House Bill 5098/Senate Bill 1165 'no garage, no car' policy

Rocketman

Add this to the loooooooong list of laws enacted but never enforced.  Did you know it's a P2,000 fine if you drive on the wrong side of the road?

• Like 3
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HTM

• SkyMan

• rep1

• bonalaw

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do not agree.

A very good idea... also, it should include the provisions to confiscate and destroy any cars whose owners do not submit the proof of parking space within 3 months, any cars older than 10 years and th

Add this to the loooooooong list of laws enacted but never enforced.  Did you know it's a P2,000 fine if you drive on the wrong side of the road?

Posted Images

liquido

I think its Singapore that has a better plan..You must purchase a permit to purchase a car which i think almost costs more than the car.. 

Goetz1965

Will be fun if you then buy a condo like One Oasis Mabolo - where they accidentally didnt plan for building enough parking space - hahahahahaha

USMC-Retired

A very good idea... also, it should include the provisions to confiscate and destroy any cars whose owners do not submit the proof of parking space within 3 months, any cars older than 10 years and those smoke belching cars of any age... :D

I do not agree.

Being a person who has spent time in Manila and other densely populated areas I would like to know why?

RogerDat

I also do not agree. That is my opinion because it will never be enforced, and is more national goverment interference in

matters that are in the city's jurisdiction.

JamesMusslewhite

A little 'Redneck Engineering' and Waalaaa.......... problem solved... :biggrin_01:

House_Car.jpg

• Like 2
to_dave007

I would like to know why?

If you would like me to answer a question, I'd be happy to, if you ask a clear question first.

I also do not agree. That is my opinion because it will never be enforced, and is more national goverment interference in

fine P20000 for breaking rule, P5000 to reporter, P5000 to police, P5000 to his chef and P5000 to city treasury.

Easier than lotto. I bet they'd work overtime willingly for that.

Edited by aqd

Just because there's lack of law enforcement does not justify that a law should not be passed. There's a growing need for this law since more and more people are irresponsible to buy bars without any parking space and would park instead on the streets. Those who oppose this law are obviously whose who are likely to violate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyMan

fine P20000 for breaking rule, P5000 to reporter, P5000 to police, P5000 to his chef and P5000 to city treasury.

What's some cook got to do with it?  

Just because there's lack of law enforcement does not justify that a law should not be passed.

Kind of pointless really.

There's a growing need for this law since more and more people are irresponsible to buy bars without any parking space and would park instead on the streets.

Since the problem seems to be cars parked on the streets, why not just have the law say "No parking on the street and if your vehicle is there longer than X hours, it gets towed and auctioned off and you get a hefty fine."  Towing companies would do the policing for you.  

Those who oppose this law are obviously whose who are likely to violate it.

I think the law as written is stupid and I own over an acre of parking.

And yes, bars should have parking but that applies to pretty much any business.

Edited by SkyMan

Or P30000 to the police chief for the "no-hassle" prepayment plan that ensures that any reports are "overlooked".

• Like 1

Or P30000 to the police chief for the "no-hassle" prepayment plan that ensures that any reports are "overlooked".

P300,000 for any police reporting his chief for abuse.

Do they have any organization like HK's ICAC? entire group of people climbing the ladder by seeking the tiniest wrongdoings by any official?

Since the problem seems to be cars parked on the streets, why not just have the law say "No parking on the street and if your vehicle is there longer than X hours, it gets towed and auctioned off and you get a hefty fine." Towing companies would do the policing for you.

I think the law as written is stupid and I own over an acre of parking.

And yes, bars should have parking but that applies to pretty much any business.

There's already a local ordinance that limits or prohibits overnight street parking. This national law actually goes to root of the problem which is lack of parking space as many car owners do not have parking spaces in their homes. With the limit of car ownership to those who have parking spaces, there is also limitation of street parking, hence, less congestion of our streets. There's somehow brilliance in this law as it goes beyond the myopic view of those who could not see the root cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So those who are rich enough to have a garage get to keep thier cars but the average Bong now gets to walk to work

Scotsbloke

Just because there's lack of law enforcement does not justify that a law should not be passed. 

Unenforceable laws are a blight and are empty gestures made by politicians who have to justify their existence.

Edited by Scotsbloke
  • Like 1