Sign in to follow this  
Semper paratus

J Center Mall - Immigration- Close hotel

Kabisay-an gid

Thanks but it won't work for this trip. Hopefully it will still be there in 5 years when I go back for another 13A ACR-I card renewal.

I still get a kick out of the fact that my card says "Permanent" resident, but I have to do the annual report, and this renewal every 5 years. I wonder if anyone in Immigration has ever looked up the meaning of the word "permanent" ?

Yes, I understand it won't work because of the opening date. One member was thinking it was already open and another was thinking it opened in February 2017. I merely posted the photo to show that the latter was correct, and that you the OP would definitely have to make a different choice.

It's the same way in the U.S. regarding the "permanent resident" status. My wife's green card states that she's a permanent resident, but the green card still has to be renewed every 10 years. Of course if she wishes to dispense with renewing green cards, she can always become a full-fledged U.S. "citizen."

Edited by Kabisay-an gid

battleborn

Was at Jcentre on 10/4.  Got there at 10 was out at 10:40.  Got my 2 month extension and paid for my ARC card.