Sign in to follow this  
b7335920

Do you regret moving to the philippines and why?

smokey

Many?  Or maybe just one?

cant be me homie i have a house here but its not the reason i stay maybe you forgot i left for 3 year and now i have been back 2 1/2 years and am using shadow services for something ... Smokey is never tied down because my mamma taught me to be a good saver 

Only thing I regret is listening to all the people bitching and moaning about living here.

that can be fixed easy buy one of them huge bubbles and live inside of it 

• Like 1

smokey

People picked the wrong locations and wrong neighbors and spent the rest of life complaining.

I'll wait until I hear complaints from those living in normal places like this:

640px-Bonifacio_Global_City_and_Manila_G

640px-%22The_Trees%22.jpg

weren't you the one complaining about wanting to change his lock but the condo rules said no.... and the one complaining on how  hard it is to get decent kitchen ware ? 

Skywalker

post-12091-0-03604600-1476253012.jpg

• Like 4

SkyMan

cant be me homie i have a house here but its not the reason i stay maybe you forgot i left for 3 year and now i have been back 2 1/2 years
Well, then I'm not sure who you'd be referring to.  There have been some who've had difficulty selling but they eventually left anyway.  

As for the OP, I regret not moving here sooner.

• Like 1

RogerDuMond

Do you regret your decision to move here and why?

No, but if I had married a city girl rather than an educated provincial girl, my feelings would probably be different. I am pretty sure that I couldn't put up with the air pollution, the crowding, and the noise of city living. Just the luck of the draw I guess.

• Like 2

billy

No, but if I had married a city girl rather than an educated provincial girl, my feelings would probably be different. I am pretty sure that I couldn't put up with the air pollution, the crowding, and the noise of city living. Just the luck of the draw I guess.

Who's talking the goat or the goat behind the goat?

delancey

No regrets, so far.

2010 I read everything on the forums.

If I could only read one subject it would be the ones about never going in so deep you can't just walk away. Financially and Interpersonally. Posts of the decade!

I have no advice to give. For me:

1) Inexpensive house, no rent, few possessions, I could walk away for less then the cost of a kitchen renovation in the U.S. I would not want to walk away obviously, just saying...

2) Don't make it too personal during a dispute with the natives.

Everything else is on the usual continuum between unhappy/happy.

RogerDuMond

well as your wife still lives in the usa she must like it as much as you like not living there .... we all have our reasons one size sure don't fit all

She works in the US nine months of the year building up her 401k and retirement plan, but she would prefer to live here and will in a couple of years. Yes we all have our reasons and I was stating mine, not saying anything about yours.

NOSOCALPINOY

No regrets, because after living in the U.S. for 43 yrs I'm finally back home, my roots. 

Dafey

I, like most sensible people who are happy living in the Philippines, realise that living in Asia means living with Asian and NOT western culture, traditions and lifestyles. I don't have western expectations and so enjoy every moment of every day.

Well said !!!

• Like 1

miles-high

640px-Bonifacio_Global_City_and_Manila_G

Wow how did you come up with this particular pic... You might see us in one of those units from time to time... Were you spying on us? haha :D

tonny

Well can i live in the USA on two thousand a month, maybe can i have a new car, a nice place to live a young girlfriend, a young wife who lets me have a GF and only see her on the weekends when she not in school along with the daughter . Eat good each day at the different places in the mall, smile at the pretty girls some even smile back.Tell the working girls no thank you!!! you  to old for me. Then head to Carcar each weekend to  eat at sugars. Wow what a life, just wish i was young again so i could really get into it like young young studs !!!!

smokey

She works in the US nine months of the year building up her 401k and retirement plan, but she would prefer to live here and will in a couple of years. Yes we all have our reasons and I was stating mine, not saying anything about yours.

I go to the usa to unwind and to roam around and see places I never saw as a kid... to compare the Philippines to the usa is impossible as they are both on different planets

• Like 3