Sign in to follow this  
toshi

posible scam/beggar alert..

toshi

i was approached this morning about 11.45am,  in SM in north reclamation (old sm)

i was looking in the pet shop on the bottom floor, a guy ask me what time it was..

he looked pretty dodgy, end 40sh, shorts and t shirt, 

very thin, about 5.6,

blond hair, curly.

possibly Australian, but not shore ((EDIT< AMERICAN?))

i gave him the time, he turned to walk away, and came back and ask me if i was German .. i said NO

as i was pretty brisk (and Big) he walked away. but looked pretty confused. (drunk?)

about ten minutes later i saw him talking to a other foreigner.

Edited by toshi

b7335920

I've met this guy. Skinny scraggly American.

First time was on Osmenia just east of Fuente. Second time was 2 days ago in SM. He always approaches with, "do you have the time?" He went on to tell me his life story in Arkansas and kept trying to keep the conversation going everytime I tried to cut it off. Eventually he tells me this sob story about his wife and 3 kids and he has never asked the government for anything blah blah blah...can he borrow 10 dollars. I told him no and walked away.

I don't give to local beggars...not gonna dish it out to somebody who came half way around the world to beg.

Forgive me for judging but this guy is trouble...

I think this the same guy that had a picture posted of him a while back on here somewhere......He opened with "do u have the time" with me at ayala...southern twang accent...almost sure its the same guy....looks like he switches up locations...Wonder if he takes a cab?

contraman

We were approached by a guy that fits the same description at SM City only yesterday.

He started by asking the time.

When I said I dont wear a watch, he started to give some story about how he was screwed over by some woman.

I told him I was not interested and had a movie to see.

With that, he left.

Yes, he smelt of cigarettes and alcohol

So he is still about :idontknow:

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• Like 1

BossHog

a guy ask me what time it was..

He always approaches with, "do you have the time?"

....He opened with "do u have the time" with me at ayala.

He started by asking the time.

We should all chip in and buy him a watch

or, better yet, a box of watches!

post-5791-0-13213700-1473633910.jpg

• Like 8

contraman

We should all chip in and buy him a watch

or, better yet, a box of watches!

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Damn

where is Fred when you need him :yahoo:

• Like 6

Monsoon

He's been talked about so often on this forum I wonder if he is a member...

• Like 4

Davaoeno

It sure doesnt sound like much of a scam .  Anyone who thinks that is a scam sure isnt prepared for living in the Philippines .

• Like 4

Gus

It sure doesnt sound like much of a scam . Anyone who thinks that is a scam sure isnt prepared for living in the Philippines .

C'mon mate ...

This guy wants to know the time ..for free !

And you don't think it's a scam ?

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

• Like 8

b7335920

It sure doesnt sound like much of a scam .  Anyone who thinks that is a scam sure isnt prepared for living in the Philippines .

ok im going home

• Like 2

smokey

my goodness guy just wants to stay in heaven cheap cigs.. cheap booze ... young sexy girls no pity for the guy ? oh i know he is a foreigner so it must be a scam and if a local says the same thing its time to open the wallet???    dang we have all become racist 

• Like 2

motorboy

If it is the infamous Ayala scammer. Before I left I happened to see him at SM mall. He looked much worse then before. Was thin and more haggard looking. I guess the hard partying is taking a toll on him.

• Like 2

Soarking

I saw him at the MacDonalds by City Hall. He looked in real bad shape and you could see he pissed his pants. He approached me three times. First asking where I was from, then to ask the time, and finally asked if I had P 100.00 I could spare.

He was sitting nursing a small soft drink and going to people's tables after they left looking for leftover food. Security finally asked him to leave.

I had no pity for him. He needs to get out of the Philippines.

• Like 5

HeyMike

I saw him at the MacDonalds by City Hall. He looked in real bad shape and you could see he pissed his pants. He approached me three times. First asking where I was from, then to ask the time, and finally asked if I had P 100.00 I could spare.

He was sitting nursing a small soft drink and going to people's tables after they left looking for leftover food. Security finally asked him to leave.

I had no pity for him. He needs to get out of the Philippines.

How does one get out of the Philippines when they have no money or anything else? When he does leave, where does he go? It would be interesting to find out what his story is. Maybe he was a nuclear physicist or something in times past and has just fell on bad times now. Or, maybe he has helped a lot of people in his past and did not think that he would give all his money away helping others. If I saw a starving dog I would throw it some scraps. It would have been nice if someone could have given this guy a burger or something. The poor will always be with us. 

• Like 3

contraman

How does one get out of the Philippines when they have no money or anything else? When he does leave, where does he go? It would be interesting to find out what his story is. Maybe he was a nuclear physicist or something in times past and has just fell on bad times now. Or, maybe he has helped a lot of people in his past and did not think that he would give all his money away helping others. If I saw a starving dog I would throw it some scraps. It would have been nice if someone could have given this guy a burger or something. The poor will always be with us.

IMHO

To give him anything only encourages him to continue and prolongs the inevitable

YMMV : :idontknow:

• Like 3