with one racing and driving like a snake , others so overloded they can barley move and lets not forget vendors and parked cars  yes and all this while driving with the windows closed and dark tinted windows... for even more excitment take the same drive at 7 pm to experience the glaring headlights from the oncoming counterflowing trucks ... ohhh what ever dont kill you will make you younger

• Like 2

contraman

People say that but I don't agree at all. I find myself bored more often in the PH than I do here

Confusing

Your profile says you are a Philippines: "Current Resident" so "here" in your post would refer to the Philippines.

:idontknow:

• Like 2

Monsoon

Your profile says you are a Philippines: "Current Resident" so "here" in your post would refer to the Philippines.

I'm a permanent resident of the Philippines and have homes in three countries. 

TheWhiteKnight

People say that but I don't agree at all. I find myself bored more often in the PH than I do here. I find myself looking forward to my next trip to anywhere else in SEA besides the PH. I have far more diverse choice of activities here. I have a lot more toys to play with that were prohibitive to own and/or enjoy in the PH. A lot of hobbies I enjoy were also very challenging or nearly impossible to enjoy in the PH.

I am anything but bored here. 

Unless your hobbies are chasing women, any country in the world has more to do than PH. And if you are a "foody" you will just want to kill yourself.

• Like 2

SkyMan

if only I could find a good corvette mech. oh and more valet parking I could be very happy but alas often we must suffer
I don't know about the mechanic but I can't imagine you have difficulty finding someone that will drive off with your car.

TheWhiteKnight

How long does your permanent residency last if you remain out of the country?

Davaoeno

How long does your permanent residency last if you remain out of the country?

That can often be a very complicated question.  While you think that you have severed most ties with a country and are no longer a permanent resident  their income tax department might think otherwise.

contraman

Ooh okay, so when you use the term "here" it means you are referring to the Philippines :idontknow:

smokey

I don't know about the mechanic but I can't imagine you have difficulty finding someone that will drive off with your car.

well seems stealing a car while is profitable stealing a one of a kind car on an island makes selling it a little difficult

TheWhiteKnight

That can often be a very complicated question.  While you think that you have severed most ties with a country and are no longer a permanent resident  their income tax department might think otherwise.

Yeah but I thought it's pretty specific your return permit is only good for 1 year, or something like that.

SkyMan

well seems stealing a car while is profitable stealing a one of a kind car on an island makes selling it a little difficult

The value of the parts is quite high, even those specific to the model.