Does USPS ship all the way here or ..

David Kennedy

Do their packages get handed off to FedEx/DHL or the like?

I may order a helmet from US eBay. If its USPS all the way, but if the big shippers actually bring it to PI, then I'd be paying duty.

I know smaller USPS Prioroty packages come all the way.

Anyone have experience with helmet size boxes sent USPS?

Do their packages get handed off to FedEx/DHL or the like?

I may order a helmet from US eBay. If its USPS all the way, but if the big shippers actually bring it to PI, then I'd be paying duty.

I know smaller USPS Prioroty packages come all the way.

Anyone have experience with helmet size boxes sent USPS?

I believe USPS is passed off to Philpost.

• Like 2
RogerDat

I received a Christmas box from my son. The filpost opened it in front of me, and checked if manifest was correct to contents, and charged me P100 for fee.

David Kennedy

I received a Christmas box from my son. The filpost opened it in front of me, and checked if manifest was correct to contents, and charged me P100 for fee.

The everybody pays p100 (now p112) seems to have done away with a lot of duty concerns. So they just checked contents to verify manifest rather than look for dutyable items? Was it a fairly large box like helmet size, or much smaller I wonder

RogerDat

A helmet sized box would be fairly large with padding, ours was like for 2 pairs of shoes.

Everything I ordered on ebay arrived to far. As others say, USPS will be delivered by philpost and you pay 112 pesos. You may want to go down to the post office after 3 weeks and prime them that you are expecting a delivery and leave your phone number. The tracking number you will get from your ebay supplier does not work in the Philippines but everything shows up after about 3 to 4 weeks.

If you get delivery by FedEX, best is to do the international program with pre paid freight and taxes. FedEx runs a scam here and is trying to overcharge.

• Like 1
David Kennedy

Well I ordered the helmet. We'll see what happens when it gets to Dgte post ofc.

Should be okay.. If shoes can get through then why not a helmet? Size isn't how duty is calculated.

Edited by David Kennedy

Unless you choose "Global Express Guaranteed", where FedEx does the local delivery  as opposed to Priority Mail Express International and the lower level services the USPS passes the mail off to the local mail service

According to them, The USPS's responsibility ends at the country's border

Sent my brother a surprise wedding gift to Aruba on his honeymoon. It did not arrive until after he left and the USPS refused to take responsibility even though it did not leave the US until 2 days after guaranteed delivery date

Refused to pay out on the insurance and even refused to refund the delivery charges

Headshot

If you belong to RAO (you are retired US military and have joined RAO in the Philippines), then you can have an FPO (Fleet Post Office) address and USPS is delivered all the way to your box at the RAO. That works great for regular mail, magazines and small (under a pound) packages, but they won't deliver anything that weighs more than a pound. They also won't deliver anything coming directly from a business (with the business identified on the packaging. If I want to get something from a business in the US, I just have it shipped to my sister or my dad in the US, and they relabel the package so it comes from them to me.

Edited by Headshot