Sign in to follow this  
Semper paratus

J Center Mall - Immigration- Close hotel

Semper paratus

Can you please advise what is a good hotel near the J Center Mall and Immigration?

Thank you,

Woolf

Enuff

4 hotels within a kilometer

The Orchard Cebu Hotel & Suites

Allure Hotel & Suites (have stayed before, not bad)

Andy Hotel

Metro Park Hotel

There is a new hotel at J Center Mall

Cant get any closer to Immigration

Google street view

https://www.google.com.ph/maps/@10.3346519,123.9338041,3a,15.1y,68.6h,95.44t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1szA2UkR_HHG_hhMj_Uux_XA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Toyoko Inn Cebu(Provisional name) Scheduled to be open in Feb, 2017[Philippines]

http://www.toyoko-inn.com/eng/hlist_with_address.html#overseas

• Like 1

Woolf

Toyoko Inn Cebu(Provisional name) Scheduled to be open in Feb, 2017[Philippines] http://www.toyoko-in...s.html#overseas

the image is captured oct 2015

When I was at immigration in late mar it looked like was open

Well well well it may not be open yet

to_dave007

Tokyo Inn  LOOKS like it should be open already, but still not open.  Checked couple weeks ago.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 2

Rebuilder86

My opinion is that J centre immigration should be avoided at if all possible. Go to gaisano grand mactan (over new bridge turn right , then on left hand side ~1.5 km down)

I will put a monetary garuantee on the fact that it would take less than 15 minutes to get anything done there, and over 2 hrs to get anything done at j centre.

to_dave007

My opinion is that J centre immigration should be avoided at if all possible. Go to gaisano grand mactan (over new bridge turn right , then on left hand side ~1.5 km down)

I will put a monetary garuantee on the fact that it would take less than 15 minutes to get anything done there, and over 2 hrs to get anything done at j centre.

My opinion is exact opposite. I only go to Mactan for flights.

Gus

I wouldn't put your monetary guarantee on getting an EEC ( exit clearance ,) from Mactan cos they can't do them ..

I've been using Mactan for 3 years , but still had to go to J Center for an EEC last month .

My opinion is exact opposite. I only go to Mactan for flights.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Woolf

The last few times I been to immigration at J Center mall

always taken less than 1 hour, most the times about 40 minutes

Why go over one the bridges with all the traffic

Ok if you are living on Mactan I guess it is easier

miles-high

Allure... I stayed there once… There was a karaoke place next door and they were blaring the music till 2 or 3 am… But that was 3 or 4 years ago…

Went to the immigration once at Gaisano when they opened the office there… The office manager (or whatever her title was) greeted us in person, the clerk served us a cup of coffee while waiting but things were done before we even finished our coffee… Again, that was a few years ago…

Only fond memories of Cebu hehe ;)

• Like 2

Gus

No more free coffee at Mactan ..that didn't last long :)

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

Rebuilder86

Sorry I should say guarantee for anything they actually do, they will do it ten times faster than j centre. It really is faster. I've done over 20 extensions now and I've never gone back to j centre after I started using Mactan last year.

Traffics not that bad, but sure if u are near j centre to begin with go there, but if u are more then an hours traffic away from it, go Mactan.

If coming from the south, go Oano ave to parkmall turn left at jolibee, the at the end turn right all the way to Asia home turn left and follow that all the way to the very end and I'll be on UN ave. total time from parkmall, 40 mins on a weekday lunchtime.

If coming from north of consolation or anywhere else for that matter, give up and go home I guess haha.

Allure... I stayed there once… There was a karaoke place next door and they were blaring the music till 2 or 3 am… But that was 3 or 4 years ago…[/size]

[/size]

Went to the immigration once at Gaisano when they opened the office there… The office manager (or whatever her title was) greeted us in person, the clerk served us a cup of coffee while waiting but things were done before we even finished our coffee… Again, that was a few years ago…[/size]

[/size]

Only fond memories of Cebu hehe ;)[/size]

Lol. I've learned to just giv in to it and just go join in!!

Kabisay-an gid

13606754_1577809505853027_40308126050959

• Like 1

Semper paratus

13606754_1577809505853027_40308126050959

Thanks but it won't work for this trip. Hopefully it will still be there in 5 years when I go back for another 13A ACR-I card renewal.

I still get a kick out of the fact that my card says "Permanent" resident, but I have to do the annual report, and this renewal every 5 years. I wonder if anyone in Immigration has ever looked up the meaning of the word "permanent" ?

Jawny

Thanks but it won't work for this trip. Hopefully it will still be there in 5 years when I go back for another 13A ACR-I card renewal.

I still get a kick out of the fact that my card says "Permanent" resident, but I have to do the annual report, and this renewal every 5 years. I wonder if anyone in Immigration has ever looked up the meaning of the word "permanent" ?

Be advised.....after ten years the card is renewed AND replaced. If this is the first renewal, after five years, no replacement. On the second renewal, the card gets replaced. Two fees.