Raven

The hidden Gems of PH

Raven
9 minutes ago, Dafey said:

Oslob and the Gentle Giants

Great post about Oslob...a lot of info for future visitors :thumbs_up:

• Like 1

b7335920

Ya good post and lots of info ! . Looks like its worth checking out for any first timers

Dafey

I'd say a must for first timers, yes. I'm sorry I waited so long. Met a guy from Hawaii who was staying at the same resort in a single room, 800 pesos. He was swimming with the whales for the second day in a row. We had breakfast together at the lodge and he said he may do it again the next day.

For those that want more creature comforts, there are a ton of resorts near Oslob that can accommodate and most are about the same price. The beauty of our lodge was...it's right there. The resorts near Oslob are about a 15-20 minute tryke ride.

Some groups will hire a van and driver and leave at 6AM...swim with the sharks...have breakfast in the lodge then turn around and head back.

Ikaw Bahla

• Like 2

TequilaSunset

Good info... thanks much!

Dafey

PM me before you go...there is more detail on the little things that may help

• Like 1

Raven

This place looked unfinished or abandoned, when I visited the area in 2014. And suddenly at the end of 2015 it was ready for opening and what a change...

A video from the newest of the Beach Resorts in Initao, Blu Sands Resort

and a video from the neighboring resorts, Midway White Beach and Don Arc Beach

Initao is about 20 km south of Laguindingan Airport and 40 km from Cagayan de Oro City.

Initao.10.gif

• Like 3

Dafey

1st time I've ever seen a Pinay sunbathing!!! 

• Like 1

SomeRandomGuy
32 minutes ago, Dafey said:

1st time I've ever seen a Pinay sunbathing!!! 

ha u need to get out more lol

Raven

If you are fond of water, then maybe Seven Seas Water Park is something for you

Seven Seas Water Park & Resort located in Barra, Opol, Misamis Oriental.

sev.jpg?resize=768,768

Shown above is the actual photo of the Water Slide Tower, one of its main attractions as a sample sneak peek. One of much anticipated amenity is the 2,500-sqm Wave Pool. The 5-hectare development is strategically located along the new Coastal Road away from traffic.

17022147_224852094654833_737340837820310

Seven Seas Waterpark and Resort has just released another teaser photo of its soon-to-open water-themed park

16195659_200838337056209_785326023927061

• 2,500 square meter Water Combo Wave Pool;
  • 1,000 sq.m. Aqua Playhouse Pool;
  • 1,100 sq.m. “Slow River Ride”;
  • 12 meter high Water Slide Towers and Splash Pools;
  • 1,200 sq.m. Events Tent;
  • 300 sq.m. Children’s Pool.

sevenseaspark.jpg

No opening date yet

• Like 2

Raven

A couple of years ago, we visited Cebu City and had a Tour

tour1.png
at ProFoods Mango Factory in Mandaue City.

Its a nice and recommendable Tour, about Dried Mango production...

51.jpg

Here is some inspiration from their website  ProFood Gallery

Enjoy the Philippines’ first mango museum & factory tour!

contact.jpg

7-bus.jpg

UpindeProfood+3.jpg

explore-1.jpg

Gallery - 9 AM - 5 PM (Monday-Saturday) Gift Shoppe - 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM (Monday-Saturday)

DSCF4374.jpg

giftshoppe-1.jpg

Where to find ProFood Gallery

Map-for-Gallery-Web.jpg

Admission fee : P 200 per pax.

Students (show valid school I.D.) & children (12 years old & below) = P 100 per pax.

Minimum # pax per tour : 10 pax. Less than 10 pax, tourist can be accommodated but tourist has to pay the minimum 10 pax tour fee.

• Like 6

Raven

A lot of nice Pasalubong stuff in ProFood Giftshoppe

Ozbrum
On 14/10/2016 at 0:41 PM, Raven said:

To me, it was natural to start "The Golden Route" in Cebu 'cos of the Int. Airport and Cebu's central location in Visayas and then ending in my place, Cagayan de Oro.

And involving 7000 islands will make it a quite big project.

But going North to Ormoc (Leyte) or South to Dumaguete (Negros) and including the "Golden Spots" on the way would be great. After all, the plan is that, the one following the route, can adjust it in direction and length and don't have to go back the same road.

I'm not familiar with Leyte and what to see there, so where would be a natural connection to Cebu? In Cebu City or up North, Bogo maybe?

And what see if it follows the road South, to the Surigao ferry? And is this ferry from Liloan or in the Southern tip of Leyte. It's not much use if the ferry is only once a week...there should be some alternatives.

I guess there are several members here from Leyte... any suggestions?

Perhaps you ought start a group of like minded people.... plan a week or so travelling some of these sites..... several cars in convoy could be good, perhaps those with spare room could carry a couple of passengers ? ...just an idea ..

• Like 1

Kabisay-an gid
14 hours ago, Raven said:

A couple of years ago, we visited Cebu City and had a Tour at ProFoods Mango Factory in Mandaue City. Its a nice and recommendable Tour, about Dried Mango production...

In addition to dried mango products, they also make mango juice, which can be bought at some Asian and International supermarkets in the USA and other countries. My Filipino wife and I buy this by the six pack at an International supermarket here on the east coast USA:

110.jpg

Raven

While visiting ProFood Factory in 2014, we also made a stop by...

jumalobutterflysanctuary_banner.jpg

Pictures from Website: Jumalon Butterfly Sanctuary  (Basak Pardo, Cebu City.)

DSCN5268.jpg

DSCN4992.jpg

Julian Navarro Jumalon and People Behind the Julian N. Jumalon Foundation  (a short video of Julian Jumalon)

When we were there, one of the sons, Osman Jumalon and a School Teacher (don't recall his name right now!) showed us around and explained the various stages of Butterflies. Quite inspiring and it made us decide, to try to make our own small Open Butterfly Garden. Open, not meaning open to public, but garden without net or cages, so the Butterflies are free to come and go as they please.

They gave us a lot of hints to choose the right host plants for the caterpillar and food plants for the Butterflies.

And in connection with our Butterfly Garden plan, I had the Butterfly Gate made.

Now we have many Butterflies, specially from June to August, but also year round, as long as the sun is out and they really bring peace to a garden, specially when it's located in the center of a city. And hungry birds are coming too.

It's not even close to Jumalon's Sanctuary, but it was never the intention...only intended for our Guests and us, to enjoy.

The Jumalon Butterfly Sanctuary, Mini-museum and Art Gallery is the brainchild of Prof. Julian N. Jumalon, a Cebuano Fine Arts Graduate of the University of the Philippines, Manila. The Butterfly Sanctuary includes the breeding of the butterflies of Cebu which had been opened to the public since 1974, where people could view the life-cycles of native butterflies.

Contact
Telephone (032) 261-6884
Email [email protected]
Mobile
Address J.N. Jumalon St., Basak Pardo 6000 Cebu City, Philippines

• Like 2