Daughter of late British peer killed in Philippines drug war

Headshot

I see what you mean but I can see where this could get totally out of control. Vigilantes running wild are bound to produce a lot of collateral damage.

I believe that most of the killing has been done by drug traffickers killing witnesses who could get them killed. When an innocent gets killed (not just a bystander at the scene of a shooting), it is very likely that that innocent knew something they shouldn't have known or saw something they shouldn't have seen. Criminals in the Philippines have been eliminating witnesses like that as long as I can remember. The "war on drugs" has just given the drug traffickers more incentive to eliminate witnesses. I would bet that almost all of those who gave themselves up to the police, and were then released, were victims of drug traffickers eliminating potential witnesses. Once they turn themselves in, the traffickers don't trust them anymore.

• Like 1
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• senseless

• RogerDuMond

• spydoo

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you have a sister? A daughter? Nieces?   I think all decent people can find sympathy in their hearts for anyone who goes astray, nevermind for the end result of their actions whether legal or ill

If that day ever comes Linc will have very few members .   But then I am sure you are aware of that. Which leads me to ask why you are here associating with such people ???

My father was a wife / child beater and drunkard .     I am an alcoholic but I never allowed it to interfere with me providing a very good living for my family and In 48 years of marriage I never hu

I believe that most of the killing has been done by drug traffickers killing witnesses who could get them killed. When an innocent gets killed (not just a bystander at the scene of a shooting), it is very likely that that innocent knew something they shouldn't have known or saw something they shouldn't have seen. Criminals in the Philippines have been eliminating witnesses like that as long as I can remember. The "war on drugs" has just given the drug traffickers more incentive to eliminate witnesses. I would bet that almost all of those who gave themselves up to the police, and were then released, were victims of drug traffickers eliminating potential witnesses. Once they turn themselves in, the traffickers don't trust them anymore.

Wow! That's a whole lot of guesses. In fact it's all guesses!

RogerDuMond

Actually it is not a guess at all, it is factual.

Edited by RogerDuMond
  • Like 1

Vigilantes running wild are bound to produce a lot of collateral damage.
They aren't vigilantes though, they're undocumented deputies.

fact of the matter is, the girl dealed in drugs..

she knows it's a dirty business, ESPECIALLY when the ''ritch', the 'movie star'' and ''businessmen'' and there family (kids) involved

they wil not take lightly that their family wil be dragged in the mud, and what better then kill their dealer..(and may it be a warning to everyone!!)

the powerful in the Philippines are ruthless!! 

btw, @ sensless, you have your opinion, others are entitled to there own..but don't assume that your opinion is the only TRUE opinion..  

Edited by toshi
Headshot

My conclusions are mainly based on my personal experiences. My wife's cousin (along with two of his friends) from Carcar witnessed a hit five years ago and could identify the hitman. Unfortunately for them, the hitman saw them as well. Of the three men, the two friends were murdered and my wife's cousin is still in hiding on another island. If he ever goes home to Carcar, he will be a dead man. This is how criminals in the Philippines have always operated. I remember similar incidences from back during the 1960's and 1970's. Anybody who blames Duterte for all of the killings in the Philippines is simply ignoring the history of crime in the Philippines. This is just how criminal business is done here. Life (somebody else's life) is cheap, and it has always been that way. Guesses? No. It is anecdotal evidence, but then there really isn't anything better when it comes to who is committing the murders in the Philippines ... now or in the past. Nobody has a good enough handle on this to know for sure who killed who in every case. The state of criminal investigation here just isn't that advanced. Anecdotal evidence is usually the only evidence available.

Semper paratus

Posted 20 September 2016 - 7:23 PM

Semper paratus, on 20 Sept 2016 - 7:14 PM, said:snapback.png

Her family can find "sympathy" in the dictionary in-between shit and syphilis.   

Do you have a sister? A daughter? Nieces?

I think all decent people can find sympathy in their hearts for anyone who goes astray, nevermind for the end result of their actions whether legal or illegal. Part of that decency comes from a lack of self-righteousness, knowing that "there but for the grace of God go I", as the saying goes.

