National Smoking Ban

Not in Pattaya, did not find a place I could not smoke.....it might go in Manila....doubt it makes much difference here....

On the Pattaya forums there is regular discussion about smoking / non smoking, and there definitely are non smoking laws in place in the country ..my local when I'm in Jomtien is Fraser's, a big sports bar , they have designated smoking areas ( enclosed verandah) still a.c. and tv's ..

Since the army came in they also banned Shisha in Pattaya, though it's available in the Arab quarter but not so out the front as it used to be .

Vaping / e cigs are also illegal in Thailand ..

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Oz Jon

• Enuff

• fred42

• HTM

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Add another set of dangerous drug users to the kill list, glad to see this one. Nothing worse than sitting down in a resto to eat a meal and have someone sit down next you and light up.

Presumably there is/will be a death penalty for smoking.   Shooting by 2 cops on a motorbike?  or hanging, drawing and quartering?   What is the bounty worth?   The Philippines is becoming an ex

Posted Images

colemanlee

On the Pattaya forums there is regular discussion about smoking / non smoking, and there definitely are non smoking laws in place in the country ..my local when I'm in Jomtien is Fraser's, a big sports bar , they have designated smoking areas ( enclosed verandah) still a.c. and tv's ..

Since the army came in they also banned Shisha in Pattaya, though it's available in the Arab quarter but not so out the front as it used to be .

Vaping / e cigs are also illegal in Thailand ..

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

Guess the four days I was there last week I ran into only smoking bars?....The only place I saw a no smoking enforced was the Tequila Reef but you could smoke at the outside tables...Just guessing over the four days we checked out into something like twenty or thirty bars....from Disco to Rock....I smoked at all of them...Not trying to disagree with you just saying what I ran into....

I've also never been to Davao where I understand the smoking laws are pretty strict...Im sure there are some places the laws are enforced but like most things in the Philippines its helter skelter on enforcement.....

We have a store here, Tacloban, and have a few tables set up for the locals that like to sit and drink cold beer....I do not expect anything to change at all....as most of the Barangay officials stop from time to time to have a beer..