Sign in to follow this  
Mikala

10 things to remember at PNP checkpoints

samatm

DO they EVER STOP  Cars and SUVs ??? Ever Ever EVEr..   not in the 8 years i have been here.   maybe now the with the new state of lawlessness  they will ...   has anyone been stopped recently at checkpoint (in a car) ?

• Like 1

Woolf

DO they EVER STOP  Cars and SUVs ??? Ever Ever EVEr..   not in the 8 years i have been here.   maybe now the with the new state of lawlessness  they will ...   has anyone been stopped recently at checkpoint (in a car) ?

Almost once in 5 years

When the citom guy saw my wife,  he waved us through, she works at Cebu City hall and he reconed her

Skywalker

In my SUV, hell no, actually not even on my scooter.  I suspect because their english might embarrass them.

ex231

11. You have no obligation to enter the checkpoint area. If you have broken no obvious laws, but say your vehicle registration is expired and you do not wish to have your vehicle impounded, simply pull over and stop with the 100 or so Filipinos before you enter the checkpoint area. This is your right. They watch these areas for wanted persons and illegal activities, but they are not allowed to approach/question you outside the checkpoint area without probable cause.

To combat that the PNP should have a guy come up behind the 100 peenoys and place another check point sign so that they were then all in the check point area lol

rainymike

My advice: obey the law the best you can.

The incident below illustrates the worst case scenario. And it happened back under Aquino's time.

http://news.abs-cbn.com/nation/regions/04/19/15/teen-motorcycle-shot-dead-checkpoint

MANILA -- A teenager was shot dead by a policeman manning a checkpoint in Macapagal Drive, Barangay Canitoan in Cagayan de Oro City Saturday morning.

The victim was identified as Patrick Dale Curiba, 17. Based on police investigation, Curiba, who was riding a motorcycle, tried to avoid the checkpoint.

The suspect, PO3 Gennan Lou Arce, tried to stop Curiba as he was making a u-turn to avoid the checkpoint.

A witness said he heard the sound of gunfire as he was taking some documents from his motorcycle.

Curiba was able to drive away from the scene before he fell off his motorcycle.

Arce immediately surrendered his service firearm. However, he denied the witness' allegations, saying Curiba ran him over with his motorcycle.

The policeman sustained bruises and wounds due to the incident. His name plate and uniform were also damaged.

Arce, who is currently detained at the police station, will be charged with homicide.