The post I quote above is boorish. 

I see we have a lot of bleeding heart liberals on this forum.  To each their own opinion even if wrong.

I stand by my original post. No sympathy.

I was targeted and almost killed by druggies/drug dealers 3 times in my short life of 72 years. Minding my own business by the way, one even tried to force his way into the front door of my house. He was being chased by the police for a murder he had just committed minutes earlier. He had run out of gas in a stolen car and was looking for another victim. Fortunately the police were hot on his trail plus our call to 911 and we were surrounded by squad cars within minutes. I had to slam the door on his hand because my wife was dumb enough to open the door without seeing who it was first. Another time I was robbed at knife point by a druggie. And yet another time years later out deer hunting in the middle of nowhere I was approached by a guy that ran off the road and wanted a tow. Something didn't seem right to me so I contacted a prosecuting attorney friend of mine that immediately sent the State Police out. The kid vanished somewhere in the woods but I had his first name, description, and his car was still there of course. The police knew exactly who he was as they were looking for him. He was wanted in connection with a drive by shooting earlier and he was a known druggie. What made me doubly suspicious of him was his reason for being on the 2 track trail. No one would be on that trail while going to work as he claimed. What he was doing was avoiding any main roads to avoid being spotted.

NO ONE involved with drugs in any way will get any sympathy from me.

I stand by my original post: Her family can find "sympathy" in the dictionary in-between shit and syphilis.   

• Like 1

The thousands of cases that are waiting in the severely overcrowded jails since the surrender was instituted.

It is estimated that less than 1000 have been killed by anti-drug groups including police.

wow  the president himself said over 3,000 maybe he should of checked with you first being a front liner and all

My conclusions are mainly based on my personal experiences. My wife's cousin (along with two of his friends) from Carcar witnessed a hit five years ago and could identify the hitman. Unfortunately for them, the hitman saw them as well. Of the three men, the two friends were murdered and my wife's cousin is still in hiding on another island. If he ever goes home to Carcar, he will be a dead man. This is how criminals in the Philippines have always operated. I remember similar incidences from back during the 1960's and 1970's. Anybody who blames Duterte for all of the killings in the Philippines is simply ignoring the history of crime in the Philippines. This is just how criminal business is done here. Life (somebody else's life) is cheap, and it has always been that way. Guesses? No. It is anecdotal evidence, but then there really isn't anything better when it comes to who is committing the murders in the Philippines ... now or in the past. Nobody has a good enough handle on this to know for sure who killed who in every case. The state of criminal investigation here just isn't that advanced. Anecdotal evidence is usually the only evidence available.

I saw two guys leading a guy up the hill the guy had a sack over his head and looked like his hands were zip tied ... well maybe it was a scavenger hunt because I am still here and I don't think he was just on a late night stroll

RogerDuMond

wow the president himself said over 3,000 maybe he should of checked with you first being a front liner and all

As I have said multiple times there have been 3000+ deaths, but according to PNP estimates, less than 1000 are from anti-drug groups including police the rest are attributable to dealers removing witnesses and just someone with a grudge.

• Like 1

As I have said multiple times there have been 3000+ deaths, but according to PNP estimates, less than 1000 are from anti-drug groups including police the rest are attributable to dealers removing witnesses and just someone with a grudge.

Well  excuse me if I think this is not true... If anything I think a lot of the real dealers were shot by their protectors so I guess you could say protectors removing witnesses I would think a drug coddler / protector also has a lot to loose from a arrested drug dealer  

RogerDuMond

Well  excuse me if I think this is not true... If anything I think a lot of the real dealers were shot by their protectors so I guess you could say protectors removing witnesses I would think a drug coddler / protector also has a lot to loose from a arrested drug dealer  

Yes Smokey, sorry that I relied on PNP estimates rather than your opinion.

Yes Smokey, sorry that I relied on PNP estimates rather than your opinion.

sorry roger if I heard this from our new neighbor who is PNP herself ...