Major dif. in tourist visa vrs. 13(a)?

Mattfromnz
I'll bet there wasn't a receipt for this 6,500 was there?

Yep, we got a reciept. I dont think it itemised what the charges were for. One was about 3,500 and other one 3000.

Have you now got your 13a Terp? I printed a requirements form off the Philippine Immigration website and they requested far more than what you have stated. I had to do a full medical in NZ including chest xrays and tests on any fluid that could possibly come from ones body. Then when I got here for my "Interview" they sent me to Quarantine to have another medical. Which was a pretty poor medical, but only cost 250 pesos.

This was only a few weeks ago, so please keep me updated as to when you get your full 13a, as I really dont think it as simple as you believe.

If it is that simple, I wish I took you with me when I went!!

Cheers

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Terp

• The Mason

• cognac

• jdwanderer

Yep, we got a reciept. I dont think it itemised what the charges were for. One was about 3,500 and other one 3000.

Have you now got your 13a Terp? I printed a requirements form off the Philippine Immigration website and they requested far more than what you have stated. I had to do a full medical in NZ including chest xrays and tests on any fluid that could possibly come from ones body. Then when I got here for my "Interview" they sent me to Quarantine to have another medical. Which was a pretty poor medical, but only cost 250 pesos.

This was only a few weeks ago, so please keep me updated as to when you get your full 13a, as I really dont think it as simple as you believe.

If it is that simple, I wish I took you with me when I went!!

Cheers

Matt, your story scare me. I'd really like to know what they're going to require before I start the process. But I'm wondering if the difference is because you started the process while in NZ, while others started after living here. I really hope that's the case.

Yes Mandaue and I'll PM you with additional information.

Thanks.

Mattfromnz
Matt, your story scare me. I'd really like to know what they're going to require before I start the process. But I'm wondering if the difference is because you started the process while in NZ, while others started after living here. I really hope that's the case.

Thanks.

If you go to the Philippine embassy website, you should be able to download the application for 13a form. We were told that it was easier to obtain from overseas than jump through the unreliable hoops in RP.

It may be easier here if you are already here. Im curious to know. I do still think that they require a medical clearance though. The medical at quarantine was pretty easy though.

Matt

Matt, when did you start the process? The reason I ask is because it's only been in the last 3 or 4 months that the requirements have changed.

As regarding the list that you speak of, it was given to us at Immigration here in Cebu.

Also take note that in my experience government websites in this country are very slow to update information.

I was wrong the requirements actually changed a year ago.

Here's the list:

For Applications for Conversion to Non-Quota Immigrant by Marriage

(Section 13, para. A)

1. Duly notarized letter of application by the Filipino spouse;

2. General Application Form duly accomplished and notarized (BI Form No. MCL -07-01);

3. NSO authenticated copy of Birth certificate of Filipino spouse;

4. NSO authenticated copy of the Marriage Contract of alien and Filipino spouse or authenticated by the Philippine embassy/consulate nearest to or in the place where the marriage was solemnized;

5. Bureau of Immigration (BI) Clearance Certificate; and

6. Plain photocopy of passport of alien spouse showing dates of arrival and authorized stay.

And you can follow this link when this was disccused earlier on this board.

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/inde...&hl=medical

I'm doing the 13 (a) Visa paperwork and the Quarantine Clearance is no longer required.

Here's the list that was giving to us.

Marriage Contract.

Birth Certifiacte of wife.

Spouse's Letter of Application.

Photocopies of Visa entries from Passports of both husband and wife.

3 Passport sized photos of husband.

And that's it!

No more physical?

No more stool sample?

Man! It is a LOT more simple than it used to be!

Do you know the cost to do the 13(a) now, Dewey?

Paul, my application for the Probationary 13(a) Visa is on it's way to Manila or so Immigration in Cebu told me yesterday and so far we've got receipts that total 3,020 pesos and that includes notorization of some documents.

Mattfromnz
Paul, my application for the Probationary 13(a) Visa is on it's way to Manila or so Immigration in Cebu told me yesterday and so far we've got receipts that total 3,020 pesos and that includes notorization of some documents.

Terp, I am truely jealous! Man, I jumped thru so many hoops and paid all up I think about 18,000 pesos!! (includes medical tests etc)

If I had known it was that easy to do once in Cebu, I would have applied here. We started my application in August 2008. When we got to Cebu, the lady at Quarantine told us that if the medical is more than 6mths old, it is no longer valid on entry. We told her that this was not explained to us in NZ by the embassy and she then told us that they dont actually tell the embassys that info as they like to keep it prvate! Go figure.

Congrats on the 13a! It saves a lot of hassle. I would hate to visit immigration more than once a year!

Matt, that just sucks mate. BUT it is atypical of the way things are done here. We are but mushrooms in a dark closet of shifting manure.

Edited by Bob Ward
Terp, I am truely jealous! Man, I jumped thru so many hoops and paid all up I think about 18,000 pesos!! (includes medical tests etc).

Matt, don't congratulate me yet, if there's one thing I've learned in the Philippines it's not to count your chickens until their hatched.

Or in other words you can congratulate me when I have the Visa in hand...

mattwilkie

I was in immigration earlier they have made a lot of changes recently.. the shorts rule is back yet again after a change in management.. A lot of new paintwork and different layout has actually made the whole process of renewing a visa a lot slower. Ill be going the 13a route myself I found it a hassle before but now its a nightmare. On top of that with the extra fees for a piece of paper that says your not a criminal it cost me over P4,000 for 2 months all together. I dont know why they over charge and make things overcomplicated maybe they just dont want us here...

I dunno why you would be envious Matt. In fact it is even recommended that it's better to apply in your home country for the 13a visa than here in the Philippines. Wanna know why? Coz once approved, that's already a Permanent 13a visa whilst if you apply here in the Philippines, you have to do it twice, Probationary for one year and then do the process again for the Permanent.

I was wrong the requirements actually changed a year ago.

Here's the list:

For Applications for Conversion to Non-Quota Immigrant by Marriage

(Section 13, para. A)

1. Duly notarized letter of application by the Filipino spouse;

2. General Application Form duly accomplished and notarized (BI Form No. MCL -07-01);

3. NSO authenticated copy of Birth certificate of Filipino spouse;

4. NSO authenticated copy of the Marriage Contract of alien and Filipino spouse or authenticated by the Philippine embassy/consulate nearest to or in the place where the marriage was solemnized;

5. Bureau of Immigration (BI) Clearance Certificate; and

6. Plain photocopy of passport of alien spouse showing dates of arrival and authorized stay.

And you can follow this link when this was disccused earlier on this board.

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/inde...&hl=medical

Hi Terp

Is there a specific format for a spouse application letter? Can i just prepare it myself and have it notarized or is it better to get a lawyer to do it for me?

Thank you so much.

jazzy

Is there a specific format for a spouse application letter? Can i just prepare it myself and have it notarized or is it better to get a lawyer to do it for me?

The people at Immigration gave us a sample and we worked off that. I've tried to post it here but the formatting gets messed up.

If you like you can PM me and give me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.

Terp

The Mason
Hi Terp

Thank you so much.

jazzy

BI has a template posted on their site. Go to the 13(a) section and it's at the very bottom of that page. I posted a link to it earlier, I think in this thread, so if you read the forum, you'll find the link.