Major dif. in tourist visa vrs. 13(a)?

How many USD does a marriage certificate cost? And anybody have an estimate of how much the total visa process is in USD? I'm nervous about going back and running out of money, but I'm anxious to see my man again...it's been tooooooo long!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Terp

• The Mason

• cognac

• jdwanderer

How many USD does a marriage certificate cost? And anybody have an estimate of how much the total visa process is in USD? I'm nervous about going back and running out of money, but I'm anxious to see my man again...it's been tooooooo long!

I believe it was $40.00 for two copies in June 2008, If you go to the web sight "[email protected]" you can connect to the page where you order the Marriage Certificate. We did everything from Maryland and there were no problems except it took six weeks, they only deliver the certificates by Philippine registered mail.

Edited by Harryw45
If you apply from outside the Philippines there are financial support requirements. You'll need copies of your bank statement and possibly prior year tax return. In my research I never came across anything stating what amount of money or income that is required though. They just want to see what you have.

If you apply from within the Philippines, the proof of financial support requirement is waived. I applied from within the Philippines so did not need any proof. When I went to my interview though I did take my bank statements and tax returns with me just in case it came up. The interviewer asked how I would support my family and I told her how I earned my money. She did not press for details or ask for proof of income.

I'm 41 years old so she asked about my job and income. I've heard feedback from older 13(a) applicants that income was never mentioned. I guess they assume if you're retired you have social security or

other pension income but if you are not retired, they at least ask token questions about finances.

I think the original poster, JDWanderer, is a woman. I really doubt BI will ask a woman for proof of income. Even though she's a foreigner, they would expect her husband, not her, to provide for the family.

I forgot to mention in my original reply...the fees I paid included a 1000 peso 'filing fee'. I paid that fee directly to a clerk in BI, not the cashier. I didn't ask for a receipt, but I'm sure she would not have given me one if I had asked for it. I didn't make waves because I wanted to get my visa and ACR card sooner rather than later, or not at all.

I filed for my visa in June of 2006 at the US embassy in Washington DC. Here are the dirrections I was given. I still do not understand item "b." since my immigration card doesn't have an expiration date.

C. Non-Quota Immigrant Visas

1. Spouse of a Filipino citizen (13-a)

If the application is made by a Spouse of a Filipino Citizen, the following documentary requirements must be submitted:

a. Two copies of a duly-accomplished visa application (F.A. Form No. 3). Application forms that are incompletely filled-out will be returned to the applicant.

b. Valid passport (the original passport itself must be submitted) whose validity must extend at least six (6) months beyond the length of proposed stay in the Philippines .

c. Four (4) 2" x 2" size photograph taken within the last six (6) months. The applicant

Just to get this straight ... The items below are required under the new requirements for the issuance of a 13a visa completed here in the Philippines:

1. Letter of Application

Duly notorized and written by the Filipina spouse. The letter is a request by my spouse for her husbands