Advice on Airline Booking dates

SkyMan

Ok, never mind.  I found on an embassy website the onward ticket is required so you'd have to have that to get the visa.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee

• sugbu777

• Woolf

• Jackr

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks this helps.  I have never been there without a certain date to get back but now I'm funally done with work. Beginning the journey of retired living and learning all the tricks of living and tra

If your wife  is Filipina you can come on a one way ticket and get the balikbayan stamp good for a year. If not, then you can both come on a one way ticket and get a cheap "throw away" onward ticket.

Many airlines will let a Filipino on without a return ticket or onward ticket since they are the actual BB but will not let a kano on without one, even when the law in the Philippines is that BB's do

Posted Images

We've received the BB the last two visits without asking. Also, gave it to our adult child who was travelling with us.

Isn't that risky? Why don't you ask/mention it? What would you do if got your passport back and find you were given 30 days as a tourist? Not sure they would be likely to change it after the fact. Sounds like an enormous stroke of luck to me, maybe you should start buying lottery tickets.

• Like 1
LechonBuddha

Isn't that risky? Why don't you ask/mention it? What would you do if got your passport back and find you were given 30 days as a tourist? Not sure they would be likely to change it after the fact. Sounds like an enormous stroke of luck to me, maybe you should start buying lottery tickets.

Since we were only staying 28 days it really didn't matter.

TheWhiteKnight

I have the SRRV and even then from what I read it sounds like some feck tard airline employee might still try to require me to have an onward ticket. I haven't put it to the test yet. I will see what Cebu Pacific does in Hong Kong next month.

I have the SRRV and even then from what I read it sounds like some feck tard airline employee might still try to require me to have an onward ticket. I haven't put it to the test yet. I will see what Cebu Pacific does in Hong Kong next month.

My advice to everyone is to email the BI 

[email protected]

with your specific question and then print out their reply to show the airlines in case any airlines should break your chops. Delta corporate offices told me that it is my responsibility to prove that I do not need a visa, not theirs to know the laws,   :wacko: I know that is not the same need as yours, just making my point.

• Like 1
SkyMan

elta corporate offices told me that it is my responsibility to prove that I do not need a visa, not theirs to know the laws,

And honestly they're correct. The BI is asking the airlines to make an RP law determination and should the airline screw up they get fined and have to fly the offender back to where they came from.  A guy could show up at the ticket counter without an onward ticket and an easily faked copy of an MC and claim they are married and he would get a BB so no need for an onward ticket.  How would the airline know until the 'couple' arrives and the BI makes the official determination?

• Like 1
I <3 Cebu

Wifey and I will be coing to the Phils in January 2017 but I do not want to book a return date because my stay will be undetermined. Can I book round trip and change the dates later?  How would I go about this? 

I dont believe I can book one way tickets. Does anyone have advice on this open ended stay dilemma?

Jack

Wife= balikbayan visa = 12 months stay, atleast that was my last situation/ even though i had already purchased return tick

TheWhiteKnight

My advice to everyone is to email the BI 

[email protected]

with your specific question and then print out their reply to show the airlines in case any airlines should break your chops. Delta corporate offices told me that it is my responsibility to prove that I do not need a visa, not theirs to know the laws,   :wacko: I know that is not the same need as yours, just making my point.

What's crazy is, it's usually Cebu fecking pacific giving people trouble on these onward issues. If there are two airlines that actually SHOULD know PH regulations its PAL an CEB!!!

And honestly they're correct. The BI is asking the airlines to make an RP law determination and should the airline screw up they get fined and have to fly the offender back to where they came from.  A guy could show up at the ticket counter without an onward ticket and an easily faked copy of an MC and claim they are married and he would get a BB so no need for an onward ticket.  How would the airline know until the 'couple' arrives and the BI makes the official determination?

I think it literally spells out a $10,000 USD fine for the airline.

What's crazy is, it's usually Cebu fecking pacific giving people trouble on these onward issues. If there are two airlines that actually SHOULD know PH regulations its PAL an CEB!!!

And if it's two airlines that wouldn't know ......

sugbu777

It's not risky, my wife and I get BB's all the time without asking(at least 20 times) even if we are only staying for a few weeks. US passports with same last name...boom BB stamp. Contrary to popular belief, not all of the folks at immigration are clueless.

• Like 1