Man with 4.8 kilos of cocaine nabbed at Naia

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/821252/man-with-4-8-kilos-of-cocaine-nabbed-at-naia

Man with 4.8 kilos of cocaine nabbed at Naia

Authorities have arrested a 22-year-old Filipino for attempting to smuggle 4.8 kilos of cocaine into the country.

The man was identified by Bureau of Immigration (BI) Commissioner Jaime Morente as Jon-Jon Villamin Jr.

Villamin was arrested by operatives of the BI, Bureau of Customs (BOC) and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) upon his arrival in Manila on board Emirates flight EK332 from Dubai.

Based on the report to  Department of Justice (DOJ) of Intelligence Officer II Bienvenido Castillo, he was informed by PDEA about the arrival of a possible drug mule.

“I immediately went to the Terminal 3 and proceeded to Emirates airlines to confirm if our subject was on board. Emirate ground staff confirmed that indeed subject was on board,” Castillo said.

The task group members followed Villamin as he went to the carousel to get his check-in baggage after which they accosted the suspect and invited him for questioning at the Customs office.

Villamin allegedly denied knowing that he had cocaine in his luggage, saying it was given to him by a Brazilian friend who promised to call and instruct him where to bring the luggage upon his arrival in Manila. RAM/rga

more:http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/821252/man-with-4-8-kilos-of-cocaine-nabbed-at-naia#ixzz4M06jL900 

• Like 1
Davaoeno

it was given to him by a Brazilian friend who promised to call and instruct him where to bring the luggage upon his arrival in Manila

Most places in the world you would say - nobody would possibly believe this story . However, given the state of awareness of many filipinos its easy to see how a 22 year old pinoy could actually believe he was helping out a friend !  And not give it a second thought 

• Like 3
smokey

Most places in the world you would say - nobody would possibly believe this story . However, given the state of awareness of many filipinos its easy to see how a 22 year old pinoy could actually believe he was helping out a friend !  And not give it a second thought 

ha ha ha ha

Edited by smokey
Davaoeno

hey , I knew a guy who took a fishing boat thru the Panama Canal and US customs drilled holes everywhere in the damn thing .  Some people just manage to beat the system

Alfred E. Neuman

Friends who place friends in harm‘s way, hmmmm..

• Like 1
Davaoeno

so a guy hands you an empty luggage and it already is heavy and you don't think gee must be steel enforced ... now if it was 1 lb.. ok even 1 kilo but come on ... smell the coffee ...

hey , in the west they say there is one born every minute. In the Philippines i think it is more like 5,000 born every minute.

smokey

hey , I knew a guy who took a fishing boat thru the Panama Canal and US customs drilled holes everywhere in the damn thing .  Some people just manage to beat the system

ha ha ha

hey , in the west they say there is one born every minute. In the Philippines i think it is more like 5,000 born every minute.

ha ha ha ha

Edited by smokey

Better to be busted arriving at the airport than to be busted out on the street if you know what I mean.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

i wonder if 4.8 started out as 5

• Like 1
samatm

Good thing he didn't land in China ,  indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore etc... 

i wonder if 4.8 started out as 5

If that missing .2 started showing up in carry on bags just think of the money that could be made .. hmmmm

Kabisay-an gid

Anybody who believes that drug mule's BS story about "helping out a friend" is an idiot.

Tell it to the judge, Jon-Jon! With Du30 currently inhabiting Malacanang Palace, I doubt there's a judge in the Philippines who's going to go easy on him.

They may very well be calling Jon-Jon "Gone-Gone" in the not too distant future.

:lmao:

Edited by Kabisay-an gid
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Keeping with that theme, it is very plausible that the accused was absolutely oblivious to normal and standard travel precautions that have been in effect for at least 50 years. After all, it is typical of the Philippines to be uninformed on basic universal global issues.  

• Like 1