Sign in to follow this  
KennyF

Any experienced AIRBNB guys here?

toshi

there might be 2 places with the same name and different locations, there software might not catch it. ?

Earl

I tried an AirBB search and can't find it.   Crazy.

KennyF

I tried an AirBB search and can't find it.   Crazy.

Airbnb have been in touch and have fed in actual latitude and longitude details but still couldn't find us.

They have pretty much suggested that there is a bug in the software/indexing and have said they will get back to me when resolved.

Latitude 9.247597

Longitude 124,714311

The map seems to have the last say.

For instance, the map has decided that my nearest airport is Manila and every time I change it to Camiguin airport, it just over rides it.

So much for AI.

KonC

Raven

Think you should change the location from - Mambajao, Camiguin, Philippines to Mambajao, Northern Mindanao, Philippines

Sometimes both your Listings (apt4 and apt6) shows up.

A search on Camiguin will still show your place correct.

Earl

Yes Raven there it is:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Mambajao--Northern-Mindanao--Philippines?checkin=09%2F29%2F2016&checkout=10%2F05%2F2016&price_max=42&ss_id=pgkidhqj&page=1&source=filters&airbnb_plus_only=false&s_tag=X1PL4sNh

Mabini Lodge self catering studio H9

If you go I recommend flying in.   Maybe the boat from Bohol isn't bad?  From CDO it's a trek and a half.  I rode a motor bike there.  It was the first time riding a motorcycle in 40 years.  Driving around empty mountain roads was so much fun.  Main road slower traffic stay to the right, easy peasy.  I never thought I'd ride a moto again but there I was riding a motorcycle.  Ken I hung out at Infinity Bar when I was there.

Earl
KennyF

When I search "Camiguin" on Airbnb this morning I find NOTHING.

I guess Airbnb are still having problems with their system.

The initial problem was Google maps overwriting my address.

If I search "Camiguin" on Homeway I find everything I've listed.

I don't know where you got "18" and "32" ($US maybe)

We list in pesos.

1,495 for the self catering apartment

825 for the self catering studio

750 for the plain hotel room

I seem to remember that Infinity bar is upstairs in Medano resort.

Nice spot and probably the closest we get to a pickup bar on Camiguin.

Most nights it's a sausage fest though with 15 guys to 1 girl.

KonC

Earl

Yes 32 and 18 was USD, that's how it showed up here.  We just happened to be staying at Medano and went upstairs to the bar.  We arrived Saturday evening from CDO and I was waiting until we got to Camiguin to get money out of the bank.  Big mistako!  The lone ATM that I could use would not dispense of any pesos and I was broke. I was in all kinds of consternation!   The good folks at Infinity told me "oh yeah it always runs out on the weekend. They'll fill it up Monday.  "Infinity owners did a Pay Pal thing with me to get me some cash to get through the weekend.

Edited by Earl

Earl

Checked airbb on my phone, usually I do it from the computer and Ken's place was the first one. I took a plane on a few days notice from the airport there to Cebu for 2500 pesos.  Not bad all.  

KennyF

I took a plane on a few days notice from the airport there to Cebu for 2500 pesos. Not bad all.

Book ahead by a week or so and the price can drop to a little over 2,000 return.

KonC