Major dif. in tourist visa vrs. 13(a)?

Take note of the template for your spouse's letter of application.

Thanks. I had not seen that before.

On the 13A check list they have a BI clearance, but on that example letter they make reference to a Bureau of Quarantine clearance. Do you know anything about that?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Terp

• The Mason

• cognac

• jdwanderer

The Mason
Thanks. I had not seen that before.

On the 13A check list they have a BI clearance, but on that example letter they make reference to a Bureau of Quarantine clearance. Do you know anything about that?

I'm not sure what the quarantine clearance is all about, I deleted that from my letter. They issue your BI clearance when you submit your application and nobody ever mentioned the quarantine clearance to me.

I'm not sure what the quarantine clearance is all about, I deleted that from my letter. They issue your BI clearance when you submit your application and nobody ever mentioned the quarantine clearance to me.

I looked at that example letter again. And here's how it was listed:

3. Photocopy of the pertinent pages of his passport:

a. bio-page

b. page/s showing:

1. his immigration admission and its extension/s and

2. Bureau of Quarantine Clearance

It seems weird. Like they're looking for a clearance stamp from your passport.

I looked at that example letter again. And here's how it was listed:

3. Photocopy of the pertinent pages of his passport:

a. bio-page

b. page/s showing:

1. his immigration admission and its extension/s and

2. Bureau of Quarantine Clearance

It seems weird. Like they're looking for a clearance stamp from your passport.

The Bureau of Quarantine relates to medical clearance. They'll send you off to get tested at their accredited medical laboratory such as blood test, eye test, urine test, stool and chest x-ray. If everything is okay, the Bureau of Quarantine stamps your passport stating that you've "Passed". lol This was one of the requirements prior to the introduction of BI's VIMS.

The Bureau of Quarantine relates to medical clearance. They'll send you off to get tested at their accredited medical laboratory such as blood test, eye test, urine test, stool and chest x-ray. If everything is okay, the Bureau of Quarantine stamps your passport stating that you've "Passed". lol This was one of the requirements prior to the introduction of BI's VIMS.

With VIMS is this still a requirement?

The Mason

Thanks for the info Misty. I didn't understand this part when I was applying, so I just ignored it and figured BI would tell me if I needed something for this.

With VIMS is this still a requirement?

The medical clearance is required if you are applying fro the 13(a) from your home country. If you are applying from within the Philippines, the requirement is waived.

Mattfromnz

Hi,

I got my 13a in New Zealand and then had to complete it once in Cebu. It was reasonably easy, but time consuming with all the medical stuff they required etc. Then once in Cebu, I had to get another medical and spent hours at the Immigration office. It is very un organised here and very frustrating. I thought (was told in NZ) that I had paid for everything and just had to have an "interview" with an immigration agent when I got here. It was much more than a interview, and an additional 6,500 pesos for, well, they didnt say what it was for, but you just pay it as you want to get the damn thing over with.

All said, it was well worth it as I am starting a job next week and needed it and once visiting the immigration office once, you will not want to go there ever again! Get your 13a.

Have a look at http://www.livingincebuforums.com/inde...manent+resident for more info on what I had to do.

Good luck!

Hi,

I got my 13a in New Zealand and then had to complete it once in Cebu. It was reasonably easy, but time consuming with all the medical stuff they required etc. Then once in Cebu, I had to get another medical and spent hours at the Immigration office. It is very un organised here and very frustrating. I thought (was told in NZ) that I had paid for everything and just had to have an "interview" with an immigration agent when I got here. It was much more than a interview, and an additional 6,500 pesos for, well, they didnt say what it was for, but you just pay it as you want to get the damn thing over with.

All said, it was well worth it as I am starting a job next week and needed it and once visiting the immigration office once, you will not want to go there ever again! Get your 13a.

Have a look at http://www.livingincebuforums.com/inde...manent+resident for more info on what I had to do.

Good luck!

Dude, you just got duped by the BoI which is all about revenue now since the other revenues are drying up for the government. They just used and abused you since they could Sorry to hear that mate

If you take medical history papers from here...for example, TB test results, eye test results etc... do you still have to do all their medical stuff? :rolleyes:

If you take medical history papers from here...for example, TB test results, eye test results etc... do you still have to do all their medical stuff?

I'm doing the 13 (a) Visa paperwork and the Quarantine Clearance is no longer required.

Here's the list that was giving to us.

Marriage Contract.

Birth Certifiacte of wife.

Spouse's Letter of Application.

Photocopies of Visa entries from Passports of both husband and wife.

3 Passport sized photos of husband.

And that's it!

They issue your BI clearance when you submit your application...

Correct, you fill out the paperwork for the clearance while at Immigration and they do the background check for you.

If you apply from within the Philippines, the proof of financial support requirement is waived.

Me and the wife went to Immigration yesterday to submit our notorized paperwork and right there on the spot the Immigration guy decides to get the interview out of the way and I was freaking a bit because I didn't have any paperwork with me to proof finacial support.

Anyway they never asked for proof, they simply took my word for it.

It is very un organised here and very frustrating. I thought (was told in NZ) that I had paid for everything and just had to have an "interview" with an immigration agent when I got here. It was much more than a interview, and an additional 6,500 pesos for, well, they didnt say what it was for, but you just pay it as you want to get the damn thing over with.

I'll bet there wasn't a receipt for this 6,500 was there?

I'm doing the 13 (a) Visa paperwork and the Quarantine Clearance is no longer required.

Here's the list that was giving to us.

Marriage Contract.

Birth Certifiacte of wife.

Spouse's Letter of Application.

Photocopies of Visa entries from Passports of both husband and wife.

3 Passport sized photos of husband.

And that's it!

Terp, thanks for the info. That helps a lot. I'm glad they're waiving some of that stuff. You were doing this at the Mandaue BoI office? Is there any other advice you can give about dealing with them down there?

I'm glad they're waiving some of that stuff. You were doing this at the Mandaue BoI office? Is there any other advice you can give about dealing with them down there?

Yes Mandaue and I'll PM you with additional information.