Computer-repair with Homeservice

Haxton

here is the guy we use and he is a member a Russian   named Vlad 09176310112   he has saved me a few times does the repair work for a few call centers ...

Skywalker

Get a system rescue CD and burn it to a USB stick. See if you can boot from that

Good luck with that.  You would need to get into DOS to change the boot up sequence.

And burning stuff to a thumb drive?  really?

You would need to get into DOS to change the boot up sequence.

Boot disc is selected in BIOS. It is worth trying to boot from a USB drive or DVD to repair the SSD.

Try one of these.

http://www.gfi.com/blog/top-5-free-rescue-discs-for-your-sys-admin-toolkit/

Edited by thebob
  • Like 1
Skywalker

Thanks Bob, I meant the BIOS of course.

Any idea where to get a win7 DVD?

BT site. Avoid those with extra utilities (could contain virus). "MSDN" labelled ones are usually good - they're downloaded via Microsoft's developer subscription, not second-hand rip from retail DVD.

and write it into USB stick by tools such as Rufus. If you need to change version or something, just re-do it again.

The thing is, if the home service guy can't fix it, does he still get paid? My wife's nephew does this for a living, he even fixed 2 x HD for me where PC shops at SM wanted to sell me a new hard drive. But there is never a guarantee.

The story from your wife's nephew is exactly why people should never seek advice from PC shops. They're incapable of identifying any system or software-related problems.