Sign in to follow this  
tonny

The US CONSULAR OFFICE Closings

tonny

U.S. Embassy, Manila, Philippines

Message for U.S. Citizens:  Consular Agency in Cebu - Closure and Limited Services until further notice

September 27, 2016

THE EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES IS TRANSMITTING THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION THROUGH THE EMBASSY WARDEN SYSTEM AS A PUBLIC SERVICE TO AMERICAN CITIZENS IN THE PHILIPPINES. PLEASE DISSEMINATE THIS MESSAGE TO ALL U.S. CITIZENS IN YOUR ORGANIZATION OR NEIGHBORHOOD.

The U.S. Consular Agency office in Cebu will be closed to the public on September 28, 2016. On September 29 and 30 the U.S. Consular Agency office in Cebu will not offer Passport, Notary and CRBA services. However, the Agency will remain open for inquiries and emergency assistance. Beginning October 3, 2016 all services for walk-in customers are suspended in Cebu until further notice.

On September 29 and 30 the Consular Agency office in Cebu will be able to assist with the following during regular hours for walk-in customers:

·         Routine Inquiries (walk-in, phone and email)

·         Voting Assistance                         

·         Providing Forms and Information Pamphlets

·         CRODA (Consular Report of Death Abroad) Acceptance

·         Emergency Assistance

Routine paid services such as notaries, legal capacity certificates, passports and Consular Report of Birth Abroad will NOT be available on these days.

If you need to contact the Cebu office on September 29 or 30, you may call (63 32) 231-1261.  To send a fax, dial (63 32) 231-0174.  Alternatively, you may contact the U.S. Embassy by email at [email protected]

Edited by Paul
  • Like 2

Headshot

Beginning October 3, 2016 all services for walk-in customers are suspended in Cebu until further notice.

I have no problems with the Consular Offices being closed for a few days for whatever reason, but this part doesn't sound good at all. I have to wonder if they are shutting the Consular Offices down. That would NOT be a good thing.

• Like 1

shadow

I have no problems with the Consular Offices being closed for a few days for whatever reason, but this part doesn't sound good at all. I have to wonder if they are shutting the Consular Offices down. That would NOT be a good thing.

I had a feeling of dread when I heard that John was leaving. Somehow I felt that was the beginning of the end of our Cebu Consulate.

Hopefully that does not come to pass.

State Trooper

Sounds like its just that the Consular Officer wont be in those days. Pretty routine he probably needed to go up to the Embassy for a meeting

If you notice the services the WONT be offered on those days all require the Consul

Jawny

My apologies!

I'm sure the closure is the direct result of my plan to travel to Cebu next week for a renewal.

• Like 1

shadow

Sounds like its just that the Consular Officer wont be in those days. Pretty routine he probably needed to go up to the Embassy for a meeting

If you notice the services the WONT be offered on those days all require the Consul

I would agree, except for the sentence in the notice that Headshot quoted.

delancey

I would agree, except for the sentence in the notice that Headshot quoted.

They toss that little chestnut in towards the end, with the added fun of the absolute minimum details being provided.

• Like 1

Jack_be_nimble

Beginning October 3, 2016 all services for walk-in customers are suspended in Cebu until further notice.

Yep, this caught my attention also.  Until further notice?  Are they in some kind of political 'time to circle the wagons' mode?  Or plans to renovate/relocate/update security?

easy44

Services have been curtailed gradually since John Domingo left.  I have a feeling the new guy just wasn't up to the job.  Lots of personal time involved for a volunteer position.  Some complained about John, but he was one dedicated guy.

• Like 2

delancey

It's maybe a no win situation?

No matter how many people are aware it is a volunteer position they still have a minimum expectation of the services they are entitled to. It has become harder to get those services. I guess the gov't does not want to make it a paid position.

Of topic- I'm getting that slow drip reduced services vibe from U.S. agencies more and more each year.

tonny

If you read back a few years ago i said don't complain about John what if he goes then what!!!!Well lets hope they have only good news ahead not more bad news,I was there last month for the VA and SS out reach and it was busy both days i would say there where few hundred  people who when there during the two days. Even got s flu shot from the VA and had my check ship back to the US Credit Union and the guy did it on the 24th of Aug and the check was there in the account on the 3rd Sept wow .Maybe a email camp-ion to the ambassador and the State department DC office might not be a bad idea  .Would be good if we could find out the number of people who showed up during the out reach and how many people on average use it each month

samatm

If you read back a few years ago i said don't complain about John what if he goes then what!!!!Well lets hope they have only good news ahead not more bad news,I was there last month for the VA and SS out reach and it was busy both days i would say there where few hundred  people who when there during the two days. Even got s flu shot from the VA and had my check ship back to the US Credit Union and the guy did it on the 24th of Aug and the check was there in the account on the 3rd Sept wow .Maybe a email camp-ion to the ambassador and the State department DC office might not be a bad idea  .Would be good if we could find out the number of people who showed up during the out reach and how many people on average use it eac

The support staff  are also very good.    The Cebuano Guy...I forget his name  at the front window .. was very professional and very helpful as were the other assistants..   Its not a one man office.. it takes a crew to run the thing professionally.    It would be a shame to lose the team.   Oh and I met the new guy .. he was great..but it does take time to learn the ins of outs.   Lets Pray they dont shut down these essential services to growing CEBU. 

Woolf

I find it a little odd that USA may close consulate in Cebu

Denmark just opened Embassy in Manila

and consulate in Cebu

There must be a lot more Americans in Cebu than Danes

Norway also have a consulate in Cebu

Edited by Woolf