Sign in to follow this  
toshi

posible scam/beggar alert..

Dafey

My wife asked me a lot of "what if" questions about this.

What if you lost all your money and couldn't afford to get back to the US?

...I told her I'd find work

You're in the Philippines, you can't work?

...legally no but if I needed money I'd find an honest way to earn it

Why doesn't this guy ask his family back home for help?

...they probably don't want anything to do him

Enuff

My wife asked me a lot of "what if" questions about this.

What if you lost all your money and couldn't afford to get back to the US?

...I told her I'd find work

You're in the Philippines, you can't work?

...legally no but if I needed money I'd find an honest way to earn it

Why doesn't this guy ask his family back home for help?

...they probably don't want anything to do him

maybe you should ask your wife some what ifs?

what if I lost everything, would you try to support me like I have supported you or would you get me sent back to usa?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

smokey

dang i am slow today i am still trying to see the scam part

• Like 1

colemanlee

what if I lost everything, would you try to support me like I have supported you or would you get me sent back to usa?

So what airline is your ticket with??? :yahoo:

• Like 3

Jawny

I am in the same boat. I can't see how this fellow (or is there more than one?) is scamming anyone. I have seen the fellow previously called the "Ayala scammer" every time I am in Cebu. He did approach me before but I've not had him approach me for years. Each time I see him, he does look a bit worse for wear.

What amazes me is the vitriol that comes out when describing this guy(s). It seems like a pretty straight forward method of begging. Even creative by use of a story, in the native language of those he approaches.

The best beggar I can recall was a child in Czechoslovakia. The child approached me, with his wrist extended using body language for a watch. He then asked me what time it was, first in Czech, then German, finally English. I was more comfortable with English, so responded in kind. Whoops, that revealed my native language and then the begging began.

I can appreciate the attempts by members to share warnings. However, not really sure how this beggar is a threat to anyone.

• Like 2

Mikala

As discussed in previous threads on the subject, wasn't the guy delivering a sob story about the wife kicking him out, being penniless and asking folks to help him? Then, when someone truly tried to help the guy, he'd back out of it? The guy refused to contact the embassy or consulate.

If he's only panhandling for funds with the story that he needs money to buy food to survive and then spends it on shabu, I'd also call that a scam.

Personally I prefer the guys that used to panhandle in Phoenix with signs stating "NEED MONEY FOR BEER". I'd invariably hand them at least 10 bucks! :)

smokey

As discussed in previous threads on the subject, wasn't the guy delivering a sob story about the wife kicking him out, being penniless and asking folks to help him? Then, when someone truly tried to help the guy, he'd back out of it? The guy refused to contact the embassy or consulate.

If he's only panhandling for funds with the story that he needs money to buy food to survive and then spends it on shabu, I'd also call that a scam.

Personally I prefer the guys that used to panhandle in Phoenix with signs stating "NEED MONEY FOR BEER". I'd invariably hand them at least 10 bucks! :)

I hear them same stories every day called a forum and if that isn't enough I get to hear them same stories in the NEWS  so then the guy is kind of a pre school politician

• Like 1

Dafey

maybe you should ask your wife some what ifs?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks for your concern but my wife is beyond reproach.

My point was the way the Philippinos look at it. Especially the family...why can't they help?

spydoo

If he's only panhandling for funds with the story that he needs money to buy food to survive and then spends it on shabu, I'd also call that a scam....

So would I, but the person who accused him of that went quiet after he was asked to verify it and no-one else has hinted at drug addiction being an issue. I see no reason to believe he's a shabu user. I'd be surprised if he didn't like a drink, but so would I if I was that poor and cheap booze doesn't cost much.

Runian

any of you recognize this guy, sob story need cash ... 

post-5686-0-38674400-1480166806_thumb.jpg