Sign in to follow this  
b7335920

Do you regret moving to the philippines and why?

b7335920

You hear lots of complaining from expats about living in the philippines. Do you regret your decision to move here and why? And if you already left the philippines why did you go ?

• Like 1

smokey

on the bad side its bad air... traffic ... slow government services ... hard to find police protection... to hot ,, to humid... etc etc etc.. on the plus side the women lots of eye candy

• Like 4

toshi

the people whom left or thinking about leaving are usually (mostly, not all)  all complaining about the same points..

the people who stay, have the same problems they however for what reason know how to deal /manage this a bit better

• Like 1

smokey

the people whom left or thinking about leaving are usually (mostly, not all)  all complaining about the same points..

the people who stay, have the same problems they however for what reason know how to deal /manage this a bit better

I thought for most staying and leaving was a matter of money ... many stay because they have houses here and that is the main reason but they try to make leamonaid with their lemons..

• Like 2

SkyMan

I thought for most staying and leaving was a matter of money ... many stay because they have houses here and that is the main reason but they try to make leamonaid with their lemons..

Many?  Or maybe just one?

• Like 2

Rebuilder86

No, because my girlfriend is the most caring friendly person I've ever met. Sure she's a little crazy, but a wise friend once taught me that ppl have 3 different attributes:

1. Looks

2.Intelligence

3.Sanity

You can pick a girl with any 2but not all 3.

• Like 3

Rebuilder86

I can say my father is planning on leaving soon. The main complaints I here from him are:

Roads being left to decay for truck use and no rebar, causing huge widespread traffic chaos leading out to the main roads

New roads being built with rebar, but then being cut up by plumbers installing water pipes across the road

Policemen turning off traffic lights so they can throw their hands around in the air to justify their jobs, fecking up the traffic even more than if u simply let everyone work it out themselves

Funerals walking down main roads causing unacceptable congestion

Workers setting up fecking tents in the middle of main Roads for their lunchtime PARTIES where they stuff their faces and sing karAoke leaving traffic to just merge around the tent and cause massive chaos. I shit u not, this fair dinkum happened in Tayud consolation

the fact that every president ever elected has been killed, or put behind bars or at least stand accused of fraud.

The blatant racism against the color of his skin every day, with tradesman quoting sometimes 20 times more than another tradesmans quote.

The phone calls to signal where the service person cannot speak English, and when asked to "repeat that please" they start the entire 10 minute phone call from the beginning

That's just a few of the things that I see having be the reasons for his Newley bald head.

Edited by Rebuilder86

toshi

i Agree with you Smokey, 

Also one main reasons people whom can handle it, is if they have enough money to live the life style they want to have.

Dafey

I think for those that did their homework, (properly), they are very happy. I know I am. There are downsides to this country and the expat lifestyle but life is largely what you make of it. If you came here with unrealistic expectations, it would be very disheartening.

The complainers that you see on the forum complain about everything...they will not be happy anywhere and will tell you exactly what the problems are with your area.

Knowing the trip hazards is important so you can avoid these. However, one of the secrets to life is to focus on the positive things. What you dwell on grows in your life. I was in my 40s before I really grasped that concept and turned my life around. Now I am only mildly negative...unless I'm driving then I'm full blown road rage!

• Like 8

rep1

People picked the wrong locations and wrong neighbors and spent the rest of life complaining.

I'll wait until I hear complaints from those living in normal places like this:

640px-Bonifacio_Global_City_and_Manila_G

640px-%22The_Trees%22.jpg

cogon88

I moved here at age 45 I'm from USA I started a business with my here wife fifteen years ago 

We have 2 children togeather and our business provides us a good living and it has grown over the years  

During my time here I have seen many expats come and go.

Most leave within 5 years only 4 of us in my area have been here over 10 years    

Most of the expats are found in the coffee shop or bars complaining about the locals or fighting among themselves I wonder why they live here but most of them can not afford to live back home on there retirement income so they thought they could live the good life on $1000 a month here in the Philippines with a young wife half there age 

The Philippines is not for everyone and takes some adjustment to deal with the problems but I do not plan on going bach to the USA but I do wish most of the expats living here would 

• Like 9

Jawny

People picked the wrong locations and wrong neighbors and spent the rest of life complaining.I'll wait until I hear complaints from those living in normal places like this:640px-Bonifacio_Global_City_and_Manila_Ghttps://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/78/

Who would want to live where there is a giant turd on display?

• Like 3