Sign in to follow this  
batman2525

Applied for Social Security from UK.

batman2525

I recently made an online application to start receiving my Social Security,when I was done completing the application I was given a pin number to use along side my SS number to check the status of my application.It says I can log in and check the status of my application after waiting 5 days....which I have done,however nearly 2 weeks later I keep getting the following message....As of today’s date, a decision has not been made on your application.

Anyone know how long it takes to get a decision ?

Scotsbloke

I recently made an online application to start receiving my Social Security,when I was done completing the application I was given a pin number to use along side my SS number to check the status of my application.It says I can log in and check the status of my application after waiting 5 days....which I have done,however nearly 2 weeks later I keep getting the following message....As of today’s date, a decision has not been made on your application.

Anyone know how long it takes to get a decision ?

Batty, which specific benefit were you applying for?  Also, was it to a local government or central government?  My impression is that central government tends to get back to you within 2 weeks but the local authorities can be slower.  I know some chaps who have slept in car parks due to the slowness of the processing of housing benefit.

rizla

Strange that they can process a refugee in a matter of days, but a local citizen takes weeks!

• Like 4

Tinbum

Strange that they can process a refugee in a matter of days, but a local citizen takes weeks!

Which is EXACTLY why Britian should remove the word Great from the front.

It used to be, it used to be a fantastic country but now its gone to the dogs. The most simple, glaring, overwhelming piece of evidence is this.

Why out of ALL the European countries do so many refugees want to get into the UK? Because it is sooooo easy to milk the system.

• Like 1

batman2525

I am currently in the UK...but I lived in the U.S for almost 40 years,the Social Security I am applying for is the equivalent of Americas state pension.

Nothing to do with the U.K 

JohnSurrey

I am currently in the UK...but I lived in the U.S for almost 40 years,the Social Security I am applying for is the equivalent of Americas state pension.

Nothing to do with the U.K

Hehehe... I understand you Batman - or should I say I know where you're coming from :)

Salty Dog

I applied from the Philippines and it was basically instantaneous. I had a permanent US address and bank for the direct deposit. I'm also a US citizen which might make all the difference.

Sent from Note 4 using Tapatalk.

batman2525
I applied from the Philippines and it was basically instantaneous. I had a permanent US address and bank for the direct deposit. I'm also a US citizen which might make all the difference.

I have all of the above.(Dual Citizen)

Edited by batman2525
  • Like 1

batman2525

Im getting this,

The following statements are informational only. They are current as of today. You will receive the official notice of any decision made on your claim by U.S. mail.

As of today’s date, a decision has not been made on your application.

If you need more information, you may call us toll-free at 1-800-772-1213(TTY 1-800-325-0778). SSA representatives are available Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

batman2525

I am now receiving my U.S Social Security payments into my UK bank account,Ive received 2 payments so it looks like everything is going ok.

I would like to change banks which would mean contacting the SS in the U.S and telling them that I now want to have the payments sent to a different account......has anyone ever done this? Thought I would ask on here before I call the SS.

Thank you.

bmoore

I am now receiving my U.S Social Security payments into my UK bank account,Ive received 2 payments so it looks like everything is going ok.

I would like to change banks which would mean contacting the SS in the U.S and telling them that I now want to have the payments sent to a different account......has anyone ever done this? Thought I would ask on here before I call the SS.

Thank you.

Are you an American citizen retiring in the UK?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Monsoon

It is refreshing to hear someone collecting their SS benefits when they are supposed to instead of trying to milk the system because their back hurts, or they are depressed. 

Congrats, you earned it! 

(Try not to think about how much wealthier you would be had you been allowed to put that money into a private investment vehicle). 

batman2525

Are you an American citizen retiring in the UK?

I am a dual U.S.....UK citizen(UK by birth)

Im currently in the UK...suppose you could say that Im retired.

Nangulo

You should be able to do it online.  Changing direct deposit is fairly easy.  A quick google on change direct deposit social security:

If you already are receiving benefits, you can create a my Social Security account and start or change Direct Deposit online. You also can sign up at your bank, credit union, or savings and loan. Or call Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778).

• Like 2

batman2525

You should be able to do it online.  Changing direct deposit is fairly easy.  A quick google on change direct deposit social security:

Yes,I found what you posted and I will call.