More training not needed

colemanlee

why not give them AK-47 and machete??

actually and AK would be and excellent choice for them....very low maintenance....and probably shoot as accurate as most troops can

• Like 5

We should give them a middle finger raised high, maybe a few 'putang ina's and focus on Vietnam instead. 

A 20% duty on remittances would tackle a few bills at home as well.

Focus on Vietnam? What year are you living in?
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Focus on Vietnam? What year are you living in?

When is the last time you were in Vietnam?

Do you know anything about the US / Vietnam  relations? 

• Like 1
RogerDat

I remember the problem with the M 16 as first fielded, it did not come with a cleaning kit. The problem was that the powers that be said use ball powder instead of the Winchester type it was designed for, a cleaner burning type that left very little residue. After they started cleaning them, they were fine. The military here are supposed to be highly educated, and carefully picked for service, so what is going on with them? Are they not motivated to live?

But, to the original statement that more training is not needed, I think it is as they obviously did not get the idea, did not understand the course, so it was wasted on them.

Edited by RogerDat

I remember the problem with the M 16 as first fielded, it did not come with a cleaning kit. The problem was that the powers that be said use ball powder instead of the Winchester type it was designed for, a cleaner burning type that left very little residue. After they started cleaning them, they were fine. The military here are supposed to be highly educated, and carefully picked for service, so what is going on with them? Are they not motivated to live?

But, to the original statement that more training is not needed, I think it is as they obviously did not get the idea, did not understand the course, so it was wasted on them.

I was taught to disassemble, clean, and reassemble a firearm at age 8, no cleaning kit was available, before I was allowed to fire one. The original post contained sarcasm, of which obviously not everyone got the idea, do not understand sarcasm, so it was wasted on them.

• Like 1

So where are these US advisors who should be teaching them to clean their gun, testing their weapons, and slipping them a bottle of oil? Are they too thin on the ground? Or do they wrongly think they shouldn't have to start with the basics?

• Like 1
colemanlee

I remember the problem with the M 16 as first fielded, it did not come with a cleaning kit. The problem was that the powers that be said use ball powder instead of the Winchester type it was designed for, a cleaner burning type that left very little residue.

Correct...but it goes much farther than that....if you're curious this goes into the problems and the associated fixes..https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M16_rifle

My son didn't like the collapsible stock but did like the short barrel...so he had the company armorer adapt the short barrel to a standard A4 or the standard stock to a A1 (sorry I cant remember) He carried that gun in something like 15+ deployments to Iraq, Afghanistan, and many other places to include here....In conversations with him...he never fired on full auto...always fired semi-auto...he prefered the HWS sight.....and as always...cleaned it on a regular basis...His only complaint he ever voiced was that many times he wished it were chambered for 7.62x51...which is now available to US special Ops

At any rate, the problems the PNA have seen are IMHO a direct cause of an ingrained culture of run it until it breaks...which is why IMHO they should be using one of the AK variants...

• Like 5
Headshot

At any rate, the problems the PNA have seen are IMHO a direct cause of an ingrained culture of run it until it breaks...which is why IMHO they should be using one of the AK variants...

And I'm sure the Chinese or the Russians would be happy to supply the AFP with all the AK's they want. That is the most over-manufactured assault rifle in the world.

• Like 1
colemanlee

And I'm sure the Chinese or the Russians would be happy to supply the AFP with all the AK's they want. That is the most over-manufactured assault rifle in the world.

I am sure they would also....however I would not call it over-manufactured....they seem to find a use for them all over the world.....used by folks I would not let work on an anvil ....

Edited by colemanlee
  • Like 2

A lot of the equipment and weapons are already broken or defective when they are received.  Most of the 114 APCs the Philippine government received from the US within the past year are not even usable yet and many are only good for parts.  

House to probe P1.2-B ‘defective’ AFP helicopters

Philippines buys P1.9B worth of defective rifles

As for training, each time I have been to the range, the soldiers break down and clean the weapons after they are fired, so they do know how to properly maintain them. I think worn parts, lack of supplies available in the field, and the environment are the main culprits. 
Headshot

I am sure they would also....however I would not call it over-manufactured....they seem to find a use for them all over the world.....used by folks I would not let work on an anvil ....

True, but if the AK didn't exist, there would be a lot less war in the world today. That is what I mean by over-manufactured. They are so cheap (often free) and plentiful that almost every militia and insurgent group in the world is armed with AK's. I even saw an armored car guard carrying one in Consolacion. They are literally everywhere.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1

If Duterte doesn't want our troops there, fine. But at least have some of our advisors to train these guys. We should give them weapons only on the condition that our guys train them how to use them.

we should do what we are told and mind our own business

• Like 3

True, but if the AK didn't exist, there would be a lot less war in the world today.

Less??

SmTxeir.jpg

• Like 4