Sign in to follow this  
Ozepete

When a family's joy turns to heartbreak.

Ozepete

A few weeks ago I posted about our nephew's new born baby, born with a heart problem.

The baby had been in IC at Doctors Hospital since birth early July.

The parents and family there in Cebu exhausted all their funds, borrowing, 'selling blood' etc to pay the medicals while they waited for a miracle so they could afford the p330+K open heart surgery.

With help from three LinC members and our family here in Oz we were able to help them get that operation done.

The baby's mom and dad were so thrilled and eventually baby Gary had open heart surgery on Tuesday.

Tuesday night there was cautious happiness and non stop chatter between Oz and Cebu family members as it seemed the worse was over.  

I felt so relieved, those kids had been through more than two months of hell and now it looked like all was going to be ok for them.

But not to be. Sadly yesterday, just 24 hours after the op, the baby succumbed to the ordeal and now his parents are grief stricken and facing a burial instead of the joy of seeing their baby grow.

So sad and just hope they can move on. My wife is going over to Cebu on Monday to help them through this.

Finally just want to thank the members of LinC for their support.

• Like 1

Loki88

Thats so sad to hear mate. I couldnt imagine a greater pain than losing your child.RIP and sorry for their loss

• Like 1

spydoo

Well done on giving him the best chance you could.

• Like 1

Goetz1965

Edited by Goetz1965