Sign in to follow this  
Goetz1965

If buying from Amazon US - is Amazon PRIME of any benefit ?

Goetz1965

KODI works fine on my Amazon US bought NAS using Globe Internet !

rep1

Edit: amazon still tacking on a hefty (250%) import tax:

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-30%20at%2011.10.

but they will return the money if it's not collected, just a month later.

I'm getting worried about what I could buy - some items such as the MS wedge keyboard I ordered became unavailable internationally right after my order. seem like they mistakenly made it available then corrected it :(

JonnyBravo

KODI works fine on my Amazon US bought NAS using Globe Internet !

Yeah I just talked with a coworker who just came back from a trip to the PI. Told me Kodi works as advertised, no VPN needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Goetz1965

Amazon refunds tax, but not all. I just yesterday got an email from amazon to get about 3$ refunded from my last order (about 180$).
So they really do it without us asking for it.

USMC-Retired

Living in the USA I love it and could not see life without it now. However in the PH value is limited.

• Like 1

rep1
On 10/29/2016 at 5:26 PM, senseless said:

Also, you can have Amazon ship directly to a service like my-shoppingbox.com -- I had no problem using another address for shipping with my account. They didn't even hold the orders to make sure they were legitimate. I used to do that with MSB but ended up having my mother repackage stuff for me so I can save a bit at MSB. Amazon likes to send stuff in boxes way too big for the thing being shipped.

But is free US shipping + relay cheaper than direct international shipping?

Their international shipping seems to have big discount. My latest item cost less than $50 for 10lb. A mere backpack I shipped by MyUS years ago cost me over $100 as it's the original shipping price plus relay fee.

Edited by rep1

Goetz1965

From my last orders with Amazon USA I can say that it now is more expensive then 2 years ago.
Actually they add the taxes and this make goods nearly double the price.

I ordered an ANSMANN Battery charger last (thanks to GwapoGuy fr bringing it here).
Price with Amazon is about 90$ - shipping would have cost a bit over 20$ BUT they added the customs fee/tax with another 80$ for that - LOL
In case you cant find anyone bringing the item to you - then use a service like http://johnnyairplus.com - I can recommend them - fast and reliable. Shipping price meets about Amazons but you dont have customs tax/fee added upon.

wondersailor

I can also give a thumbs up for Johnnyair, good company. 

Amazon does not charge taxes in all US states. It depends on the agreement they have with the state

TheWhiteKnight

I used ShippingCart once for a monitor, it was pretty great, just took a long time. Total 45 bucks in shipping 27" dell.

TheWhiteKnight

Amazon will refund taxes , even if your freight forwarder is in a taxable state, you just have to send the waybill or whatever showing that it's leaving the country.

On 11/1/2016 at 4:01 AM, rep1 said:

but they will return the money if it's not collected, just a month later.

I'm getting worried about what I could buy - some items such as the MS wedge keyboard I ordered became unavailable internationally right after my order. seem like they mistakenly made it available then corrected it :(

Did this ever come?

• Like 1

rep1
10 hours ago, TheWhiteKnight said:

Amazon will refund taxes , even if your freight forwarder is in a taxable state, you just have to send the waybill or whatever showing that it's leaving the country.

Did this ever come?

Yes it did. It's made available for international shipping again except price is 50% higher. That's a very old model so I guess there has been a mistake and I got lucky :D